• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd go permanent, get Pau Torres to compete then buy Walce to compete with Saliba. Loan Holding, sell Mustafi and Sokratis, keep Luiz.
I'm looking at a completely new backline centrally aswell. Sokratis, Mustafi we can permanently get rid of, loan/sell Holding or Chambers doesn't bother me which way those 2. Keep Luiz maybe 1 more year as cover & bring in Pau Torres, Saliba & 1 of Upamecano or Issa Diop. Not sure on Mavropanos though.

Out
Sokratis
Mustafi
Holding/Chambers.

In
Pau Torres
William Saliba
Upamecano/Issa Diop.

WiscoGooner8

To be honest I don’t care. I’m sick of the majority of the current squad. Tear it up and start from scratch. With lots of young, emerging hungry players. Let Arteta drill his philosophy into them and work towards implementing a new ruthless mentality and winning culture at the club.

Clear out the trash

Agreed. Our spine isn’t working right now, and there aren’t many players on the team that I like. I would keep Saka, Martinelli, Pepe, Tierney, Leno, Auba, Nelson. The rest I just don’t care about. Özil is/was one of my favorite players ever, but it’s clear he just doesn’t have it anymore, or isn’t right for us.

Impact

Established Member
If Aubameyang wants to leave, we'll have to move him on this summer (with one year left on his deal) if we want to get some money back.

In respect of Lacazette, Raul et al's new contractual policy means he would also be up for sale too, but is there better on the market available to us that can step in this summer? Think Dembele (Lyon) and Eduoard (Celtic) would fair similar to Lacazette, for example.

Not sure how we go about this summer. Maybe try to pick up Raul Jimenez for 2-3 years while we develop Martinelli and others while we scout for other long-term options?

Shalmaneser V

If Aubameyang wants to leave, we'll have to move him on this summer (with one year left on his deal) if we want to get some money back.

In respect of Lacazette, Raul et al's new contractual policy means he would also be up for sale too, but is there better on the market available to us that can step in this summer? Think Dembele (Lyon) and Eduoard (Celtic) would fair similar to Lacazette, for example.

Not sure how we go about this summer. Maybe try to pick up Raul Jimenez for 2-3 years while we develop Martinelli and others while we scout for other long-term options?

I haven’t seen an awful lot of Edouard but from what I have seen I’ve been very impressed. It’s obvious he has the attributes to surpass Lacazette and Dembele imo.

Pretty quick, powerful, can play with his back to goal, can run in behind, technically good for his size, links up play and can create chances for himself.

Not saying he’s guaranteed to smash it but clearly has the potential and the time to develop into a top striker. Granted the Scottish league is Mickey Mouse but it’s unearthed quite a few gems who’ve gone on to make major names for themselves in PL.

His stats also keep improving year by year which is always a good sign.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
IN: Soares, Mari, Salibah, Ake, Tolliso/Partey, Fraser, Coutinho. All Prem experience bar the cms and Salibah. All have some degree of bring attainable. 180m

OUT: AMN, Mustafi, Mavrapanos, Sokratis, Kolasinac, El Nenny, Xhaka, Mkhi, Lacazette. The only player we would miss is Lacazette and I'm assuming he wants to leave - that's why he's being sold. 160m

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
------------------------Leno-----------------------
------------Luiz-------------Ake-----------------
-Bellerin----------------------------Tierney-
--------------Torreria---CM-------------------
--Pepe---------Coutinho---------Fraser--
---------------------Auba

What's crazy is that the foundation of that team is already there. It's simply added a quality left sided cb, a more mobile cm who can play, an AM who contributes more to the attack than out highest paid player and a natural winger.

We can easily change the names of Ake, Partey, Coutinho and Fraser to somebody else.

In reserve we still have exciting youngsters like Saka, Salibah, Guendouzi, Willock, ESR, Nelson, Martinelli and Nketiah. Also, the experience of Soares, Mari, Chambers, Özil etc.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

What's crazy is that the foundation of that team is already there. It's simply added a quality left sided cb, a more mobile cm who can play, an AM who contributes more to the attack than out highest paid player and a natural winger.

We can easily change the names of Ake, Partey, Coutinho and Fraser to somebody else.

In reserve we still have exciting youngsters like Saka, Salibah, Guendouzi, Willock, ESR, Nelson, Martinelli and Nketiah. Also, the experience of Soares, Mari, Chambers, Özil etc.
nti

I look at that eleven and see a potential title winning team, with a tad of luck and goodwill. Need to be a hell of a DM though, Partey would be a dream. Zakaria looks interesting as well. Kondogbia could be a dark horse, but ultimately i dont think he has the quality needed.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

nti

I look at that eleven and see a potential title winning team, with a tad of luck and goodwill. Need to be a hell of a DM though, Partey would be a dream. Zakaria looks interesting as well. Kondogbia could be a dark horse, but ultimately i dont think he has the quality needed.

That title winning? Not a chance.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Ye, probz need a solid upgrade/ solid ROTATION at least at Rb but otherwise i think it look really solid.

Too many question marks for me in that team, we don't know how good Tierney will be yet, will Bellerin get back to his old self? Luiz a question mark always, Fraser isn't first team quality, Coutinho has question mark, where are the goals bar Auba and a touch of Pepe?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Too many question marks for me in that team, we don't know how good Tierney will be yet, will Bellerin get back to his old self? Luiz a question mark always, Fraser isn't first team quality, Coutinho has question mark, where are the goals bar Auba and a touch of Pepe?[/QUOTE ]

I dont think Coutinho in PL is a question mark; to me he was consistently one of the leagues top perfomers while here. I expect B to naturally step up the goal production next season the more settled he becomes. Martinelli provides quality rotation and will grab his chances.
Think we need to ship out AMN and find a RB similar to Bellerin, maybe that will raise his game as well. Luiz a question mark yes but still a proven league winner.

Frasers current season is misleading to his actual quality, think the last season was more representative. Think he could do nicely hear, probably was counting on a move last season and thus could not be arsed. Great rotational option, if nothing else.

Moah

That is a solid top 10 team at best.

Top Bottom