• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What worries me is he's basically been frozen out of the team for the whole season so remains to be seen if he'd be at his 18/19 level.
He’s been involved in every league game, started 22 of them too. 1 goal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Incorrect. I like Fraser because he is direct and comfortable playing as an orthodox winger. I think he's better than James at United and despite being limited, he is a good outlet for them.

We need a winger and Fraser on a free makes a lot of sense. He would also want to test and prove himself.

I want him for his attributes more than his fee. We could pay 60m for A Zaha or Lemar instead, but I don't feel.thst would be smart.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So do you judge him on his worst season or his best season? There is something called middle ground.
In terms of goals, even his best season isn’t that impressive, 7 goals. 16 goals in 4 seasons while in the PL.

Good little footballer, not sure he has enough about him for me to get excited.

Interesting, nobody is saying “let’s sign Fraser because he’s fantastic and will improve us”, “let’s sign Fraser because he’ll push us to top 4”, “wow, great footballer” etc.

All I’m hearing is how he’s free, decent, has resale value etc.

I mean he’s so good no top club has signed him despite him running his deal down, isn’t even now being linked to top clubs etc. Just Arsenal because he’s free.

Nobody would want him if we had to pay any sort of fee.

Don't get this thing with resale value either.

Our squad is filled with players that should have only been allowed to dream about playing for Arsenal. None of them is leaving because they know they don't deserve to be here yet they somehow are. Big contracts, elite facilities, zero pressure to deliver, etc.

These players come here and are like a wild cat. Once you give the cat to eat, the only way to get rid is killing it.

You hand Fraser 4 year deal and he is coming here to stay out that deal. Doubt we could sell him at all. Then he will somehow magically get us through last 32 in EL with his only goal that season and we will hand him another 2 year deal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All of us, when Frasier is our highest profile signing next season...

tumblr_maymaxpsFe1qbl3a8.gif

LG10

In terms of goals, even his best season isn’t that impressive, 7 goals. 16 goals in 4 seasons while in the PL.

That changes things actually, though he was benched regularly this season for some reason. Still, for a depth signing (which this would be, we've show we'll spend big on key signings) still think this would be good business.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

His best performance betters anything our other wingers have done in the Premier League then? It's not outlandish to suggest that he could better this figures in a better team or maybe he's peaked?

Fraser doesn't get me excited - Saka, Pepe and Martinelli do. But, out of the 4 names mentioned id6be more confident in Fraser putting in 5 solid performances from the wing.

He'd be a decent signing. As long as a signing like this is supplemented by good or potentially great signings, then no harm done.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd like Jota, think he has the ability to go a step up but it would be ridiculously irresponsible to go into a season with Martinelli as our first choice CF. Look how Man Utd have struggled since selling Lukaku and they have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood who are all capable of playing through the middle.

Its time for project youth 2.0. We simply do not have the money to replace Auba. I'd also argue that United have goal scorers. Its just that their full backs and midfield are poor. We have the full backs, our primary problem is the midfield.

Its also about a power play in Europe. We used to be the number 1 club for young players. Currently its Dortmund and Leipzig leading the way, but they buy players and sell them on for profit. We need to buy players, develop them, make them fall in love with the club, win things with them and keep them through their prime .

Martinelli may develop into a world class striker that eventually will go to Real Madrid. However it needs to be a Hazard situation not an Anelka. He needs to go when he is 27, so we have his best years. If we give him the chance now to be the striker for Arsenal at the age of 19, every single young player in the world will look at our club. Every young player will see Saka and Martinelli playing and think if I go to Arsenal, they will play me.

The problem of our team is the soft centre. Guendouzi and Torreira simply do not win you a football match. Xhaka and Ceballos are more of the same. We need a massive shake up in that area. Saliba is our jewel so we need to surround him with what he needs to flourish. That isn't a Pau Torres, Diop or Upamecano next to him. It's an experienced defender.

Martinelli needs balls into the box, Pepe needs an overlapping full back, Saka needs the ball in 1v1 situations. All of those things are dependant on a midfield. We need a late runner into the box to draw the attention away from Martinelli. A genuine goalscoring midfielder who can shoot from the edge of the box, dribble and interchange with Pepe is a must. We need power in central areas. We also need technical quality. 3 players in midfield will change this club, not another 50 million pound striker.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Its time for project youth 2.0. We simply do not have the money to replace Auba. I'd also argue that United have goal scorers. Its just that their full backs and midfield are poor. We have the full backs, our primary problem is the midfield.

Its also about a power play in Europe. We used to be the number 1 club for young players. Currently its Dortmund and Leipzig leading the way, but they buy players and sell them on for profit. We need to buy players, develop them, make them fall in love with the club, win things with them and keep them through their prime .

Martinelli may develop into a world class striker that eventually will go to Real Madrid. However it needs to be a Hazard situation not an Anelka. He needs to go when he is 27, so we have his best years. If we give him the chance now to be the striker for Arsenal at the age of 19, every single young player in the world will look at our club. Every young player will see Saka and Martinelli playing and think if I go to Arsenal, they will play me.

The problem of our team is the soft centre. Guendouzi and Torreira simply do not win you a football match. Xhaka and Ceballos are more of the same. We need a massive shake up in that area. Saliba is our jewel so we need to surround him with what he needs to flourish. That isn't a Pau Torres, Diop or Upamecano next to him. It's an experienced defender.

Martinelli needs balls into the box, Pepe needs an overlapping full back, Saka needs the ball in 1v1 situations. All of those things are dependant on a midfield. We need a late runner into the box to draw the attention away from Martinelli. A genuine goalscoring midfielder who can shoot from the edge of the box, dribble and interchange with Pepe is a must. We need power in central areas. We also need technical quality. 3 players in midfield will change this club, not another 50 million pound striker.
That's very far fetched and going with Martinelli as the starting striker would be a disaster. We need at least one senior striker going into next season if we sell both Auba and Laca.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Leipzig and Dortmund youngsters don't start every game bar exceptional player and are surrounded with quality seniors.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Striker is the big worry for me atm. No idea what we do if we lose Auba.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Guys like Jovic, Dembele & Eduourd just don't seem to cut it for me.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Leipzig and Dortmund youngsters don't start every game bar exceptional player and are surrounded with quality seniors.

You will find that Dortmunds experience is in the centre of the pitch. Not their front line.

Hypothetically if you sold Auba and Laca and bought Thiago and Partey and played Saka and Martinelli up front we would be a much better team than a midfield of Guendouzi and Torreira with Auba and Laca.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guys like Jovic, Dembele & Eduourd just don't seem to cut it for me.

Osimhen is an option. He is raw and erratic but he caused Chelsea aloft of problems. Pace
, power, good in the air and back to goal. Also at a more reasonable price.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Osimhen is an option. He is raw and erratic but he caused Chelsea aloft of problems. Pace
, power, good in the air and back to goal. Also at a more reasonable price.

Yeah there's a few strikers out there who are decent at reasonable prices. My issue is the goals. We need more from midfield but going after a guy like Partey won't add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom