• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,985

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
That doesn't mean we should have him though. If he leaves Chelsea, they won't lose a tear over it. That's not the kind of player we should signing.

We might as well take Pedro and Drink water off their hands.

Willian is very popular with Chelsea fans and other players, hence 2 x player of the year.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If we sign Willian he’ll be 32 at the start of the season. Probably has one good year left in him before he starts to decline. We’d probably offer him a two year deal so he’d likely be a backup after next season but where does he play if we sign him? I want Saka to get those minutes on the LW and Martinelli will need to play there quite a bit as well if we still have Auba or Lacazette.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Willian is very popular with Chelsea fans and other players, hence 2 x player of the year.
He won those awards because the fans like him.

I don feel Willian is overrated. His best season has been when Chelsea underperformed. The fans loved his energy not his quality.

I'd do a hard pass though. His biggest quality is his Explosiveness and intensity. These are attributes that diminish with age. It's not like he's still a spring chicken. We should steer clear of him. Even if he's free.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

If we sign Willian he’ll be 32 at the start of the season. Probably has one good year left in him before he starts to decline. We’d probably offer him a two year deal so he’d likely be a backup after next season but where does he play if we sign him? I want Saka to get those minutes on the LW and Martinelli will need to play there quite a bit as well if we still have Auba or Lacazette.
It's still a bad signing. We can't be filling the squad with Mkhitaryan-like signings, players that are over the hill that are looking for their last big contract.

It's not a good look for us that we're taking over-the-hill players from our rivals

field442

Trusted ⭐
It's still a bad signing. We can't be filling the squad with Mkhitaryan-like signings, players that are over the hill that are looking for their last big contract.

It's not a good look for us that we're taking over-the-hill players from our rivals

Not really the same as Mkhitaryan though. Willian has proven himself in the league and is still performing at a decent level. Mkhitaryan did **** all at Utd. Chelsea also wanted to keep him so it wouldn’t be like we’re sweeping up their rejects.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Not really the same as Mkhitaryan though. Willian has proven himself in the league and is still performing at a decent level. Mkhitaryan did **** all at Utd. Chelsea also wanted to keep him so it wouldn’t be like we’re sweeping up their rejects.
Chelsea are only willing to give him a one year extension.
While if we signed him, it will probably be a 3 year deal.

That's pathetic. It's not like he's a Ronaldo or an Ibra.

He's best days are behind him. I'd rather Nelson or Saka take that spot.

Hell, I'd prefer we keep Auba there than sign a past it Willian.
We shouldn't be filling out squad with players in their 30s or late 20s. I guess that's what happens when you allow an external party like Kia to have a say in the players that we sign.

We just have to look the state he left Corinthians in when he was still involved with them

We shouldn't be filling out squad with players in their 30s or late 20s. I guess that's what happens when you allow an external party like Kia to have a say in the players that we sign.

We just have to look the state he left Corinthians in when he was still involved with them

It's so weird that it's the same people who see huge problems how Özil and Mkhitaryan influence our wage structure. Yet they are championing us signing the player who is most likely starting to decline on 200k contract until he is 35.

field442

Trusted ⭐

They offered him two years and he wants three. Maybe Edu’s links to Kia sees him accept a 2+1 option, who knows. Also a bit harsh to say his best days are behind him. Currently 9th for chances created in the league this season and last season he was in the top 10 in europe. In short, he creates more chances per game than anyone in our squad. You could play him in Özil’s position and get more out of him for a 1/3 of the wages.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Would love him here.

Smart player , can play across midfield, always fit & puts up 10 G/As every season in the league.

Give the group of young players a solid pro to beat out.
Agreed.

Get Özil out and we’d easily be able to entice Partey with much higher wages than AM can offer (swapping Laca so no outlay in transfer fees) while also paying for Willian and the team looks better on paper and the pair of them would take home less than Mesut.

————Partey/Xhaka--Torreira/Guendouzi
———————-Willian/ESR——
———-Pepe/Nelson——-Saka/Martinelli
——————--PEA/Nketiah

Feel we’d play some very good, direct, attacking football with that line up under Arteta. Also as you said it be good for the youngsters, Martinelli specifically, to learn from a PL proven player who gives 100% each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom