• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 658,422
Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I said Jorginho and Kepa? How’s that not my original point. Coutinho has had one good season his entire career which he’s still living off.

Paying 200k+ a week for a couple of long range bangers is joke business.
Those are good points for sure but I see him potentially doing great here at Arsenal for a few seasons at least. That said, depends on a lot of variables like his supporting cast etc.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
That said, if we are willing to commit that kind of money, I'd rather we go after 2 young talented midfielders spend big on someone like Aouar maybe.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think the idea is that Coutinho is quite a lot better than all of them bar Ziyech maybe and both can play on the wings so it shouldn't be an issue.

Coutinho really can't. He did a few times at Inter and Liverpool, but he really only hit good form when depoyed as a 10 at 'pool. Shown he's wasted as a winger at Barca and at Bayern.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Coutinho really can't. He did a few times at Inter and Liverpool, but he really only hit good form when depoyed as a 10 at 'pool. Shown he's wasted as a winger at Barca and at Bayern.
Yeah, he's most like to play central I guess and Ziyech's seems to play on the wings mostly. That CL run time at least.

???
Pulisic-Coutinho-Ziyech

Interesting attacking 3 behind a striker with Odoi, Mount and possibly another signing to back them up.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If Kia and Raul can get Barcelona to do us a solid, you take Coutinho.

It's a sad state of affairs, but Coutinho + Fraser is better than what we have at LW currently.

Also think we'll move Kolasinac this summer and keep Saka as a LB/LW option.

The crux of it all lies with Aubameyang. We're not signing a better player output-wise in that position anytime soon. Rather strenghten the squad elsewhere and try to make it to the top 4

GDeep™

League is very weak
Will be a great 'I told you so' moment when Coutinho tears it up at Chelsea, whilst quoting some of the m***s on here claiming we don't need him.

Chelsea seems an odd destination as they already have Ziyech, Mount and Pulisic. Coutinho is better than all 3, but similar to a degree in style.
A loan with a view to buying him for 80M.

I’ll wait for your great “I told you so” moment. He’s nearly 28 and has one top season under his belt, so I think we’ll be waiting a while for him to deliver on that 80M, if it even happens.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A loan with a view to buying him for 80M.

I’ll wait for your great “I told you so” moment. He’s nearly 28 and has one top season under his belt, so I think we’ll be waiting a while for him to deliver on that 80M, if it even happens.

People conveniently ignore the fact this so called 1 good season meant he was probably the best in the league for 12 - 18 months. He was also the stand out in a decent Liverpool team. He also performs for Brazil. In reality he's had 1 amazing season, a couple of good and just promise or underwhelming outside of that.

There is no way that he goes for 80m. That was the rumoured price a year ago and since then his contract has lessened, his position at Barca has weakened further and COVID19 has changed the football landscape at least in the interim.

I'd be surprised if he went for more than 60m or as I call it Mkhi out with about 45m on top. Good business. Özil out the year after as well.

I'd love Coutinho here, but unless Raul wants to grease his palms, he will have far more attractive options.

truth_hurts

Sane and Havertz would be quite a showing of intent from Bayern. Quite a squad that they're building.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Kepa’s one of the worst keepers in the league ffs. Worst save percentage in the league of starting goalkeepers :rofl:

Same with advanced stats, he’s bottom by every metric going.

And Jorginho is exactly what AM hates most about our current midfielders the most - slow as ****, weak, no dynamic.. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People conveniently ignore the fact this so called 1 good season meant he was probably the best in the league for 12 - 18 months. He was also the stand out in a decent Liverpool team. He also performs for Brazil. In reality he's had 1 amazing season, a couple of good and just promise or underwhelming outside of that.

There is no way that he goes for 80m. That was the rumoured price a year ago and since then his contract has lessened, his position at Barca has weakened further and COVID19 has changed the football landscape at least in the interim.

I'd be surprised if he went for more than 60m or as I call it Mkhi out with about 45m on top. Good business. Özil out the year after as well.

I'd love Coutinho here, but unless Raul wants to grease his palms, he will have far more attractive options.

Best in the league... what am I reading? If you’re talking about 16/17 he didn’t even get in the team of the season. His own teammate Mane managed to get in. Saying he was the best midfielder in the league is laughable but best player is even worse.

The year he did get in the team of the season 5 years ago, he scored a grand total of five goals and was miles behind Hazard and Alexis. Even ignoring that he was best player on a team that finished a distance 5th.

truth_hurts

Best in the league... what am I reading? If you’re talking about 16/17 he didn’t even get in the team of the season. His own teammate Mane managed to get in. Saying he was the best midfielder in the league is laughable but best player is even worse.

The year he did get in the team of the season 5 years ago, he scored a grand total of five goals and was miles behind Hazard and Alexis. Even ignoring that he was best player on a team that finished a distance 5th.

So many contradictions. So when he didn't get in the team it was because he wasn't good enough, but when he did he didn't deserve to be there?

The bolded point is irrelevant unless you are suggesting that players can not have amazing seasons in a team finishing outside of the top 4. I'm fine with that provided that you aren't seen to be posting positively about Saka or Aubameyang or the likes of Richarlison, B. Fernandes, Wan Bissaka, Traore, Neves, Grealish or any body else possibly in contention for pfa team of the year despite playing for a team outside of the top 4.

Coutinho was brilliant in the year Gerrard tripped over the title, best player? No not a chance with Suarez in that form.

I've had to research this, in 2015he was shortlisted for both pfa young player and overall player of the year. He lost out to Kane and Hazard respectively. So he was in the top 6 players in the league. The best? Well no, but this case for Coutinho being excellent at Liverpool is gathering pace.

2015 - 16 a goal every 3 games in the league
16/17 - a goal every 2.5 games
17/18 - a goal every two games

Pretty damn impressive for a playmaker.

Assists available on request. I was wrong he was VERY good to excellent for a sustained period in the Premier League. KDB was the best play maker in this period in the 18 months before Coutinho left for Barca. Not sure he can match him goal and assist wise though.

Remind me again why Coutinho wouldn't be a great signing for a Premier League club?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So many contradictions. So when he didn't get in the team it was because he wasn't good enough, but when he did he didn't deserve to be there?

The bolded point is irrelevant unless you are suggesting that players can not have amazing seasons in a team finishing outside of the top 4. I'm fine with that provided that you aren't seen to be posting positively about Saka or Aubameyang or the likes of Richarlison, B. Fernandes, Wan Bissaka, Traore, Neves, Grealish or any body else possibly in contention for pfa team of the year despite playing for a team outside of the top 4.

Coutinho was brilliant in the year Gerrard tripped over the title, best player? No not a chance with Suarez in that form.

I've had to research this, in 2015he was shortlisted for both pfa young player and overall player of the year. He lost out to Kane and Hazard respectively. So he was in the top 6 players in the league. The best? Well no, but this case for Coutinho being excellent at Liverpool is gathering pace.

2015 - 16 a goal every 3 games in the league
16/17 - a goal every 2.5 games
17/18 - a goal every two games

Pretty damn impressive for a playmaker.

Assists available on request. I was wrong he was VERY good to excellent for a sustained period in the Premier League. KDB was the best play maker in this period in the 18 months before Coutinho left for Barca. Not sure he can match him goal and assist wise though.

Remind me again why Coutinho wouldn't be a great signing for a Premier League club?

You said best player in the league ffs, now you’re going with top three in the young player vote?

Its not like he was in that elite bracket with Hazard, Alexis, Silva and Özil. It’s mad to have him with them over those three/four years and this is at his “peak”, if anything he’s fallen off hard the last couple of years.

Always worrying when you have to go back almost five years for those numbers which even then are miles short of the actual best players in the league.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Coutinho was in the elite bracket around those times. Loads of people here rated him higher than Özil because even if wasn't that good a playmaker he was more effective as an individual player. And that Barcelona move came about because he was deemed an Iniesta replacement but Coutinho is more of an individual attacker than a creative passing playmaker.

He was pretty good when Liverpool almost won the title too shuttling between attacking midfield, wide and central midfield. Its just when he started scoring screamers is when he got more attention. Otherwise he was fairly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom