• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I do not like this guy being involved at the club one bit. I don't buy that guff PR piece about him supporting Arsenal - his real aim is to milk the club for as much money as he can.

And he's certainly doing that if these figures for the horrendous Luiz deal are to be believed:

Kia spots an opportunity in the football world and like a leech he latches onto it. Absent American owners with only a few years of involvement are prime candidates. Add a shady character like Raul into the mix and it becomes the perfect storm for someone like Kia:

Make no mistake about it - we are in serious trouble on the financial side of things with the characters involved at the club. We've gone from one extreme, in gazidas, to the other with Raul and his connections. Dread to think how much money, earned by Wenger & co, has gone into the wrong hands.

Rough seas ahead.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's not a good look at all that's for sure. But if we take the focus off Arsenal for a moment, isn't this common throughout football in general? I am fairly sure football agents have been taking ridiculous fee's for years now.

That Luiz deal seriously dodgy at 24M but I think no matter who's in charge of transfers etc, if we want to compete we'll be spending huge sums on agents, it's something Fifa probably need to cap.

Again though, a 24M 1 year signing, yikes.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It’s Kia FC and I’m in for the ride!

4TtucLT.jpg

Sanllehi’s holy book! I like the look of Rui Pedro, contract expires this summer, surely Kia can make it happen?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Great thread.

We were all surprised with the Luiz deal being just 1 year and then an option to extend, instead of two years straight.

But thinking about it, it makes total sense as it allows agents and intermediaries to make money not only when he signs but also when he signs the extension. Raul allowed this.

Now due to this virus, we can’t afford to extend him anyway and pay those big fees second time round.

Financially, this Luiz deal is a monster deal.

Tom349

Unfortunately this is what football is becoming. Im a big Wenger fan but in all honesty his integrity and values held us back in his later years when super agents become more and more powerful to the point that they dictate a large part of the market especially where a lot of the talent lies. There is zero doubt that we have missed out on talented players as a result of the refusing to work alongside some of these agents in the past.

Also the only real issue I see with Luiz deal is the agent fee's. His wage is what it is and his transfer fee was in the ball park for what he was worth at the time with the market being what it was, would be a completely different story now given everything that has transpired over the past 3 months. But I don't see how an 8m deal requires agent fees of 6m although that number does seem sceptical.

Last edited:

What is it called in plain English when someone takes money under the table to do a shady deal with money that company owns?

Because that is exactly what Raul is doing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's agents world and we living in it all agents do that with all clubs don't know you all surprised and tag our names like you never heard about these super agent before

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't really care about all this stuff, only time it's an issue is if we're paying huge agent fees and then also crying poverty when we ask the club to go out and bring in a top CB or a top midfielder or whatever.

Top Bottom