• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I'm only saying having Lewa this season won't have made any tangible difference to our point tally because therest of the team is ****e aside the kids. How many quality striker can come into this team and score the same amount of goals as Auba? Very few, I'd say.

Auba is playing for the worst arsenal team I've ever seen since I've started supporting the club. Man is putting out world class numbers and yet some still rate him Below Lukaku.

Ask any random football fans who they'd rather have in their team, Auba or Lukaku? I think we both know the answer to that question
Yeah because all the kids care about these days is pace and numbers a la Fifa.

Lukaku is a better footballer than Auba.
If we could do a straight swap and they were foolish enough to agree Id be delighted

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah because all the kids care about these days is pace and numbers a la Fifa.

Lukaku is a better footballer than Auba.
If we could do a straight swap and they were foolish enough to agree Id be delighted
Auba is not even fast. I'd argue that currently Lukaku is faster.

Utd couldn't wait to get rid of him when the opportunity came. A lot of united fans were happy when he was sold to inter.

Over here, Lukaku is like a meme

Anyway, let's agree to disagree

Reactions: roz

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
People underrate how hard it is to score regularly.. There's nothing to suggest that Martinelli can hit close to Auba's numbers atm.
Yeh people treat young players like their growth will be linear. Its really frustrating. There is no guarantee that Martinelli will step up next season.

He could match his numbers from last season and tranform that into the PL, or he could take a while until he is comfortably scoring goals. Anyone who thinks its a good idea starting the season with Martinelli/Nketiah as our only striking options are crazy, thats not how PL clubs operate.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What on Earth am I reading here? Aubameyang should get sold so people see the harsh realities that await.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It's not just the CF position. There's a dearth in quality in most position.

I think it coincided with the influx of so much money in to football.

There's a dearth in quality because football is a dying sports. Sports itself in general is dying, getting killed by Fortnite, iphone games and the likes. Which is why the talent pool of modern day football is shallow compared to what we had 10 years ago. This is something no one wants to admit but is the truth.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Auba may not look like he has fancy footwork but he gets the job done. He's scored more goals than Aguero and Salah in the last two seasons. That's with the most unimaginative mid table Arsenal side for decades, Unai Emery and Europa league football.

If he goes next season, get your parachutes out.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Auba may not look like he has fancy footwork but he gets the job done. He's scored more goals than Aguero and Salah in the last two seasons. That's with the most unimaginative mid table Arsenal side for decades, Unai Emery and Europa league football.

If he goes next season, get your parachutes out.
That's why I laugh at these nonsense talks of "Auba is limiting us"

Without him this season we'd be Newcastle-level.

I hope he's sold just so some people here can get their wish

Macho

Dusted 🔻

There's a dearth in quality because football is a dying sports. Sports itself in general is dying, getting killed by Fortnite, iphone games and the likes. Which is why the talent pool of modern day football is shallow compared to what we had 10 years ago. This is something no one wants to admit but is the truth.
I disagree, think the talent pool is better and the athletes today are at a higher level than 20 years ago for sure.

Shortages in positions is due to trends in tactics and whats done at youth level.
Teams rarely play with 2 strikers anymore, so a big lad who can hold up the ball and bring the attacking midfield and wingers in play is more valuable today than a poacher who is guaranteed 20 goals to many managers.

The best teams in the world at club and international level have proven that traditional strikers, all out defensive midfielders and top quality centre backs aren't super necessary, the current talent pool is a reflection of that.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You can’t, not with our budget and pull.

Only by accident really.

Tom349

Feels that way for most positions at the moment. Definitely a decline in World Class talent.

There is only one “must have” player in the next 10 years in Mbappe

There is more talent coming though at the moment then there has been in a long time. The issue is it is currently transitioning between the has beens and the up and comers with little in between. If you go back 10 years ago and look at the guys who should have been world class and didn't get there you could make a pretty big list. Off the top of my head guys like Wilshere, Gotze, Pato and Balotelli all showed so much promise at first but didn't get there due to injury and attitude.

Luckily this next crop seems to have no shortage of talent. France, Brazil, England and Portugal are have significantly more talented young stars coming through compared to 10 years ago. Could also add Canada, Turkey and America to those countries. Spain and Germany don't have many standout teenagers at this stage but are well stocked between 21-24.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang has scored about 45% of our PL goals. We're in deep **** if he leaves.
Someone here said he'll swap him for Lukaku ffs.

The guy has scored more goals since he came in to the league than any of the so called "elite forward" and you have people son here who want him to be sold because he "doesn't contribute to our build up play".

Why not sell him and buy benteke if you're looking for a striker with good build up play or swap him with Giroud. We had Giroud who you all say he contributes to our build up play but didn't score, but you all (myself included) slaughtered him.
Now we have a striker that guaranties us goals and you all want him sold.

I hope we sign Giroud from Chelsea just to see the meltdown on here

I laugh at people who think that when Auba leaves Martinelli and Eddie are suddenly going to turn into a 20+ goal striker.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I see what you mean for the next generation but how is fortnite or even iphone games effecting the pool of quality right now? 26-27 year olds were kids over a decade ago now. Maybe playstation though haha.

Its an interesting observation though, there were definitely more world class players when I was a kid. Either that or the players were slightly more overrated because we saw them less as well as had less stats on them to pick holes in thier game.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I see what you mean for the next generation but how is fortnite or even iphone games effecting the pool of quality right now? 26-27 year olds were kids over a decade ago now. Maybe playstation though haha.

Its an interesting observation though, there were definitely more world class players when I was a kid. Either that or the players were slightly more overrated because we saw them less as well as had less stats on them to pick holes in thier game.
Football these days lays More emphasis on tactics than quality.

Liverpool is a big example of that. Football is now more team-oriented than individual-oriented than it was over a decade or two ago

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Aubameyang has scored about 45% of our PL goals. We're in deep **** if he leaves.
If he leaves we either have to become a more creative side or share his goals amongst 2 people.

If he left and we signed a proper LW who would contribute to our overall game maybe we would create more chances than before. The issue is there is no guarantee Pepe or Laca score over 20+ goals between them in the PL next season, and even then its not enough as Auba was scoring 20+ as well as these 2 getting goals.

Im starting to think that we're going to have to keep Auba and offer him a literal **** tonne to stay, or to let him leave for free. Considering the climate right now I dont think we're gonna be getting upwards of £30m for him, I'd rather keep him for any less than that as he could be the difference between CL and no CL.

In an ideal world we'd use Laca to fix our midfield and keep Auba, but its not that simple.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think it takes more to be a WC player now than before.
More ways to poke holes, less places to hide, tracking is way more sophisticated, players are way more athletic than before so the likes of Merson or LeTissier would have no chance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom