• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
This is reaching Rodrigo Palacio levels of certainty, and that worked out well.

Wasnt that the one where an arsenal fan with a blog made up the story to see how far it would go and it got into the main stream media and reproted by different companies (Skysports and the Papers). They looked foolish when he came out and stated it was a wind up.

Malky

Established Member
Toulouse got relegated. Sangare would be so cheap. Double pivot of him and Partey would be immense. You could effectively go 4 4 2 with that midfield.
We could actually sell AMN, replace him with Sangare, and we'd not only be buying ourselves a huge upgrade in midfield, but making a nice profit too.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
It`s starting to look like we really could have the chance to get him. If soit should be our first priority, our midfield desperately needs sorting out and Partey is class, didn`t think we would be able to get someone of his quality.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Toulouse got relegated. Sangare would be so cheap. Double pivot of him and Partey would be immense. You could effectively go 4 4 2 with that midfield.
Yeah. Going 4-4-2 would be a pretty great idea actually if we end up with Partey and also get Sangare while keeping Laca-Auba or stick to 4-2-3-1 with Laca in the hole for balance's sake. Not a heck lot of a difference in the eventual shape tbh.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah. Going 4-4-2 would be a pretty great idea actually if we end up with Partey and also get Sangare while keeping Laca-Auba or stick to 4-2-3-1 with Laca in the hole for balance's sake. Not a heck lot of a difference in the eventual shape tbh.

As much as Laca and Auba get on and like eachother, I don't feel they compliment eachother very well. Auba is weak at holding the ball up and winning duels aerially. He also isn't the best passer and likes to be on the last man. He is effective in the box. So you need the opposite to partner with him. Strong in the air, good hold up play, first touch, passing and good around the edge of the box. That isn't Lacazette. Lacazette is good if he can get a shot off on the turn. He doesn't have the best first touch, but he has a high work rate and can retain possession to a good standard. That being said, he won't really score from the edge of the area, he won't really create much.

If it were me, I would really try and hold onto Auba for one more year even if he doesn't extend and replace Lacazette with Edouard. At least then you have someone to take over from Auba if he chooses to leave on a free and Edouard would compliment Auba very well. He comes to the ball, he can dribble, he can compete in the air, he shoots with both feet around the edge of the box. I'd also take Osihmen and Guirassy over people like Dembele and Milik, but Edouard would be my first choice. If we have to get rid of Auba, I would buy Edouard and Guirassy.

-------------------------Leno
Bellerin------Saliba---------Luiz---------Tierney

Pepe----------Partey--------Sangare------Saka

---------------Martinelli--Edouard

So when we go forward it becomes a 2 - 3 - 5.

-----------------------Leno

------------Saliba---------------Luiz

----------Partey-------Sangare--------Tierney

Bellerin----------Pepe-----------------------------Saka

---------------Edouard---------------------------------

----------------------------------Martinelli

Obviouly keeping Auba would mean you have Auba instead of Martinelli.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Teams will have money to spend in the window.
EZbCBzHXYAAYhoO

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
As much as Laca and Auba get on and like eachother, I don't feel they compliment eachother very well. Auba is weak at holding the ball up and winning duels aerially. He also isn't the best passer and likes to be on the last man. He is effective in the box. So you need the opposite to partner with him. Strong in the air, good hold up play, first touch, passing and good around the edge of the box. That isn't Lacazette. Lacazette is good if he can get a shot off on the turn. He doesn't have the best first touch, but he has a high work rate and can retain possession to a good standard. That being said, he won't really score from the edge of the area, he won't really create much.

If it were me, I would really try and hold onto Auba for one more year even if he doesn't extend and replace Lacazette with Edouard. At least then you have someone to take over from Auba if he chooses to leave on a free and Edouard would compliment Auba very well. He comes to the ball, he can dribble, he can compete in the air, he shoots with both feet around the edge of the box. I'd also take Osihmen and Guirassy over people like Dembele and Milik, but Edouard would be my first choice. If we have to get rid of Auba, I would buy Edouard and Guirassy.

-------------------------Leno
Bellerin------Saliba---------Luiz---------Tierney

Pepe----------Partey--------Sangare------Saka

---------------Martinelli--Edouard

So when we go forward it becomes a 2 - 3 - 5.

-----------------------Leno

------------Saliba---------------Luiz

----------Partey-------Sangare--------Tierney

Bellerin----------Pepe-----------------------------Saka

---------------Edouard---------------------------------

----------------------------------Martinelli

Obviouly keeping Auba would mean you have Auba instead of Martinelli.

Arsenal should consist exclusively of young black and north African players from Ile-de-France imo, perhaps a couple of Londoners and a temperamental Dutch guy for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom