• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Safe Standing In Football

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Standing during games can increase vocality and activity in fan groups immensively from my experience.

As a Brøndby fan myself, having been at Sydsiden (the vocal part of Brøndby Stadion and a Danish light-version of the Yellow Wall in Dortmund) it's a completely different feeling. There's no seats on Sydsiden except for during European games (regulations), and it makes people come closer together and create more of a 'union' feeling.

I was there for that game ^ but sadly not on Sydsiden.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I know there's a lot of history behind why this hasn't been allowed in England, but surely this could increase stadium life in England?

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I never really saw the appeal in this, guess it can improve atmospheres in stadiums but that can be accomplished in the same way by sitting really...if I am standing up, I like to be moving around, not just being still in one place.

Standing in one place clustered with loads of other people around you, with no real space to move for over 90 minutes sounds terrible to me...at least with sitting you have your own seat.

To each their own though, hope this happens for people who like it!

For commercial clubs, the sole purpose of a match-day experience isn't to just get a louder fan-base.

A good matchday experience varies for different peoples needs, some people want to go specifically to the most vocal section, others want a family-friendly experience where they know a section is typically better suited to take their 5 year old kid to their first game, and those well-off may only want to go to games where they can get a private box.

I look at this as an extra method to generate revenue from the more vocal fans. We do have a singing section that has proven to be a success that was newly introduced and I know for sure there's a market for the standing section.

I speak as someone that as a teenager worked at Old Trafford, trying to earn tips in executive boxes, and funnily enough, many non United fans would regularly go just for the VIP experience or for business reasons of meeting new clients and barely even watching the games.

@Juan Matas Beard United fans must be happy with this?

If I'm honest, as I mentioned above it's just a way to generate profit. I'm sure the vocal match-day fans will be happy though.

1 other person

@Heskey Every Brøndby fan I know is also a Liverpool fan, I guess due to the Daniel Agger connection. Just out of curiosity, how did you come to support Arsenal?

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
@Heskey Every Brøndby fan I know is also a Liverpool fan, I guess due to the Daniel Agger connection. Just out of curiosity, how did you come to support Arsenal?
Hey @1 other person, cheers for the question!

Tbh. Arsenal was a fairly unlikely choice despite the John 'Faxe' Jensen connection.

My dad, a Brøndby and Man United fan (Peter Schmeichel connection), showed me several United games with the hopes the same affinity would come as with Brøndby. Would've been an obvious choice.

He also recommended Liverpool due to the Agger connection you mention, and he respected Arsenal and Arsène for our play style and had he not been a United fan he'd likely have been Arsenal too.

And also my uncle supports Sp*rs, and my granddad supported Chelsea so

I, however, had received an Arsenal crest pennant when I was very little, and for some reason I had quickly gotten some connection to the club, and when we got some more TV-channels around 2008-2010 I started seeing Arsenal and then fell for the play style that Wenger nurtured.

The vast amount of Brøndby/Liverpool is to a large degree due to the similarity of the clubs and fans. Workers club, workers town, known for physical play and high work rate. Most succesful +15-20 years ago.
Fans being a big part of stadium experience. So I suppose that more than Agger would be the cause for this, although Agger definitely impacted the newer generations.

Question back, though - how many Brøndby fans do you know?

1 other person

@Heskey Too many! I grew up 5 minutes from Parken, and everyone in my family is F.C. København fans, but I moved to Herlev when I was around 7, which is sort of the border between the two clubs, so everyone were either fck or bif.
Although I'm not very invested in watching the Superliga these days, and in danger of rubbing you the wrong way, I'm still an incarnated fck fan.
But it's funny how people choose their allegiance. I was very close with my cousin growing up (10 years older than me), and he and his father were both vivid Man U fans. But I had a friend that turned me onto Arsenal in the 2004-2005 season, before my family could get a hold of me in regards to the EPL, and naturally that was it for me. Me and my cousin goes to the FCK games often, and then go drinking and fight vigorously over who's in a bigger mess between Manure and Arsenal afterwards.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
@Heskey Too many! I grew up 5 minutes from Parken, and everyone in my family is F.C. København fans, but I moved to Herlev when I was around 7, which is sort of the border between the two clubs, so everyone were either fck or bif.
Although I'm not very invested in watching the Superliga these days, and in danger of rubbing you the wrong way, I'm still an incarnated fck fan.
But it's funny how people choose their allegiance. I was very close with my cousin growing up (10 years older than me), and he and his father were both vivid Man U fans. But I had a friend that turned me onto Arsenal in the 2004-2005 season, before my family could get a hold of me in regards to the EPL, and naturally that was it for me. Me and my cousin goes to the FCK games often, and then go drinking and fight vigorously over who's in a bigger mess between Manure and Arsenal afterwards.
Had missed your reply!

Now, reading your message, I'm saddened.. fck.. :(
At least I honestly think it's better than fcm these days - they're so annoying in their desperate pursuit to claim they're as relevant as fck and Brøndby. Brøndby, not having won more than 2 cups since 04-05 (****, that's depressing) and dropping the title to fcm in 17-18, words don't even begin to describe the pain I felt after the last minute against Horsens.. And yet, they're less significant than both of the Copenhagen clubs. I love it. Superligaen is returning at the end of May as well in case you missed it somehow. Should be good to get some Danish ball again albeit with no fans present (I live in Ireland anyways so I wouldn't have been able to go regardless.)

Are you arguing against your own clubs like true fans or with your own club? :D

Top Bottom