• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we offer him something like 200grand and he sees we have a serious project, he'll stay. He strikes me as someone who likes the London life.

If we get CL football this season, that all but guaranties his stay. But if we fail to qualify for the CL we might still be able to convince. But if he refuses, no need to allow him run down the contract. Sell him and genuinely reinvest the money.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If we offer him something like 200grand and he sees we have a serious project, he'll stay. He strikes me as someone who likes the London life.

If we get CL football this season, that all but guaranties his stay. But if we fail to qualify for the CL we might still be able to convince. But if he refuses, no need to allow him run down the contract. Sell him and genuinely reinvest the money.
I’m pretty sure he’s already on more than that.
From football leaks:
4C1A477900000578-5718227-image-m-72_1526054598888.jpg

roz

Fake News Merchant
I’m pretty sure he’s already on more than that.
From football leaks:
4C1A477900000578-5718227-image-m-72_1526054598888.jpg
Why’s he getting his bonus despite us not getting champions league?

Funny I seem to remember him missing a pretty crucial penalty v Sp**s which would have got us into champs league

db10fan

Best realistic case is he stays as it is much more difficult to replace Auba consistent reliable goalscoring than to fix conceding goals. IMO football is won or lost on goal difference, ours is only positive due to Auba's goals. Keep Auba and move him to CF with proper RW/LW, sell Laca, give Gabi/Nketiah chances to replace Laca, sign top LW talent to compete with Saka/sign top CF talent if Auba stays at LW.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Clearly our best player but I’d rather we sell at a decent price than to overpay a player that is +30 in age. If we renew it needs to be at right price and for max. two years. I’d hate to see us stuck with anything close to the Özil contract mess again.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If he signed for 2 more years I'd be happy to pay him £300k pw Over 2 years that's only £10.4m more than £200k pw (assuming that's his wage now) We cant replace him or his goals for £10.4m and I don't think we could get big money for him now as he's free to talk to clubs in Jan 2021. Keeping him would be best for bringing on Martinelli & Nketiah. Lets sell Laca, makes far more sense!

benjamin86

Established Member
In what could be a depressed market at least Barca have some players that we could swap for Aubameyang. Dembele, Umtiti, Todibo, Saurez, Rakitic, Vidal all seem to be on their way out? Any of those first 4 could be interesting, i've not seen any spanish football this year to know what Rakitic and Vidal have been like.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In what could be a depressed market at least Barca have some players that we could swap for Aubameyang. Dembele, Umtiti, Todibo, Saurez, Rakitic, Vidal all seem to be on their way out? Any of those first 4 could be interesting, i've not seen any spanish football this year to know what Rakitic and Vidal have been like.
Vidal and Rakitic are all inter bound

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Losing Aubameyang sets us back a couple of years. Would rather lose him on a free. He'd have a host of options as a free agent as well.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Its not like we will be a title challenging club for the moment so at almost 31 years of age i can see we might sell him.

Hinderz

We probably should have sold him last year. We cant afford to let anyone walk for free. Had we sold Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey and Auba at their peaks we’d be £220m+ better off. Would it have hurt us on the pitch?.We are in 9th...

Sell him and buy again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom