• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Orkun Kokcu

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Never understood Hydro's issue with that video, it's seriously informative and helps learn something about football that most idiots on this forum don't understand. I also picked up a new language because of it.
He doesn’t understand or love the beautiful game. He’s only a pretender. His real passion is trolling on the internet

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I don't see anything that good or outstanding in him. Pretty average imo with not a lot of upside for growth.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
From what I've seen he looks interesting, if not perfect. But hey, if you want a perfect teenager just go and drop 100m on Havertz. Alas Arsenal ain't in that world, occasionally we'll have to take punts and a fairly cheap 19 year old like Kokcu fits that description.

The club seem to have got it right recently with Martinelli, Saliba and Guendouzi, so if they want to bring this Kokcu guy in then I'd say you gotta back them.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I have to admit, I can see good things in his game but I'm unsure why we're so interested in him. Will have to see how he fits in if he does indeed join - and how they plan to develop him.
He's cheap?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's cheap?
I mean, I guess - but can we not just promote from within? If he turns out very good then cool. I'd rather see how someone like Matt Smith does before putting down £10-15m on this guy. He has good points in his game, but he doesn't look so good that we should bring him in at all costs.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Fee would be around 20m from what’s been quoted. Not necessarily cheap.
That's pretty cheap these days. Has pretty decent potential from all accounts.

Arteta has final say. If he wants him, then I'm okay with it.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Would be very annoyed if it turns out we really could get partey but can`t afford him because we splashed 20M on this guy.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Interesting.

Anyway, how do you know he’s a bum?
I don't know. Never watched him. Don't want another teenager that AM is gushing about only after 3 months the whole forum is slaughtering him. Besides I'm hearing 15-20m.

I'm not sure Arsenal can afford to pay that much for a teenager who won't come here and become a starter immediately especially this period of tight finances.

There are other priorities.

Can't see anything wrong in promoting one of the young CM From Hale end

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I mean at the end of the day every unknown teenager is a bum until some of them do something and all of a sudden they're a star. Martinelli was a bum from Ituano, until he wasn't.

Maybe this guy's just a bum, maybe he isn't. All he can do is play more matches and show people, and all any club can do is take a risk and hope for the best. Until then you're just debating compilations, which isn't an exact science.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Fwiw it seems he's more of an no. 8 than a no. 10. If he can develop physically and defensively then he could have a future in central midfield. Mohamed Ihattaren, on the other hand, very much looks like a no. 10.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There's been enough links now to suggest the interest is genuine, it doesn't feel like just paper talk. Regards the quality of the player itself I have no idea, I've seen a range of opinions on him. This is a fairly comprehensive profile though:

https://targetscouting.com/2020/04/22/orkun-kokcu-player-report/

Stopped reading and lost interest at ' he is not a progressive passer and likes to play the ball to the wings'.

We need a progressive passer who is technically gifted in that left half space.

Aevi

Hale End FC
It's worth remembering that he's still 19. Could be that he showed a lot of promise at youth level and we're looking to snap him up before he adapts to this new level and becomes expensive. Just speculating though, I haven't seen much of him.

Top Bottom