• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)

Players I want and THINK we can get:
CB: Ozan Kabak, Pau Torres, Nathan Ake, Lewis Dunk
CAM: Nabil Fekir, Luiz Alberto
LW/CF: Diogo Jota, Milot Rashica, Ryan Fraser

Players I want but DON'T THINK we can get:
CB: Raphael Varane, Ibrahima Konate, Dayot Upamecano
CM: Thomas Partey, Sandro Tonali, Declan Rice
CAM: Kai Havertz
RW: Jadon Sancho

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think if we're looking strictly for a hybrid CF to replace Auba if he leaves, instead of looking at Boadu, maybe we should look at bringing back Donyell Malen. I'm not normally one who looks at bringing players back often but I've had an eye on both him and Josh DaSilva and they would be really shrewd return signings.

Impact

Established Member
I think if we're looking strictly for a hybrid CF to replace Auba if he leaves, instead of looking at Boadu, maybe we should look at bringing back Donyell Malen. I'm not normally one who looks at bringing players back often but I've had an eye on both him and Josh DaSilva and they would be really shrewd return signings.

Agree Malen has terrific potential. Suggested Malen as a target some time back. Only problem is I don't think Malen is ready to step into Auba's shoes yet.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Honestly when I saw Gnabry ripping it up in the Bundesliga I was desperate for us to sign him back but as soon as Bayern got their grubby hands on him I knew it was over. So I moved on to Malen and him playing for PSV makes him an easier acquisition than Gnabry. That being said, we have 3 recent ACL injuries and 2 of those who have come back, do not look like they’re at the best. Luckily Malen is young but if we were to sign him I don’t think we’ll see the best of him till another 12-18 months.

Goonger

------------------------Leno-----------------------
------------Luiz-------------Ake-----------------
-Bellerin----------------------------Tierney-
--------------Torreria---CM-------------------
--Pepe---------Coutinho---------Fraser--
---------------------Auba

What's crazy is that the foundation of that team is already there. It's simply added a quality left sided cb, a more mobile cm who can play, an AM who contributes more to the attack than out highest paid player and a natural winger.

We can easily change the names of Ake, Partey, Coutinho and Fraser to somebody else.

In reserve we still have exciting youngsters like Saka, Salibah, Guendouzi, Willock, ESR, Nelson, Martinelli and Nketiah. Also, the experience of Soares, Mari, Chambers, Özil etc.

I think realistically we will be looking at something like this, certainly in terms of positions we'll be looking to improve in.

I can't see us signing Ake, but imagine we will try & sign someone to play on the left side of defence.

Im thinking out of all our central midfielders, Xhaka is the 1 that's rated most by Arteta so most likely to be involved next season, with a new signing, dream scenario being someone like Partey or Zakaria.

Fraser will be seen as a no brainer type signing, & can also see us going for someone like Coutinho on loan as a more opportunistic type signing.

Then striker all depends on Auba's future I think. Does he want to stay, would his thinking change if we sold Lacazette, would we have the balls to sell both in the same summer if need be?

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm OK with our wingers personally. At most, I'd bring in a CF because of the Auba/Laca situation.

Midfield is where the bigger problems lie for me. That area of the field needs much more of a revamp than anywhere else in the team. I'd probably sign a RB while I'm at it.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm OK with our wingers personally. At most, I'd bring in a CF because of the Auba/Laca situation.

Midfield is where the bigger problems lie for me. That area of the field needs much more of a revamp than anywhere else in the team. I'd probably sign a RB while I'm at it.

I'm okay with our wingers, but would you trust them to contribute say 15 league goals and 20 assists between them?

Goonger

I agree, I think that's where we should concentrate most of our funds, as its limited at both the attacking & defending side of the game. Given our limited funds, I'd be looking to try & see if our youth develops in the forward areas.

I'd be content with something like this, I've tried to be realistic as possible.

-----------------------Leno--------------------

Bellerin-------Saliba------Luiz-------Tierney---
(Soares)-----(Holding)----(Mari)----(Kolasinac)

-----------------Partey-----Tolisso--------------
----------------(Gueye)----(Guendouzi)-------

---Pepe-----------Martinelli----------Saka-----
(Nelson)------------(Özil)-----------(Fraser)

---------------------Aubameyang----------------
-----------------------(Lacazette)----------------

IN
Mari £5M
Partey £45M
Tolisso £25M
Gueye £10M
Fraser Free

OUT
Sokratis £5M
Mustafi £10M
Maitland-Niles £10M
Xhaka - £25M
Torreira - £30M
Mkhitaryan - £10M

Something like that would be the bare minimum I would hope for with limited funds. That's with no Net Spend, if we could afford another signing then go big on a central defender.

That's of course with caveat that Aubameyang (& Lacazette) are willing to stay.

It's certainly no world beaters, but midfield is our major problem, & I think a Partey / Tolisso midfield with Gueye involved has more power, athleticism & less of the shortcomings than what we have currently.

I like Torreira but I think he wants to go back to Italy. As for Xhaka, I don't think Arteta will sell him but again we need something different in there, so the time is right for him to go.

As for the forward areas, in an ideal world we add 1 player of real quality here, but I'm trying to be realistic with limited funds, & it's the 1 area we have at least some talanted youngsters.

I think Martinelli has the attributes to play more central. He might not have the playmaking ability of Özil, but he has more work rate, more dynamism & more goals in his game. It would also give Saka, Pepe & Nelson another season to see how they develop in the wide positions, with Fraser coming in as a cheap solid squad option.

Obviously if Auba leaves we need a replacement, as I wouldn't want Lacazette as my main striker.

We also have the likes of Chambers (coming back from ACL) , Mavropanos, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah where we can decide whether to keep for league cup games etc or send out on loan.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
Leno

Bellerín - Luiz - x - Tierney

x - Xhaka

x

Pépé - x - Martinelli
Squad:
  • Martinez
  • x
  • Saliba
  • Holding
  • Chambers
  • Guendouzi
  • x
  • Maitland-Niles
  • Özil
  • Willock
  • Smith-Rowe
  • Nelson
  • Saka
  • Nketiah
Signings:
  • Cédric for back up full-back (free)
  • Gabriel, Pau Torres or Upamecano for starting centre-back (>£40m)
  • Partey or Camara for a starting defensive midfielder (>£45m or part exchange)
  • Gueye for a defensive midfield prospect in midfield (>£10m)
  • Coutinho for starting no. 10 (loan)
  • Raúl Jiménez for starting striker to replace Aubameyang and Lacazette (>35million)
Sales:
  • Mustafi (loan)
  • Özil (loan)
  • Mavropanos (loan)
  • Sokratis
  • Kolasinac
  • Torreira
  • Elneny
  • Mkhitaryan
  • Lacazette
  • Aubameyang

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Out: Lacazette, Sokratis, Chambers, Kolasinac, Guendouzi (loan)

In: Lemar, Fraser, Aranguiz, Luis Alberto, B2B

Leno
Bellerin Saliba Mari Tierney
Aranguiz B2B
Pepe Alberto Lemar
Auba

+ 2 Gks - D. Luiz, Mustafi, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Saka - Torreira, Xhaka, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Özil - Nelson, Fraser - Martinelli, Nketiah

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd actually have Aouar over Özil as a wish but let's be honest if by some miracle we did get all three of Partey, Upamecano and Edouard, we're not signing anyone else. Not that we'll get all three anyways. Heck Upamecano is probably really far-fetched now that the serious clubs are interested. Partey hard to see because of his price (I mean it's not that expensive for ambitious sides but this is Arsenal).

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Partey, Grealish and one of Pau Torres or Upamecano.

This that's attainable, when you look at the rumours with player swaps etc that to me could be possible and we'd restore alot of balance imo.

Don't lose Auba.

Top Bottom