• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal XI

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Top game that was, Fabregas and Adebayor that year were icy.

Hleb was ridiculous as well that season, best wide player in the league after Ronaldo for me...he was the perfect Wengerball winger really.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Wouldn’t this list be more interesting if you picked actual starters instead of guys and kids who barely played?

Cech
Lichtsteiner Squilllaci Silvestre Santos
Campbell El Neny ? Mikhitariyan
Chamakh ?

Im missing another midfielder and striker to fill the gaps.

Can’t pick people like Denilson, Djourou etc, they were actually good for us.

Sanogo in for your missing striker position. Guy was actually given chances in the first team.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
----------------Almunia
Jenkinson-Senderos-Stepanovs-Santos
Park-Denilson-El Nenny-Miyaichi
------------Jeffers-Sanogo

Arteta manager.

El Nenny is a harsh call. Decent squaddie for 5m, but started too many games. Ditto Denilson. Ditto Senderos as he did have a good season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Surprised to see so many calls for Mkhi. He started off brilliantly and then faded. We needed him in the Europa League final badly.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
CF: K.Diawara (the worst Arsenal player in my life time).
CF: Sanogo
CF: Wreh
CM: Mendez
CM: Inamoto
CM: Diaby
RB: Bellerin
CB: Cygan
CB: Squallaci
LB: Traore
GK: Taylor

Stepanovs, Luzhny, Senderos, Song, Suarez, Bischoff, Ramsey, Helder, Gervinho, Boa Morte, Bendner and Danilevičius all worthy mentions.

It's hard to gauge who to put in out of two different groups in Ramsey, Bellerin, Song, Diaby and Gervinho who had 100s of poor peformances for us compared the likes of Inamoto, Suarez etc who were so poor they were only given limited peformances with us.
Started following from beginning of '98/'99 season. I remember Kaba Diawara joining on loan for a few months, right? And he hit the woodwork a lot but never scored??

Mendez I don't remember much about, same with Malz. What the hell were their supposed attributes?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
True but Gibbs was even worse.

This thread just goes to show how many terrible players we've had post highbury,
Weirdly, Gibbs started very brightly. First saw him vs Inter in the Emirates Cup. He played left wing and had a superb game. Was top drawer in 2009 for a few months other than that slip against United in the CL.

Downhill from there, slowly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No, he wasn't
Nani made him his *****
All you had to do was cut inside him and he was finished. Offered nothing going forward as well.
Given our situation, he was excellent.

You are talking about players signed for nothing who were getting CL for you.

Djourou, Almunia, Sagna, Kos, Song, Theo, Ade, Robin, Giroud etc. Assembled for peanuts.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
——————-Almunia
Jenkinson-Squillaci-Mustafi-Gibbs
-Walcott-Denilson-Xhaka-Welbeck
————-Bendtner—Giroud

I feel it’s very very harsh for people putting players like Martínez, Kallstrom, Miyachi, Suarez or Park in the first XI when they didn’t actually play much at all and/or never actually even started a PL game in some cases. My XI is of players we got to see for YEARS not be good enough yet they kept being thrown out there to **** up any chance of us achieving anything truly great.
That line-up would give our current first XI a game.... but weak on the right half of the defence, but other than that.....

GunnerUK

134 years of history and every player mentioned here all picked in Wengers last years.

What a clown that Manger become. Either that or this board of posters knows f*ck all about Arsenal and only started supporting the club early 00’s like a bunch of glory hunters

Top Bottom