• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Osimhen

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd also love to give Martinelli and Nketiah minutes and hopefully they can thrive, but i'm afraid I don't share your optimism. Martinelli I have a good feeling about, Nketiah i'm still doubtful. Ever since Benik Afobe I've lost trust in strikers coming from our academy, I just assume no matter how good they were at youth level they won't make the grade here.

Hopefully Nketiah can prove me wrong.
Nketiah has a habit of proving people wrong to be fair to him. He wasn't expected to play and score more than every other striker around him at the time, and I bet most people didn't expect him to start ahead of Lacazette as much as he already has. I'm optimistic every time Nketiah plays because I know he has the mentality and the ability to seriously damage every team he faces, no matter the level.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's 33, free agent or not if you're 33 who's gonna give you more than a 1 or 2 year deal? No top club would give him that.
He can find a lucrative deal if he wants now. MLS, Saudi League, China, Japan. If he decides that he wants 1-2 more years in Europe and doesnt mind a short contract then the demand for him will be very high, and that will be respresented in how much he demands.

But at this age you take a as long a contract as you can, money wise thats the best thing to do.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Cavani would be fun, hard not to love that guy. Anyway why not just keep Auba? If he doesn't want to sign then ok, he leaves and we find a replacement then. You're not gonna get good value for Auba in this summer's market anyway.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Cavani would be fun, hard not to love that guy. Anyway why not just keep Auba? If he doesn't want to sign then ok, he leaves and we find a replacement then. You're not gonna get good value for Auba in this summer's market anyway.
Yep, if Auba can't fetch a nice fee (like 35m+) I'd rather just keep him

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

[

It is a gamble for sure but for me, the alternative is Martinelli and Nketiah by themselves. I mean, I'd be all for that, but would you? Because I think it would be a bit overkill to bring another young striker to replace Auba and Laca when we have those two - as well as TJJ and Balogun behind them aswell who are also extremely promising. We're stacked with young strikers.
What’s your thoughts on Odsonne Edouard? I wouldn’t be opposed to him rotating with Eddie.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
@MutableEarth I'd be curious to know what you see in Osimhen. Also others who might know him well.

Like I said the few times I've seen him for the full 90 minutes he didn't impress, but of course he was playing against a top side ;) (Ajax).

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth I'd be curious to know what you see in Osimhen. Also others who might know him well.

Like I said the few times I've seen him for the full 90 minutes he didn't impress, but of course he was playing against a top side ;) (Ajax).

He's an absolute handful. Fast, strong, powerful, good in the air, runs the channels well, but you need more than that to translate your goal scoring over to England. He would still be a risk. Think of how Pepe scored for fun in France. There is so much space, time in the box, defenders are slow to react and goalkeepers aren't the best.

He is a good player but Edouard is the better option for me. Osimhen is more clumsy and erratic. I just love the way Edouard strikes the ball off either foot. He is the primary free kick taker at Celtic. You want your centre forward to be a very good shooter and if you look at Edouard. It's no back lift and controlled. There is a touch of Ihenacho about Osimhen.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Have to think some good experienced forwards will be available in this climate & clubs keeping thinner squads.

LG10

70M for a guy that’s scored 13 ligue 1 goals this season yeah I don’t think so. No way Lille can ask for that kind of money given the current economic climate anyways, no one will pay that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's an absolute handful. Fast, strong, powerful, good in the air, runs the channels well, but you need more than that to translate your goal scoring over to England. He would still be a risk. Think of how Pepe scored for fun in France. There is so much space, time in the box, defenders are slow to react and goalkeepers aren't the best.

He is a good player but Edouard is the better option for me. Osimhen is more clumsy and erratic. I just love the way Edouard strikes the ball off either foot. He is the primary free kick taker at Celtic. You want your centre forward to be a very good shooter and if you look at Edouard. It's no back lift and controlled. There is a touch of Ihenacho about Osimhen.
Basically took the words out of my post! I'll add that he's actually a very good finisher [Osimhen] but I agree that Edouard is much more rounded.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have to think some good experienced forwards will be available in this climate & clubs keeping thinner squads.
Arkadiusz Milik is the only one I can think of
I agree on Edouard signing, he's lethal not just in scottish league but also Europe and with France U21 plus affordable.

db10fan

Osimhen is a good talent with great potential, he likes to drift to the right side channel so will interchange with Pepe cutting in, but Lille has milked us with Pepe, so its likely they will ask for around Pepe's price again, which is too much for Osimhen.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
How legit are the rumors of Omishen ? A great player who imo would be an ideal replacement for Auba if he was to leave (Apart from Edouard)

9jagooner

70M for a guy that’s scored 13 ligue 1 goals this season yeah I don’t think so. No way Lille can ask for that kind of money given the current economic climate anyways, no one will pay that.
18 goals and provided eight assists in all competitions

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I read that originally Lille were asking for the Pepe price range. However, they have no dropped it to around £45 million due to them need the cash to keep the club going?

So thats Osimhen, Dembele and Milik at roughly the same fee. Edouard about £10 million lower and then Guirassy around the £12 million mark.

Value for money is easily Edouard.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I read that originally Lille were asking for the Pepe price range. However, they have no dropped it to around £45 million due to them need the cash to keep the club going?

So thats Osimhen, Dembele and Milik at roughly the same fee. Edouard about £10 million lower and then Guirassy around the £12 million mark.

Value for money is easily Edouard.

Don't know why but my favourite young striker right now is still Jonathan David, he's just really enjoyable to watch. I can see this Edouard guy is really good, but i'm not inspired by him as much as I am by David.

Also, David is extremely marketable. Handsome, talented, North American, English speaking...if he develops into a top player he'd sell so many shirts.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Don't know why but my favourite young striker right now is still Jonathan David, he's just really enjoyable to watch. I can see this Edouard guy is really good, but i'm not inspired by him as much as I am by David.

Also, David is extremely marketable. Handsome, talented, North American, English speaking...if he develops into a top player he'd sell so many shirts.
@BigPoppaPump

Latest posts+

Top Bottom