• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If you could have one past player?

If you could have one past player who would it be?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
I feel the time where you had a captain screaming his lungs out at his teammates has passed.

It's not really on field leadership we lack. I feel we need the right personnel. You don't have Company or Silva screamingat his city teammates.

Adams would improve us for sure but Viera would elevate us to top 4 at least
Vincent Kompany was vocal at City, that was only a few years ago. Same with Terry at Chelsea. Even Henderson at Liverpool is vocal.

I think this team could actually do with a leader at the back shouting.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah but we might sign a midfielder this summer? We’re linked with Partey. Arteta got an improvement out of Xhaka too.

Don’t see any hope for the defence. In football poor defenders will always cost you.
I feel we won't sign any defender this summer. Ideally, the club goes all in for Partey. Then we use next season to assess our defense giving Saliba one more year to develop. I don't deny that our defense isn't sh!t but our biggest immediate need is in our midfield. We don't have the funds to fix both areas simultaneously.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I feel we won't sign any defender this summer. Ideally, the club goes all in for Partey. Then we use next season to assess our defense giving Saliba one more year to develop. I don't deny that our defense isn't sh!t but our biggest immediate need is in our midfield. We don't have the funds to fix both areas simultaneously.

Think we’ll sign Mari.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think we’ll sign Mari.
I mean a new addition like, say, Upamecano. We all knew sometime ago that the club will make the Mari deal permanent.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We can’t sign any player, the covid pandemic barely got started before Arsenal immediately started talking about player salary cuts. The only prem club (last I heard) to do it. How would it look if we got one or two 50m signings?

I also think Mari and that guy with the dodgy knee will be our only signings really.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Well with the results on the poll so far I think it goes to show how much everyone thinks we need our midfield to be revamped completely. Adams would have been my 2nd choice but just atm I believe a CM is more vital.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Adams would have turned back to drink if he was forced to play with our current defence....

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Could we take one of the lads from the 1940s or so, anytime someone flies in to pepe with their red card challenges that wont be penalised we could send him on in the 89th minute to break the guys leg.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
I guess Vieira because he can win the midfield alone without doubt, so with him, we can beat whatever team

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Prime Thierry. I get the allure of Vieira or Adam's but even with them there our team is still we gotta score more than the other to win. So Thierry is the obvious choice from players I've seen from that list.

Defend for 90 minutes and counter with Auba, Henry and Pepe.

Top Bottom