• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We'll sign this guy provided we show the ambition of a serious club. I'm confident of that. Only thing that'll stop us is if City or PSG decide they want him instead.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We sign Partey, I'll buy an Arteta t-shirt. We fail to sign Partey and I'm bringing a banner to The next Arsenal game at The Emirates.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

The process of completing the signings are up to our board though aren't they, only Artetas job to work out the wages & all the player business with the player & his agent isn't it? The boards job to work out the transfer business with his current club?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta and Emery before that did none of the above. They solely responsible for what happens on the training ground and the pitch.

I believe they do/did have the final say so of who walks in through our doors. I am sure they are able to suggest players too. However, the vibe I get from various media sources is Arsenal head coaches have to ideally work with what they got.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Going off tangent a bit here but.... Brexit transition ends in January so our bargaining position for recruiting from the EU isn’t good. I expect in short term more transfers will happen between Spain and Italy again like the 90s.

Arsenal wise we’ve recently signed players on structured deals like Pepe and Saliba (essentially deferred liabilities), contracts expiring for Auba, Laca (asset depreciation), unforeseen Emery compensation and high probability of no CL football due to poor performance.

Where do folks think this money for a €45m player will come from without an injection of outside capital? From stingey owners who rely on retail and sports income? lol.

How many fans will commit to renewing season tickets when there’s no guarantee of being able to attend public events anytime soon?

Even if we reopen but social distancing remains, we’ll have stadiums at 30% capacity. That means %70 loss on matchday revenue.

Advertisers are getting smashed, as are airlines including our main sponsor. How many will be forced to downsize commercial contracts next season?

Footballers are about to be the new dot com companies. Wildly overvalued before getting slapped by the reality of an irrational, unpredictable market.

I’ll be glad if I’m proved wrong.

DOUBLE-YOU

Going off tangent a bit here but.... Brexit transition ends in January so our bargaining position for recruiting from the EU isn’t good. I expect in short term more transfers will happen between Spain and Italy again like the 90s.

Arsenal wise we’ve recently signed players on structured deals like Pepe and Saliba (essentially deferred liabilities), contracts expiring for Auba, Laca (asset depreciation), unforeseen Emery compensation and high probability of no CL football due to poor performance.

Where do folks think this money for a €45m player will come from without an injection of outside capital? From stingey owners who rely on retail and sports income? lol.

How many fans will commit to renewing season tickets when there’s no guarantee of being able to attend public events anytime soon?

Even if we reopen but social distancing remains, we’ll have stadiums at 30% capacity. That means %70 loss on matchday revenue.

Advertisers are getting smashed, as are airlines including our main sponsor. How many will be forced to downsize commercial contracts next season?

Footballers are about to be the new dot com companies. Wildly overvalued before getting slapped by the reality of an irrational, unpredictable market.

I’ll be glad if I’m proved wrong.

Excellent post.

It's like no one realises the situation we are in. 28 pages of conjecture.

Furthermore, how can Arsenal pay money for anyone after asking players to take a pay cut?

Fantastic post

OSBK

Established Member
I would be very happy with this guy. I would however stress that xhaka and torrira are not needed if we get him. We desparately need goals from midfield, partey is just one piece of that jigsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom