• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Desperate for some drive and Power in our midfield. It feels as though Willock and ESR are our only two with it and Willock is hardly a powerhouse!

A Rodri type (I'm taking it on the playmakers comment) like Roca, A high-intensity ball winner like Torreria and an attacking midfielder who can drive forward with the ball would be bliss. How did we let Ox drift away from us man?
Was listening to a podcast a while back, Liverpool fans on there don’t even rate Ox it his skill set. Main criticism being he lacks the guile of someone like Coutinho - their comparison criticism.

Was listening to a podcast a while back, Liverpool fans on there don’t even rate Ox it his skill set. Main criticism being he lacks the guile of someone like Coutinho - their comparison criticism.

Ox always seems to lack that extra, if it is mentally or physically. Think managers he had were banking on that he would find it eventually but I think he is getting short on time here. Move to Aston Villa on the horizon for him I think.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Strange. I got the impression that he was rated there. He seemed well in line to make an impact last season before his injury and he seems to be in favour now.

He underwhelmed somewhat here, but you could see the potential. We'd kill for Rambo and Ox in our midfield now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Strange. I got the impression that he was rated there. He seemed well in line to make an impact last season before his injury and he seems to be in favour now.

He underwhelmed somewhat here, but you could see the potential. We'd kill for Rambo and Ox in our midfield now.
If someone said you can buy Ox back for 40M today, would you? Think majority will say no.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If someone said you can buy Ox back for 40M today, would you? Think majority will say no.

No, I still think he's crap, only gets in Pool first team when there injuries. Had a few big goals for them tho.

truth_hurts

100% He's exactly what our midfield needs. Now that he's been coached properly, he'd do damage here. I wasn't as sold on him as CM whilst here though.

Torreria, Ox and say a Partey style player would be brilliant.

truth_hurts

2 Spanish midfielders linked and turned us down in one week and Ceballos wants to leave. Arteta' pull for Spanish players must be huge.

Bellerin has shaved his hair and is losing the plot and Mari the jury is out.

In Arteta we trust.

Disclaimer- I'm not upset about any of the Spanish lads not signing. Well maybe Ceballos actually.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
2 Spanish midfielders linked and turned us down in one week and Ceballos wants to leave. Arteta' pull for Spanish players must be huge.

Bellerin has shaved his hair and is losing the plot and Mari the jury is out.

In Arteta we trust.

Disclaimer- I'm not upset about any of the Spanish lads not signing. Well maybe Ceballos actually.

Ceballos simply isn't good enough. He has displayed that he can be tidy on the ball. That doesn't take away from the fact that he takes too many touches, is weak defensively, lacks physical attributes and isn't really that incisive. He isn't stupid. He knows he is not suited to the league and would be better in Spain.

What this team needs is pretty simple in my opinion. Arteta wants two players in every position to compete, but he isn't blind. I am sure he doesn't want to spend his time adjusting his entire formation because we have a midfield who virtually offer nothing. Think about what our midfield does. Does it create? Dribble? Tackle? Win headers? Recover? Pass incisively? It does none of that. It's full of joggers who play a sideways pass and who cant dribble or get into goal scoring positions. That is the area of the pitch in need of the most change. It needs athleticism and a complete overhaul in technical quality and pace.

The centre of the defence is also an issue. You would think that Sokratis and Mustafi will be leaving and Holding will probably need to go on loan. I like Gabriel and Upamecano is promising if not raw, but we cant afford to have two young centre backs. Saliba is who we put our investment in, so he needs an experienced solid partner. Mari is a good squad option. It doesn't really make sense pairing him with someone who is just as raw as he is. We need a more experienced left sided centre half that compliments Saliba.

The forward line consists of talent. Pepe, Nelson, Martinelli and Saka are all promising. We need someone to completely displace Özil and we need to make a decision on our strikers. If we were sensible we would cash in on Auba to Barcelona or Real Madrid and offer Lacazette to Atletico. Could we get Jovic? Edouard? I hold out hope from the Pepe deal. Nobody actually knows what we are doing. The bonus is we have a coach who has ideas online Emery who didn't have a clue.

truth_hurts

Ceballos simply isn't good enough. He has displayed that he can be tidy on the ball. That doesn't take away from the fact that he takes too many touches, is weak defensively, lacks physical attributes and isn't really that incisive. He isn't stupid. He knows he is not suited to the league and would be better in Spain.

What this team needs is pretty simple in my opinion. Arteta wants two players in every position to compete, but he isn't blind. I am sure he doesn't want to spend his time adjusting his entire formation because we have a midfield who virtually offer nothing. Think about what our midfield does. Does it create? Dribble? Tackle? Win headers? Recover? Pass incisively? It does none of that. It's full of joggers who play a sideways pass and who cant dribble or get into goal scoring positions. That is the area of the pitch in need of the most change. It needs athleticism and a complete overhaul in technical quality and pace.

The centre of the defence is also an issue. You would think that Sokratis and Mustafi will be leaving and Holding will probably need to go on loan. I like Gabriel and Upamecano is promising if not raw, but we cant afford to have two young centre backs. Saliba is who we put our investment in, so he needs an experienced solid partner. Mari is a good squad option. It doesn't really make sense pairing him with someone who is just as raw as he is. We need a more experienced left sided centre half that compliments Saliba.

The forward line consists of talent. Pepe, Nelson, Martinelli and Saka are all promising. We need someone to completely displace Özil and we need to make a decision on our strikers. If we were sensible we would cash in on Auba to Barcelona or Real Madrid and offer Lacazette to Atletico. Could we get Jovic? Edouard? I hold out hope from the Pepe deal. Nobody actually knows what we are doing. The bonus is we have a coach who has ideas online Emery who didn't have a clue.

I don't really disagree with much of that bar Emery didn't have a clue. I think he very much had a clue, but wasn't backed.

Our squad needs serious reinforcements but I'm unsure about the boards ambition and Arteta's pull.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

Who would you suggest based on what you are saying here? I am all for selling off our CB's and finding a good experienced partner for Saliba, could Thiago Silva on a free work? Also in midfield who would we get? Lastly, I would love Dembele from Lyon here and then we need an Özil replacement?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Genuinely want us to bring in young and relatively unknown this summer. Much more fun to follow, add one strong and known DM and a couple of highly rated youngsters and im pleased.

The usual suspects will tell you to dont be excited unless we bring in Messi or Ronaldo though!

Shalmaneser V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom