• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,933

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Interesting. I thought he would be let go due the injuries but the boy still has some fight in him. I love that.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
SM2_0769_2020052614134838.JPG

Future co-captains!

Won't be surprised if Matt Smith will eventually take over Guendouzi if Guendouzi doesn't start to grow up as a human being! Matt Smith is more on the same wavelength as Arteta!

With Arteta trying to go for more physical midfielders like Partey I think we could see Matt Smith debut as soon as early next season. He will need physical midfielders around him to protect him a bit to start with but he has also been adding some muscle!

Very technical, good passer, and a leader!
How good is his passing? He's a DLP right? He's very good at short passing and long balls but is he able to consistently ping the ball about? How's his left foot and is he goof under pressured?

Interesting. I thought he would be let go due the injuries but the boy still has some fight in him. I love that.

He was basically the next Nelson when he started here at u18 level. Unreal physical and technical blend if you ask me! Shows how much injuries in key moments can almost kill a career. Because for some it also affects their mentality.

Glad that Arteta is giving him chance to impress but the hill will be very steep for him because he hasn't really impressed that much at u23 level but maybe that is what he needs. Faith from the manager!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How good is his passing? He's a DLP right? He's very good at short passing and long balls but is he able to consistently ping the ball about? How's his left foot and is he goof under pressured?
Passing is undisputedly his biggest strength, his short passing game is varied and strong. If there's a weak point in his game, it's that he can be pressured by very physical opponents. A very talented midfielder called Louie Sibley absolutely battered him when we faced Derby's academy last year. Physically dominated him. He's worked very hard to strengthen that area of his game and is less prone to giving up possession under physical pressure. That said, he tends to move the ball pretty quickly and usually is very good about creating enough space to receive and distribute.

Can't easily get rid of a player with that level of technical and athletic quality. He's versatile, quick and extremely comfortable technically. If anything, this could be an Iwobi-like rise of sorts given the unexpected nature of his promotion to first team duties.

Easy to forget that Coyle was once one of the most heralded scholars in the country and regularly played for England's youth teams at his age group. He even became well known for scoring a goal against Barcelona U15s from the kick-off. As I was editing Matt Smith's compilation, Coyle's performances actually peaked my curiosity because he looked a lot better than I remember him looking at the time - especially in the game vs Man City U23s where he looks very sharp, the sharpest for a while.

I think Iwobi is a pretty good benchmark for Coyle - there are definitely similarities. I think Iwobi's body strength is stronger but Coyle is quicker and better at shooting.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He played for the reserves of Tromsdalen in the Norwegian 4th division in 2019.

Must admit I've never heard of him here in Norway.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Very strange story this. He`s from my hometown Tromso far north in Norway and I`ve actually played against him a few times in the lower leagues and know him a little bit. He was on the books at Tromsø IL which is usually in the top division in Norway but left for Tromsdalen, currently at the third tier. He got only one game for their first team and mostly played for their second team in the fifth tier, which is an awful level. I play there myself at 36 without any problems. Left for Fram Larvik in the third tier and got some games there. Very quick, unpredictable and dangerous one against one but to end up at Arsenal at 19 with one game in the second tier in Norwegian football to show for is quite bizarre. Obviously though he must have impressed enough for the club to feel its worth a punt.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Very strange story this. He`s from my hometown Tromso far north in Norway and I`ve actually played against him a feew times in the lower leagues and know him a little bit. He was on the books at Tromsø IL which is usually in the top division in Norway but left for Tromsdalen, currently at the third tier. He got only one game for their first team and mostly played for their second team in the fifth tier, which is an awful level. I play there myself at 36 without any problems. Left for Fram Larvik in the third tier and got some games there. Very quick, unpredictable and dangerous one against one but to end up at Arsenal at 19 with one game in the second tier in Norwegian football to show for is quite bizarre. Obviously though he must have impressed enough for the club to feel its worth a punt.

WOW.

Top Bottom