• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZgunner

this is obviously going to be a strange game - even more unpredictable than the first game of a new season as there aren't even friendlies to get the players on the same wavelength

it should actually be a good indicator of Arteta's ability to coach, manage and prepare - and a measure of the feeling in the squad

in many respects this game will be determined less by raw footballing ability and I think we are going to see all sorts of interesting results in the first round

we might not have a good recent track record against City, but to be playing them away in the first game back is probably a really good fixture as it wouldn't have been one we thought we'd get anything from in normal circumstances - and these circumstances will be as far from normal as could ever have been imagined

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
this is obviously going to be a strange game - even more unpredictable than the first game of a new season as there aren't even friendlies to get the players on the same wavelength

it should actually be a good indicator of Arteta's ability to coach, manage and prepare - and a measure of the feeling in the squad

in many respects this game will be determined less by raw footballing ability and I think we are going to see all sorts of interesting results in the first round

we might not have a good recent track record against City, but to be playing them away in the first game back is probably a really good fixture as it wouldn't have been one we thought we'd get anything from in normal circumstances - and these circumstances will be as far from normal as could ever have been imagined
Agreed that it's a huge plus it's not a 'regular' game, as the status quo vs. City has been quite (/universally) bleak for 3+ years in a row.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
City are mentally on the beach, what with the uncertainty about the CAS verdict and them losing the title to Liverpool. If we show up like Man utd did, we can beat them.

It's not like it's an 'away' game in the true sense

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We play Charlton today btw at the Emirates.

Wonder if City will organise any pre-return games.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

A journalist who was allowed to watch the Arsenal vs Charlton game has just said we were battered 0-3 and looking very unfit.

That's a worry.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Time for Arsenal ladies to save this dross.

Arsenal%20Women_14.jpg

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A journalist who was allowed to watch the Arsenal vs Charlton game has just said we were battered 0-3 and looking very unfit.

That's a worry.
It was more or less a glorified training session.

But you're right though, it's cause for worry.

The coaching staff needs to scale up fitness.

We resumed training earlier than most other teams, so I expect us to have had an appreciable level of fitness

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
It was more or less a glorified training session.

But you're right though, it's cause for worry.

The coaching staff needs to scale up fitness.

We resumed training earlier than most other teams, so I expect us to have had an appreciable level of fitness
All of of our games against City for the past 3 years have essentially been training sessions (for them).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I do feel this is going to be like a first game of the season.

My take away from the Bundesliga restart that form beforehand has gone out the window. Teams that were in form before have gone to pieces and teams who couldn’t buy a point are now reeling off win streaks.

We’d done well recently at giving ourselves a chance in the top four picture.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

My take away from the Bundesliga restart that form beforehand has gone out the window. Teams that were in form before have gone to pieces and teams who couldn’t buy a point are now reeling off win streaks.

Add to that, the many reports that Arteta has worked overtime to ensure deliverance of his ideas and was one of the first to identify fitness plans for the players to work on at home. We could be in better shape than people realize, and despite any lack of quality, that might count for a lot.

I don't think City will turn up out of sorts but I think it's not a given that we're gonna be mauled or turned over. I'm quite optimistic to be honest.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Add to that, the many reports that Arteta has worked overtime to ensure deliverance of his ideas and was one of the first to identify fitness plans for the players to work on at home. We could be in better shape than people realize, and despite any lack of quality, that might count for a lot.

I don't think City will turn up out of sorts but I think it's not a given that we're gonna be mauled or turned over. I'm quite optimistic to be honest.

We're honestly going to get turned over 3/4 - 0 aren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom