• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Could argue leciester, norwich, newcastle, everton, wolves all have rb's who are better currently. Doherty from wolves is a fantastic player, strong, quick, great engine and can play football.
The question is are they attainable to us? At a price we can pay without affecting our recruitment of players in other positions?

I personally still think the best bet is to get Jayden Bogle before one of the above clubs snap him up and we end up having to pay ridiculous prices for him. I personally think he's as good as Aarons and everybody loves Aarons.

RB is not an area of urgent need for us. With limited funds in the summer, we need to prioritize our areas of greatest need. We can't just be upgrading position just for the sake of it.

We need to strengthen our CM and CF (if Auba leaves) before we can even think of RB

I'd argue that RB is an area of urgent need given that Bellerin is our only decent RB. RB is arguably a bigger issue than CF given our plethora of young talent in that position. No argument on CM though, that's easily the bigger issue.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
RB is not an area of urgent need for us. With limited funds in the summer, we need to prioritize our areas of greatest need. We can't just be upgrading position just for the sake of it.

We need to strengthen our CM and CF (if Auba leaves) before we can even think of RB

Depends what Bayern are prepared too offer, you cant just rule it out, if a decent fee comes in and a RB target can be identified then you react too it, not just put it off until CM and CF are sorted. I wouldn't actively be looking for the sale of Bellerin right now but if the rumours are true, figures acceptable then I would sell him.

Its not like Bellerin is consistently available for us, the position does kind of need sorting as he misses large chunks of a season and hasnt exactly progressed with his development much either, like I said previously having a reliable and consistent RB could be seen as an upgrade.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
The world "upgrade" is now too over-used for my liking. You can't just upgrade everyone in the squad. When Klopp came in the likes Milner, Henderson, Lovren, Wijnadum and origi were considered bums. He didn't totally overhaul the squad. He bought some world class players to supplement the squad.

You can't just sell Bellerin. We'll end up selling for peanuts and end up buying another RB that's not even as good as him

Exactly, and it says something that rumours in recent years and this summer have all been with Barca, Man City, Inter, Atletico etc.

All teams operating at a higher level currently than we do.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
You’re linked with the American RB Dest now, and Pjanic.

Pjanic is brilliant but I’m not sure he’s the right profile, need someone more long term to partner De Jong.

Glad to see the back of Vidal, Coutinho etc this summer. Hopefully Dembele/Griezmann too. Whole ****ing squad needs an overhaul

Impact

Established Member
I think we all agree that Bellerín's performances over the past few seasons have not reached the levels we would have hoped for given his early promise.

However, his off-the-field development has been very good. Post-Aubameyang, he is the obvious choice for the captaincy. If he remains a good - not a great (as initially hoped) - player, we should keep him.

We have bigger problems with our starting 11 that HB and I'm unconvinced that the immediate post-COVID transfer market will be kind to sellers. No point raising funds with HB in a devalued market.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Bellerin is far from the player he was and I doubt he will ever get back to that level. However with very little money and so many holes in the squad there are more pressing matters than upgrading on him. That being said, if it takes losing Bellerin to bring in Partey we shouldn`t hesitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom