• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
Can't wait to see Mikel "The new Pep"/"Cornboy" Arteta getting demolished by City and Baldiola. Imagine the tears of Kroenke apologists here~

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
What has Arteta shown you that you think he’ll get found out?

The **** style of football he has delivered and the point statistics plus cup progression isn't enough for you? Can't even beat ****ing Olympiakos while ****ing Emery got us to the finals. Terrible tactically and horrible at using subs. He is worse than Emery, ****ing imagine that. I understand you have a personal hard-on for Coneboy because of his shiny hair but face the facts.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The **** style of football he has delivered and the point statistics plus cup progression isn't enough for you? Can't even beat ****ing Olympiakos while ****ing Emery got us to the finals. Terrible tactically and horrible at using subs. He is worse than Emery, ****ing imagine that. I understand you have a personal hard-on for Coneboy because of his shiny hair but face the facts.

@GDeep™

@GDeep™

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you think that players become great based on being given the opportunity at the right time? Do players who not get the right chance always end up showing their worth or is the moment lost at times?

My theory is that with in some cases players could have been great if given the right chance at the right time, but then they have to look elsewhere for their opportunity and it becomes an uphill battle hitting their potential.

More of a philosophical question but wondering what you think about that considering you watch a lot of youth players.
I absolutely believe there are many cases where the clubs themselves didn't strike while the iron was hot and players' development was stunted as a result. This is the collateral damage of having a top flight club with high aspirations - as such, there is no room for rookies whether they have the ability or not, it is always going to be a gamble.

I think of a player like Chuba Akpom for example - a player who had the acceleration, dribbling and desire to score that could have made him a decent player for us. But the club never struck when the iron was hot and as a result it never happened for him. We sent him on loans that never worked, and when we had the opportunity to give him a run at CF, we signed Sanogo instead and played him over Akpom. In hindsight, that was the beginning of the end for him. His attitude changed to one that was constantly disheartened every time he made a mistake or didn't score, a frequent occurrence when he played in the Championship. His desperation presenting itself as greed in crucial attacking moments.

Sometimes when the moment is lost, you can't always get it back - especially in a fast paced game like football. Even a talent as monumental as Reiss Nelson is now having a hard time just getting his momentum back after a couple of setbacks. It takes patience and vision in the face of chaos to be able to find the right moments to bring players through.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I was thinking of Rashford in particular actually, it’s like the stars aligned for him.

Rashford is a world class talent though, he just needed a manager who believed in young players and wasn’t a cretin like Mourinho or Moyes.

Yes it helped that van Gaal as a manager was always about giving youngsters chances but he was always going to make it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I absolutely believe there are many cases where the clubs themselves didn't strike while the iron was hot and players' development was stunted as a result. This is the collateral damage of having a top flight club with high aspirations - as such, there is no room for rookies whether they have the ability or not, it is always going to be a gamble.

I think of a player like Chuba Akpom for example - a player who had the acceleration, dribbling and desire to score that could have made him a decent player for us. But the club never struck when the iron was hot and as a result it never happened for him. We sent him on loans that never worked, and when we had the opportunity to give him a run at CF, we signed Sanogo instead and played him over Akpom. In hindsight, that was the beginning of the end for him. His attitude changed to one that was constantly disheartened every time he made a mistake or didn't score, a frequent occurrence when he played in the Championship. His desperation presenting itself as greed in crucial attacking moments.

Sometimes when the moment is lost, you can't always get it back - especially in a fast paced game like football. Even a talent as monumental as Reiss Nelson is now having a hard time just getting his momentum back after a couple of setbacks. It takes patience and vision in the face of chaos to be able to find the right moments to bring players through.
I wholeheartedly agree. The striking the iron while it’s hot thing took the words out of my mouth.

It depends on the player and all the variables involved, some players are just destined to realise their potential no matter how hard it is. But in a business which is so cut throat, a lot of players lose out from being unlucky.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Akpom has scored 19 goals in the last 6 years. The club was right to move him on.
Jesus, that's dreadful. I think we sort of ruined him anyway. Had and even displayed his natural talent in his few first team opportunities - just his desperate finishing let him down.

Oh well.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Meh, ridiculous to blame the club for the players not having the mentality to make it at the highest level........ if Akpom lost his head due to competition from Sanogo at youth level then what were the chances of him not losing his head eventually had he made it to the first team? Wenger gave Akpom plenty of chances to perform, even cleared the way for him by letting Chuks Aneke go...... is it Wenger's fault that Akpom choked?

Top Bottom