• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Torreria feels like another replacement that is not all that much better than the predecessor. Similar to what Lacazette was to Giroud, I feel like spending £20+ million on a player who is barely an improvement on Coquelin is why our recruitment has been so shoddy over the years. Let's be honest with ourselves those 6 months when Coq came back from Charlton were better than anything Torreira has given us so far in an Arsenal shirt.

Good player but I'm not going to lose any tesrs if he goes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No top team will come in for him, if by top we’re talking the top 1/2 teams in the main leagues.

Can see him join a Villarreal, Valencia, Napoli type club. But guys like Torreira grow in the trees in places like Spain, so I don’t know who will be willing to spend 30M to take him from us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nobody's going to pay more for him than we did. Very unlikely. We must be the only club who's players never go up in price.

Its embarrassing to think that like who Overmars was our most expensive sale. Maybe Chamberlain broke it with add ons.

All this idea of developing players and being good for young players all a myth. We dont develop players well compared to other teams.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Since Arteta took over, Torreria has been between good and excellent. He's one of very few that we have that I think are good enough and performing well enough. I liked Emery, but him using Torreria as a number 10 was utterly unforgivable.

truth_hurts

No top team will come in for him, if by top we’re talking the top 1/2 teams in the main leagues.

Can see him join a Villarreal, Valencia, Napoli type club. But guys like Torreira grow in the trees in places like Spain, so I don’t know who will be willing to spend 30M to take him from us.

Strangely, I could see him at an Inter or Atletico type team. He isn't a big enough name for a Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern or Juve to splash on.

He'd leave here and walk straight into the midfield of a decent champions league club.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Since Arteta took over, Torreria has been between good and excellent. He's one of very few that we have that I think are good enough and performing well enough. I liked Emery, but him using Torreria as a number 10 was utterly unforgivable.

I swear Arteta benched him?

Also, I'm not a troll. I generally believe Torreira is bad and one of our worst signings ever.

BigPoppaPump

Torreria feels like another replacement that is not all that much better than the predecessor. Similar to what Lacazette was to Giroud, I feel like spending £20+ million on a player who is barely an improvement on Coquelin is why our recruitment has been so shoddy over the years. Let's be honest with ourselves those 6 months when Coq came back from Charlton were better than anything Torreira has given us so far in an Arsenal shirt.

Good player but I'm not going to lose any tesrs if he goes.

Brilliant post, this is my biggest problem and everytime I tell people these players we're buying aren't good I get called a troll, I bet any money Tierney isn't better than Monreal. I'd be surprised if he's even that much of a step up to Kolasinac.

Coquelin was much better than Torreira and didn't cost us like £25 million, also wasn't built like an 11 year old.

Nobody's going to pay more for him than we did. Very unlikely. We must be the only club who's players never go up in price.

Its embarrassing to think that like who Overmars was our most expensive sale. Maybe Chamberlain broke it with add ons.

All this idea of developing players and being good for young players all a myth. We dont develop players well compared to other teams.

Again another brilliant post. I agree wholeheartedly this is one of the reasons we never get massive transfers like Liverpool.

The level of posting on this site has gone up it seems in my time off, too bad bums like @truth_hurts stinking up the place with their terrible opinions.

9jagooner

Not sure why you guys don't like Torreira but for me, he's one of the most important players in the team.
We don't have any midfielder who works as hard or defends as well as he does

9jagooner

What we don't have yet is the right partner for him in midfield. Just like Coquelin did well when playing with Santi, Torreira needs someone who can carry the ball and transit quickly from defence to attack. We don't have that yet.
Maybe we should loan Santi for a season :D

BigPoppaPump

What we don't have yet is the right partner for him in midfield. Just like Coquelin did well when playing with Santi, Torreira needs someone who can carry the ball and transit quickly from defence to attack. We don't have that yet.
Maybe we should loan Santi for a season :D

Oh god another player at Arsenal that needs someone else to do the job for them, how about we get rid of him and stop buying these limited players?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can't see him getting a game at Valencia, they already have a taller, stronger, more technically gifted, more athletic version of him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't see him getting a game at Valencia, they already have a taller, stronger, more technically gifted, more athletic version of him.

tumblr_nqek456Bpq1tigieto1_500.gif

Tsl

The problem is that both Torreira and Coquelin are very limited footballers. It can work, but they need to simplify their game. Intercept the ball and then get rid! I think both of them did that really well in periods. Coquelin right after his spell at Charlton and Torreira at his first six months. Emery absolutely destroyed that by thinking Torreira could replace Ramsey as a number 8, and I think Coquelin thought he needed to add more to his game, which was very unnessecary, since he’s not really a good ball player. Im not sure there’s a way back in the team for Torreira sadly, and the best would probably be to sell him in the next window.

truth_hurts

I swear Arteta benched him?

Also, I'm not a troll. I generally believe Torreira is bad and one of our worst signings ever.

I have no choice but to respect your consistency with relation to Torreria. One of our worst signings ever is a very big claim.

Out of interest, with our current midfield options, how would you line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom