• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm just looking at our points table.

We should not be paying him like a Messi or Ronaldo. He is 31 years old. I would retain him for what we are paying on a 3 year contract. If he is not happy, sell him him.

Will he still score the goals at 34 years old? He is our best veteran player...but we can't be foolish like before. Let's be a Champions League club first.
We're not paying him like Messi. If he decides to renew, I doubt the club will make the same mistake twice of throwing stupid money at him like they did with Özil. So I guess they give him a raise but not not that ridiculously high. That's what I think

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If there is one player that has directly impacted on our league position positively this year, it is Aubameyang.

At a push, Leno could be in the conversation as well.

Aubameyang's goals can't be replaced for less than 100m.
Unfortunately he's off and (this is the Arsenal) probably on the cheap too. We may not get more than £30 million for him, just about enough to bring back Lucas Perez.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Unfortunately he's off and (this is the Arsenal) probably on the cheap too. We may not get more than £30 million for him, just about enough to bring back Lucas Perez.

Another Spaniard for Arteta to do the Macarena with. I don't think we'd bother selling for 30m to be honest.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Another Spaniard for Arteta to do the Macarena with. I don't think we'd bother selling for 30m to be honest.
That's what I would have thought but we have previous. We offered him at £50 million and no-one took the bait. Unless we can somehow create a bidding war the other clubs will hold back until January and save their money to tempt him a with a stupid salary rather than pay us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
That's what I would have thought but we have previous. We offered him at £50 million and no-one took the bait. Unless we can somehow create a bidding war the other clubs will hold back until January and save their money to tempt him a with a stupid salary rather than pay us.

I wouldn't even be that upset to lose him on a free to be honest.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
EWZIwIEWAAIE0r4

Kav

Established Member
I hope not, that would be like the RVP sale to Man U all over again, losing a world class striker for very little. Those are the decisions that hurt the club and why we can't seem to progress. We generally don't do well with player sales.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not sure where the goals come from if he's not around. Martinelli has huge potential but we don't get many goals from midfield.

nas7232

It's not worth selling PEA. There isnt a replacement we can buy/convince to play for arsenal of the same calibre. I'd use him to try and stay in Europe. If league is cancelled for covid then that use will be less and if that means no european place then I doubt we will be able to sign most decent players especially with huge wage bill

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t sell him but I wouldn’t extend him either.

We need to learn our lesson and stop giving players over 30 bumper extensions. He’ll be 32 next summer, how many more years at the top does he realistically have after that?

I can see us paying 300k a week for a washed Auba when he’s 35 or some sh*t.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He can go or stay. I'm pretty sure in either situation we will be fine. Our problem is midfield. Sort it out and we will create chances.

Martinelli, Pepe, Saka, Nkeitah, ERS, Nelson. Who knows maybe some of them kick on and become world class.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’d extend on a 3 year deal tbh.
But he would probably expect longer.
From what I have seen throughout his career and the professionalism he has shown here, I would do it. I wouldn’t let Özil haunt us.

Plus it’s 2020, sport science and PEDs have come a long way I’m convinced he’s got a few years in him yet.

He’s got the captain curse though, he’s out of here and we know it. Just a matter of when.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We're rumoured to have broken off talks and Inter are leading the race as they look like losing Lautaro Martinez to Barca. If Madrid don't want him, I'd hope he'd consider staying.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’d extend on a 3 year deal tbh.
But he would probably expect longer.
From what I have seen throughout his career and the professionalism he has shown here, I would do it. I wouldn’t let Özil haunt us.

Plus it’s 2020, sport science and PEDs have come a long way I’m convinced he’s got a few years in him yet.

He’s got the captain curse though, he’s out of here and we know it. Just a matter of when.

Aside from very rare cases like Messi and Ronaldo the vast majority of top footballers start declining after 30.

A 35 year old Aubameyang on 300k could be a disaster for us down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom