• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz (Out)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can see him going back to Benfica to finish off his career. Easier league, top club, beautiful country. Nice way to ride off in the sunset.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He still can go 2021 to Benfica.

Letting Luiz leave this summer (with all the circumstances due to Corona) before Sokratis or even Mustafi would be a joke. Even Holding isn't better at the moment and we don't know how Chambers will recover from his injury.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If you're keeping an experienced defender you want it to be Luiz. I don't get the impression Sokratis is much of a force in the dressing room, whereas numerous players have spoken about Luiz's influential personality. Plus Luiz's passing is much, much better than Sokratis'.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He still can go 2021 to Benfica.

Letting Luiz leave this summer (with all the circumstances due to Corona) before Sokratis or even Mustafi would be a joke. Even Holding isn't better at the moment and we don't know how Chambers will recover from his injury.
He’ll be pushing 35 in 2021/22. Think he’ll want to go there when he can still offer something.

What would be the appeal to stay here? This is not his club so there is no love, just money.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Obviously the whole '24m for one season' thing does sound like a lot and not good value for money, but I wouldn't be that outraged. It's just because most transfers are conveyed to the public as just the transfer fee, whereas every transfer has the fee, agents' fees and wages. If you took into account the entire cost of every transfer then i'm sure many, many transfers around Europe would shock people by how much they cost.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Obviously the whole '24m for one season' thing does sound like a lot and not good value for money, but I wouldn't be that outraged. It's just because most transfers are conveyed to the public as just the transfer fee, whereas every transfer has the fee, agents' fees and wages. If you took into account the entire cost of every transfer then i'm sure many, many transfers around Europe would shock people by how much they cost.

We paid 11M total from feb. 2018 to jan. 2019 according to this: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...s-fees-260-million-liverpool-wolves-tottenham

Signings like Leno, Sokratis, etc then. Not players with dubious agents I'm guessing.

6M seems excessive for a Chelsea reject.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Kia is not he most trusworthy and Amy Lawrence is an excellent journalist but with Kia being so specific with the numbers you`d think that at least the 6M figure is exaggerated. Hopefully.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So basically they'll have a chat at some point and probably agree to stay for another year, which is what everyone thought would happen to begin with. And we'd have got our knickers in a twist over nothing.

I sometimes wonder whether what actually goes on behind the scenes is much simpler than it seems. In the press and the general twitter-sphere these negotiations and contract extensions appear to be incredibly long and fraught processes, whereas in reality I imagine often it's just a couple of quick phone calls and a meeting or two. The actors worry about it a lot less than the audience.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The Athletic got a few reliable journalists and then had the status of being super reliable because of that. Amy Lawrence is a good journalist, she writes nice thought provoking articles. She has never been the insider type. The other Arsenal beat writer (gunnerblog) is the same. Writes some nice, well researched pieces but I’d take any insider knowledge from him with a pinch of salt as well.

Top Bottom