• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think according to some players when they join us still say & consider us a bigger club in the world. We still have a fair bit of fame around the world with players I'd say. I've got a feeling Arteta knows we aren't as big as we use to be & he wants us to sign these players so we can get back up there. Look at the current players linked to us, a lot bigger then we targeted under Emery I'd say. Manchester United are probably in the same situation as us I'd say aswell though.

No doubt. If we can keep Aubameyang and make marquee signings like Partey our stock goes up incrementally with each big action that proceeds.

We have a huge stadium, are a London based club and can afford to pay a player 350k a week. Add that to having spent 72m on Pepe and having some of the most talented youngsters in football and I can see it.

Atletico have won a league title, a European trophy and been to 2 CL finals in the last 5 years. They have one of the world's best coaches and could win the Champions League this year. As mentioned previously they spent 100m on Felix and managed to keep their star players bar Rodri. From Atletico as they currently stand, I'd oy see Barca, Real (difficult move), Juve, PSG, City and Bayern as definite steps up for a player financially and prospect wise. You could make a case for Liverpool now.

United are a monstrous club sadly. They have a huge fanbase, players like Pogba, DeGea and rate him or not Maguire. Offer huge wages and splash big on players. Another ball park to us I reckon.

truth_hurts

United can say to a Jaydon Sancho 'Come and join our charge towards challenging for the title. We have Pogba and DeGea here, who are world stars. We have invested in Maguire, AWB and Fernandes in the last 12 months. We will pay you 200k a week and can line you up with your international team mate Rashford. We'll sort your agent out an Oh and we know you've lived in Manchester before.'

We can't compete with that.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

No doubt. If we can keep Aubameyang and make marquee signings like Partey our stock goes up incrementally with each big action that proceeds.

We have a huge stadium, are a London based club and can afford to pay a player 350k a week. Add that to having spent 72m on Pepe and having some of the most talented youngsters in football and I can see it.

Atletico have won a league title, a European trophy and been to 2 CL finals in the last 5 years. They have one of the world's best coaches and could win the Champions League this year. As mentioned previously they spent 100m on Felix and managed to keep their star players bar Rodri. From Atletico as they currently stand, I'd oy see Barca, Real (difficult move), Juve, PSG, City and Bayern as definite steps up for a player financially and prospect wise. You could make a case for Liverpool now.

United are a monstrous club sadly. They have a huge fanbase, players like Pogba, DeGea and rate him or not Maguire. Offer huge wages and splash big on players. Another ball park to us I reckon.
The amount of CL capable teams all over the world are rising & rising all over the world which doesn't help us unfortunately. It use to be just the top PL clubs, a few top La Liga clubs, a few Bundesliga, Italian & a few French clubs, think you know which ones, there are many more in those leagues plus other leagues all around the world.

Players from those leagues though still dream of playing for us & the prospect of playing in the top league in the world, living in London & England is attractive aswell. Thats what probably puts us still slightly ahead to some players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In the 2000s we were one of the most attractive teams to play for in the world, in the 2010s our rep took a hit due to not winning more in that decade but with Arsène we still had pulling power.

In the 2020s...with the state we are in regarding our standing in the league, the money we can offer for transfers/wages compared to other teams, etc...I just don't see what we offer to top players now...

"Are you guys challenging for the league...no, but remember when we went unbeaten in 2004"

"Are you guys in the Champions League...no, but remember Thierry Henry's amazing solo goal in Madrid during our run to the final in 2006"

"Can you guys offer me fantastic wages...no, but we can give you a chance to win an Emirates Cup"

We have a fantastic list of honours and are a truly historic club, but with each passing season we get further away from that...players care about what you can do in the future, not how great you were in the past.

Think people are just setting themselves up for disappointment regarding this transfer.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd say if we offered Partey the same wages as Atletico are going to offer him he'd still jump at the chance to join us & get us back up, may even convince Auba to stay in saying that if he can tell Arteta is making the efforts.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

In saying all this though, I understand clubs will talk to players & their agents all season long & hold "secret talks", "secret deals with players" but are the clubs actually allowed to bid for the players to their current clubs when the window isn't actually open?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I can see this going the same way as Vardy. We can't guarantee Patery first team football over our current good players so he gets spooked and stays with A.Madrid.

With Torrieira, Guendouzi, Xhaka and hopefully Ceballos we don't need another CM.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
United can say to a Jaydon Sancho 'Come and join our charge towards challenging for the title. We have Pogba and DeGea here, who are world stars. We have invested in Maguire, AWB and Fernandes in the last 12 months. We will pay you 200k a week and can line you up with your international team mate Rashford. We'll sort your agent out an Oh and we know you've lived in Manchester before.'

Wrong. I must have had a stroke and been in a coma because all of a sudden United are now the Harlem Globetrotters of world football.

:lol::lol:

The list of terrible opinions here beggars belief at times.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I can see this going the same way as Vardy. We can't guarantee Patery first team football over our current good players so he gets spooked and stays with A.Madrid.

With Torrieira, Guendouzi, Xhaka and hopefully Ceballos we don't need another CM.
I'd still give anything to get Partey here, sell Xhaka or Torreira. I doubt Ceballos will stay next year either.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd say if we offered Partey the same wages as Atletico are going to offer him he'd still jump at the chance to join us & get us back up, may even convince Auba to stay in saying that if he can tell Arteta is making the efforts.

What makes you so sure he would "jump at the chance"?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

What makes you so sure he would "jump at the chance"?
I didn't mean it like that, thats why things on forums often get taken the wrong way unfortunately. He'd probably know the chance to play in the PL won't happen again for a bit so he might want to give it a shot. Sorry if I worded it that badly mate.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I didn't mean it like that, thats why things on forums often get taken the wrong way unfortunately. He'd probably know the chance to play in the PL won't happen again for a bit so he might want to give it a shot. Sorry if I worded it that badly mate.

No need to apologise mate, I was genuinely curious and could have missed something.

I hope we are able to convince him to come over because these are the types of players that would start moving us to the level we should be at. As for getting them... well Im not so confident we can attract these types of names anymore, not unless we throw the financial book at them.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

No need to apologise mate, I was genuinely curious and could have missed something.

I hope we are able to convince him to come over because these are the types of players that would start moving us to the level we should be at. As for getting them... well Im not so confident we can attract these types of names anymore, not unless we throw the financial book at them.
No worries thanks mate, I've always just preferred to clear things up sometimes haha. Anyway, onto the transfer, yes I'd kill to get him but I think these are clear indications Mikel is aware of that hence why he is aiming for these players now compared to when Emery was in charge. It all has to start from somewhere so the more of these players we get, all the more likely we'll get up there again. Hopefully Partey will be the first of this group of players again.

Malky

Established Member
Refuse to get my hopes up about signing him, we'll come up against clubs with far bigger budgets than ours.
That said, if we pulled it off, along with keeping Auba, then that's already an incredible transfer window before we even start binning the deadwood.

Impact

Established Member

Is this a serious comment? Partey is better than all of these players with a clear margin at that.

Come on bru United are as much of a joke as we are, besides Fernandes and Pogba all the players you listed are nothing to right home about. I must missed have missed the memo but when did United become good again?

truth_hurts

Wrong. I must have had a stroke and been in a coma because all of a sudden United are now the Harlem Globetrotters of world football.

:lol::lol:

The list of terrible opinions here beggars belief at times.

So why do you think Bruno Fernandes has signed and Sancho about to sign you muppet? Did both choose the wrong Manchester club in error?

Clown

truth_hurts

Come on bru United are as much of a joke as we are, besides Fernandes and Pogba all the players you listed are nothing to right home about. I must missed have missed the memo but when did United become good again?

I don't think United are good mate. Their manager is a clown. They are clearly moving in the right direction though. Despite his loss of Form, DeGea is an elite keeper. AWB and Maguire are amongst the best in the league in their position although United overpaid. Pogba is amongst the best midfielders in the league, Fernandes looks class, Fred has found form, McTominay is Prem level and between Matic and Chong they have options. Their forwards options are amongst the leagues most exciting.

I think it's quite easy to sell as a project particularly with the wages that Unjted offer.

If they came in for Partey, I think he'd join.

Similar story for Chelsea wven down to the clown manager!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Is this a serious comment? Partey is better than all of these players with a clear margin at that.

Yes. I don't think so, certainly not Ceballos level who technically on a different planet to Partey. Torrieira is better in the DCM role, more defensively disciplined with better positioning and probably the best player I've seen in recent years at best avoiding the press after Paredes.

Partey is the new Koulabaly and Upamecano going from being very underrated to very ovverrated due to how often he is linked with PL clubs in lazy journalism BS.

truth_hurts

Really mitch? I don't watch loads of Atletico but when I have last season Partey stood out at full back and cm and this season at cm.

He's brilliant from the small sample I've saw. His price should be almost double the 45m his release clause allegedly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom