• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wilshere was quality when fit. I put a caveat in my statement. I only said 'a fit Wilshere'.

Don't know why you're bringing up Jenkinson. Jenkinson was ****. At his best he was 5/10.

If Wilshere could play at least 40 games a season he'd been useful option in our CM. He's better than any option we have here by far

Jack was never truly quality, he had a lot of potential but never reached it. He never produced enough effectively, every game seemed to be him dribbling to nowhere then losing the ball.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was quality. Just never got a consistent run of games to bring out his quality. Even in his last season here, he was still our best CM, despite being average.

I'd have like to see him under Arteta

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He was quality. Just never got a consistent run of games to bring out his quality. Even in his last season here, he was still our best CM, despite being average.

I'd have like to see him under Arteta

Ah yes serial winner and veteran manager Mikel Arteta would have got the best out of him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

For me its not just the blunders. I can take the occasional blunder although if he gets through a game without making one then people consider him to have had a good game which is tragic.

No, for me he hides when the going gets tough. Any game where we are outclassed (Which seems to be a lot these days) he stops becoming available for the ball, hiding, no longer moving into space to receive and redistribute the ball.
This guy is supposed to be the link from defence to attack ffs. It’s maddening. He plays scared and his only way to stop a player is to make a stupid foul. The guy could sent off almost every game. I love a tactical foul here and there but christ its all he seems able to do consistently
Sure makes one hell of a midfielder: Hiding from the ball, pared with his regular brain farts and stupid fouls. I honestly have no clue what some posters see in him. He is good looking though. Have to hand the lad that...

Don’t think it is a coincidence that we have gone south as a team since he joined. In my view he is poison for the club and the sooner we can offload him the better.

Overall I think it is easy to judge the value of a player by the interest other clubs have in him. Wasn’t it Herta BSC in the BL that wanted him? That is where he should play. Mid to lower table BL.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wilshere was quality when fit. I put a caveat in my statement. I only said 'a fit Wilshere'.

Don't know why you're bringing up Jenkinson. Jenkinson was ****. At his best he was 5/10.

If Wilshere could play at least 40 games a season he'd been useful option in our CM. He's better than any option we have here by far
Problem with Wilshere was always fitness. If he could have avoided the injuries he would have been a beast. So much talent, but if you cannot stay fit all that means nothing.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Problem with Wilshere is that he's a small guy who relies on throwing his body at his opponents to beat them. Any tall guy who has played football can tell you how frustrating it is when a smaller guy does that to them. But on the long run the viability of this technique is questionable cause it ends up causing all those injuries.

nick gould

Where is Xhaka? Has he featured in any of our friendlies? What about Torreira, not seen him either. So it's a straight fight between Dani and Matteo for the deep mid role?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Where is Xhaka? Has he featured in any of our friendlies? What about Torreira, not seen him either. So it's a straight fight between Dani and Matteo for the deep mid role?

Torreira is still recovering from a major injury, Xhaka might be injured too if he is not playing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We talk **** about this guy but since Arteta has come in he's been a linchpin in his set up.

We have missed any sort of presence in midfield since Xhaka got injured.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We always look totally lost without him. At least he has some passion, albeit at times misguided.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
3 matches without him under Arteta (with the City game), 3 losses.
No loss in the PL under Arteta with him on the pitch..

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Lots of revisionism going on with Xhaka, it’s understandable because we are all guilty of that at times. That being said, he’s useless, our midfield being so poor is because the club refused to move him on, instead we done something worse and bought players to accommodate him. Guendouzi was his long term successor and Torreira was meant to be his ball winner and cover for his defensive deficiencies. Club should have actively looked out for an improvement to bench Xhaka or sell him and now we are stuck in this predicament.

I have read quotes about how we haven’t loss a game when Xhaka has started in the PL under Arteta. Wow, I guess he’s finally turned a corner in his Arsenal career. Remember the 20 games unbeaten with Mustafi? Remember how Rob Holding ‘bossed’ Diego Costa against Chelsea? And now look how rough these guys look now. Don’t be fooled by him and always remember we won’t be a top 4 until he’s not in the starting line up.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Lots of revisionism going on with Xhaka, it’s understandable because we are all guilty of that at times. That being said, he’s useless, our midfield being so poor is because the club refused to move him on, instead we done something worse and bought players to accommodate him. Guendouzi was his long term successor and Torreira was meant to be his ball winner and cover for his defensive deficiencies. Club should have actively looked out for an improvement to bench Xhaka or sell him and now we are stuck in this predicament.

I have read quotes about how we haven’t loss a game when Xhaka has started in the PL under Arteta. Wow, I guess he’s finally turned a corner in his Arsenal career. Remember the 20 games unbeaten with Mustafi? Remember how Rob Holding ‘bossed’ Diego Costa against Chelsea? And now look how rough these guys look now. Don’t be fooled by him and always remember we won’t be a top 4 until he’s not in the starting line up.
Not playing has suddenly made him a 'great' player with 'terrific' passing:rolleyes:

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
We always look totally lost without him. At least he has some passion, albeit at times misguided.
That passion just leads to fouls, he cant tackle, intercept or dispossess anyone to save his life the stats and the evidence of watching him for too long now bear that out . The fouls he commits are often costly and in bad areas, not the scrappy fouls teams like liverpool and city do a long way from goal.
I dont think his brain is fast enough for the premier league, let alone his legs. He really seems to lack basic defensive and football awareness of whats going on behind him once the ball is lost in the middle.
He does offer something clearly that we dont have elsewhere though with his long passing and supposed leadership and what not but he is not the player to move us forward in our current predicament, he just isnt and I really had high hopes when we signed him. Hes not a player to be trusted at the base of midfield in english football, in spain, italy fine but not here . Sell sell for goodness sake sell.

Manberg

Predator
Keep. Xhaka is quality. First name on the team-sheet when fit. Arteta never planned for a team without Xhaka and it is showing.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Love the fact how fans oversimplify the absence of Xhaka, especially because the same thing was happening with Özil many times.
No, Xhaka returning to this squad won't make us 1% better than what we are currently.
But, Xhaka and Torreira together, that's something different. Observing the last 2 seasons, it looks like that was the only functional midfield we've had until Emery started to experiment with Torreira by pushing him forward.

Xhaka without Torreira is just another bum, Torreira without Xhaka wasn't that impressive either. The two of them together would push us to another level, but one without the other has never worked out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom