• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd be happy with that - not like any other striker we bring in gets us the goals that Auba does right away, but why the **** would Madrid want Lacazette? :lol::lol:
If we do end up convincing Aubameyang to stay obviously I'd be happy with that aswell but I can't see that happening, Madrid would be after someone better then Laca I'd say.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I could see us selling him for £15m up front and £10m in various addons...

This will not end well.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would be a nice ending to see him join an elite club like Madrid. Think he deserves it.

We should probably push for money. Unless we really sort out the rest of attack / midfield Jovic could be a mess. Maybe Ødegaard becomes available if they are trying to raise funds for a Neymar / Mbappe as well.

say yes

forum master baiter
Hard to be too happy about any deal to sell Auba given that he’s a proven goalscorer and there’s always a chance his replacement will flop.

However, Jovic & cash is an offer which passes the ‘looks good on paper’ test. He has the potential to be a complete modern forward, and could foreseeably replace both Auba and Laca in our squad, creating room for Martinelli to start on the left and freeing up funds for us to focus on our midfield and defence.

Shalmaneser V

A bit of cash+Jovic for Auba would do rather nicely.

Jovic will need the service though. He won’t have much luck with Xhaka, Guendouzi, Pepe and Willock still here trying to pull the strings.

Vital we bring in some creatively this summer.

Underhill

Wait, when people say Jovic + cash, you mean we will pay the cash, right? Auba is not worth more than ~40m in his last year of contract in this awful chaotic mess.

LG10

Tired of taking Madrid’s trash, rarely works. Give us 50 M for auba and we’ll buy jovic separately if we want him

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Tired of taking Madrid’s trash, rarely works. Give us 50 M for auba and we’ll buy jovic separately if we want him
Taking their trash?
Ceballos on loan, and Özil on a market-wise good deal is taking their trash? :lol: (I realize this might open up for stupid comments re. Özil..)

And regarding Jovic he seems to have barely had a chance for Madrid this season avg. 26 min per league game. He's young, has been at the club roughly half a season, settling in is tough.

They'd likely command a fee close to what they paid for Jovic in summer if we were to approach them for him directly (54M pounds according to Transfermarkt). So if - big if I imagine - we can get Jovic + cash for Auba with 1-year left I'd say that could be shrewd business - clubs are sometimes more willing to lower their demands when there's collateral as such.

Get Auba away from league rivals + get an exciting young striker in who was on a lot of people's lips last year and some cash.

Auba is crazy good, but would we rather he doesn't extend and we lose him to c*nts like Man Utd or such?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Jovic was phenomenal last season at Frankfurt. So was Haller, and Rebic who is really starting to shine for AC Milan. Hm.

LG10

Taking their trash?
Ceballos on loan, and Özil on a market-wise good deal is taking their trash? :lol: (I realize this might open up for stupid comments re. Özil..)

And regarding Jovic he seems to have barely had a chance for Madrid this season avg. 26 min per league game. He's young, has been at the club roughly half a season, settling in is tough.

They'd likely command a fee close to what they paid for Jovic in summer if we were to approach them for him directly (54M pounds according to Transfermarkt). So if - big if I imagine - we can get Jovic + cash for Auba with 1-year left I'd say that could be shrewd business - clubs are sometimes more willing to lower their demands when there's collateral as such.

Get Auba away from league rivals + get an exciting young striker in who was on a lot of people's lips last year and some cash.

Auba is crazy good, but would we rather he doesn't extend and we lose him to c*nts like Man Utd or such?
Glad we got Özil despite the damage he is causing now, ceballos is a dud, jovic is ok but wouldn’t be my number one choice. He’s had one good season in a weak league, there’s little guarantee he’ll come here after flopping so badly and just start banging in goals in a stronger league.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Glad we got Özil despite the damage he is causing now, ceballos is a dud, jovic is ok but wouldn’t be my number one choice. He’s had one good season in a weak league, there’s little guarantee he’ll come here after flopping so badly and just start banging in goals in a stronger league.
No matter if you rate Ceballos or not we haven't taken their trash, and by potentially taking Jovic we wouldn't be either.

The Bundesliga is not a weak league.

Flopping hard after 6 months of not being given a continuous go?

Look at this:

b7f6bec455caa0180ba3e83d3569df2b.png

Not saying he'd potentially come here and rip up the league, but you're having a few hot takes.

LG10

No matter if you rate Ceballos or not we haven't taken their trash, and by potentially taking Jovic we wouldn't be either.

The Bundesliga is not a weak league.

Flopping hard after 6 months of not being given a continuous go?

Look at this:

b7f6bec455caa0180ba3e83d3569df2b.png

Not saying he'd potentially come here and rip up the league, but you're having a few hot takes.
Bundesliga is undoubtedly a lower standard than the top leagues now. Very open league which gives goal scorers inflated returns. Nelson went there and banged in goals with minute playing time, came back here and has looked like a lost kid at times. Look if you want jovic that’s fine, showing me figures of how little he’s played doesn’t strengthen any argument you were trying to make. I’d be underwhelmed with Jovic and would rather sign someone coming off the back of a successful season who is on an upward trajectory.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bundesliga is undoubtedly a lower standard than the top leagues now. Very open league which gives goal scorers inflated returns. Nelson went there and banged in goals with minute playing time, came back here and has looked like a lost kid at times. Look if you want jovic that’s fine, showing me figures of how little he’s played doesn’t strengthen any argument you were trying to make. I’d be underwhelmed with Jovic and would rather sign someone coming off the back of a successful season who is on an upward trajectory.

Good point actually. Bundesliga is a fun league to watch, but it does seem to have inflated goal and assist tallies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Would love a scenario where we get Jovic and sign Milinkovic Savic in exhange for Auba to real while Laca is sold to Atleti.

If not and Real are seriously interested would love a direct swap of fullbacks- Odriozola/Hakimi and Regulion+Vinicius or Rodrygo on a 2 year loan.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom