• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz (Out)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/02/benf...nsion-despite-talks-return-portugal-12790883/

‘I spoke to him yesterday, we have a father-son relationship,’ Vieira told Benfica TV. ‘He was in the car with his agent and will renew with Arsenal for two years. ‘David Luiz loves Benfica, but he is 33 years old and has to earn money.

‘His salary in England is unthinkable for Benfica to pay. In England he earns €7million or €8million a year. ‘If David Luiz comes and says “I want to come back”, if he is 35 years old and in perfect condition, of course we would welcome him.

‘But now, if he came, it would only be for €1million and as a father I would say no. “David, you’re not coming, don’t be crazy, make more money!” ‘It may be that it becomes a case like Rui Costa, who called me one day and said it was time to return, for me to make a contract, offer a salary, which he signed. If David Luiz does the same, he can return.’

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think he'll sign, I hope he does anyway, it's the smart decision.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I think he'll sign, I hope he does anyway, it's the smart decision.
"He was in the car with his agent and will renew with Arsenal for two years. ‘David Luiz loves Benfica, but he is 33 years old and has to earn money"

Happy to see him renew on reduced terms but should surely be for one year, not two.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

"He was in the car with his agent and will renew with Arsenal for two years. ‘David Luiz loves Benfica, but he is 33 years old and has to earn money"

Happy to see him renew on reduced terms but should surely be for one year, not two.

Can't imagine it'll be reduced terms, I'd assume it'll be the same.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't imagine it'll be reduced terms, I'd assume it'll be the same.
Why would it be the same? With Covid there will be a price drop across the board when negotiating new deals and contracts.

Luiz can’t demand 120k now, unless another club is offering him that, which there won’t be because he’s a 33 year old bumm.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Why would it be the same? With Covid there will be a price drop across the board when negotiating new deals and contracts.

Luiz can’t demand 120k now, unless another club is offering him that, which there won’t be because he’s a 33 year old bumm.

Not offering him a new contract though are we? We're offering him an extension of his previous one?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not offering him a new contract though are we? We're offering him an extension of his previous one?
I’m sure there are stipulations that allow the terms to be changed. Arsenal have lost money in recent months, that’s going to have an impact on guys like Luiz.

Not like he’s going to get peanuts, might still be on close to 100K a week, which at 33 is more than most are getting.

No way we are going to pay Luiz 120k at 33 age. Surely we are wise enough to demand massive wage cut given how terrible a player he is.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bit depressing knowing he’s going to potentially play the bulk of games for us at CB for the next 12-24 months.

The Benfica guys reckons it’ll be a two year extension.

Goonger

Bit depressing knowing he’s going to potentially play the bulk of games for us at CB for the next 12-24 months.

The Benfica guys reckons it’ll be a two year extension.

I want him to stay, I think he looked a lot better under Arteta, he's meant to be a great character for the dressing room, & is a leader to help guide Saliba & could potentially form a good partnership with him for a season or so. In an ideal world we bring in a Gabriel & have Luiz help him settle for a season or so, but we just don't know if that's viable yet.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Under Arteta, Luiz looked completely transformed and performed like one of the best CBs in the league.
Great attitude and work ethnic too.

He really fits alongside the young kids we want to develop. Very much happy about this.

db10fan

Luiz is the better ball playing CB we have now. He also has experience to guide Saliba. Sell Sokratis and Mustafi (yet seems to Arteta rates him, so may not happen), but keep Luiz. Also sell one or both of Holding and Mavro. Keep Chambers as the versatile defender to cover RB, CB, DM.
If we can do the above we may have enough money to sign a left footed CB prospect to groom as Saliba long term partner, such as Zagadou or Ndicka who has been playing well with good physical attributes, or Malang Sarr, who is reported available on free transfer on transfermarkt.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom