• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our best midfielder in the past decade?

Who's our Best midfielder of the last decade?

• Arteta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coquelin

• Wilshere

• Xhaka

• Rosicky

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musoke

This is just gonna be another Cesc thread.

I preferred Cazorla personality and style wise but it’s undoubtedly Cesc sorry.
Cesc was just amazing.
I used to love the football we played during the CESC era.
Even if we did not win anything, the beautiful football kept me hooked.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cesc was just amazing.
I used to love the football we played during the CESC era.
Even if we did not win anything, the beautiful football kept me hooked.
Not everyone will agree with me, but I do believe that a if 20 year old Cesc plays in this era, he'll be the best midfielder in the world.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Özil without a doubt.

His arrival immediately got us our first trophy in years when supposed superstars got us failures like the Birmingham final in the last decade. And then we went on to win 2 more trophies after that under him.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Özil without a doubt.

His arrival immediately got us our first trophy in years when supposed superstars got us failures like the Birmingham final in the last decade. And then we went on to win 2 more trophies after that under him.
Özil's contribution to our FA cup wins was minimal at best

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Özil's contribution to our FA cup wins was minimal at best
Disagree, we started winning them just when Özil signed and not before. Özil’s play style helped the team massively, gets everyone more involved which results in more wins.

Also he almost broke the Premier League assist record held by Henry despite having Giroud as our main striker. Unbelievable really.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Okay.

Tell me, which of the games in those FA cups runs we wouldn't have won without Özil?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Okay.

Tell me, which of the games in those FA cups runs we wouldn't have won without Özil?
I don’t know how you can prove which games we could have or couldn’t have won without Özil or any other player?

We can only look at the contribution he actually did. His performance against Liverpool in 2013-14 was majestic as was his performance against Man Utd in 2014-15. Not to forget the final against Chelsea.

Someone like Cesc Fabregas never gave us these moments in the last decade or the one before that, in fact I equate Fabregas’ time here more with misery which is why Özil or Ramsey were my choices but ultimately Özil between them.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
How TF is cazorla overrated? If anything, he's massively underrated.

A finished 35 year old cazorla walks into this team.
Better than Özil for sure

If Özil had 8 goals and 6 assist this season, most people on here would be wanking him off
I said by a few people. Why are you bringing up özil as comparison? The guy has been mediocre at best for years.

Cazorla is a good player. People here say he is up there with iniesta :lol:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

At the age of 35, after a career threatening injury, he got 8 goals and 6 assists in 24 games in La Liga. Clearly doing better than the midfield trash that we have. How is Cazorla overrated?
Comparing him to our worst midfield ever is not really giving him any compliments. Not saying he isnt a good player, he is great. It's just that I don't think he's as good as people make him out to be.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Comparing him to our worst midfield ever is not really giving him any compliments. Not saying he isnt a good player, he is great. It's just that I don't think he's as good as people make him out to be.
Even if we don't compare with our players, 8 goals and 6 assists from 24 games at the age of 35 still stand to prove his worth. People here call him just that. He is great. I don't see anyone overstating his abilities or comparing him with any player better than him.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Even if we don't compare with our players, 8 goals and 6 assists from 24 games at the age of 35 still stand to prove his worth. People here call him just that. He is great. I don't see anyone overstating his abilities or comparing him with any player better than him.
He got compared to xavi/iniesta like two pages ago.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

By any metric, 8 goals and 6 assist in 24 games is incredible for a CM

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I don’t know how you can prove which games we could have or couldn’t have won without Özil or any other player?

We can only look at the contribution he actually did. His performance against Liverpool in 2013-14 was majestic as was his performance against Man Utd in 2014-15. Not to forget the final against Chelsea.

He was decent in the Liverpool game nothing more.

Mert was better than him in that game.

That final against Chelsea was a team performance. O can name plenty players that was better than him in those games.

Özil didn't win us a single game in those FA cup games. Ramsey, Cazorla, Alexis, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Walcott were all better in those runs

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He was decent in the Liverpool game nothing more.

Mert was better than him in that game.

That final against Chelsea was a team performance. O can name plenty players that was better than him in those games.

Özil didn't win us a single game in those FA cup games. Ramsey, Cazorla, Alexis, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Walcott were all better in those runs
Forgot to mention the 13/14 final where he was brilliant!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Forgot to mention the 13/14 final where he was brilliant!

Thought he was quite average in that final myself, he was excellent in the finals in 2015 and 2017 though.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Thought he was quite average in that final myself, he was excellent in the finals in 2015 and 2017 though.
Disagree, look at the combination between Ramsey and Özil in that game. But I agree that he was better in the two other finals, but imo doesn’t diminish the other one.

Another great performance was one against Everton in the same season. Quite laughable to think he didn’t make great contributions to our FA Cup wins.

musoke

Not everyone will agree with me, but I do believe that a if 20 year old Cesc plays in this era, he'll be the best midfielder in the world.
The best midfielder we have had since the invincibles.
The way he kept the team together. He just made everyone play better.
When Cesc, Rosicky, Hleb or Nasri and even young Wilshere played together in the same team. My flipping hell. One touch, pass and move triangles. Nearly all the goals we scored back then were amazing.
I l always felt like we would score or create many chances. Problems always arose against very well drilled teams that bullied us. We would create and dominate possession but then the likes of the Top clubs would just hit us on the counter, score and then close shop.
But during the Cesc era i never felt like we would be hammered. I just always felt confident going into most matches even if I knew we were very capable of letting our softie mentality take over.:lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom