• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I know this is pessemistic but...

How many points did we get in 2013? Whats our max if we win every single game left... 64 if we go undefeated ... what will we really get.. not having looked at the schedule.. 54 pts

Right... Were gonna be more than 10 points off 2013. I would say 10 points is a large margin. The league winner this year is going to be well over 100 pts.. that's also a large margin from 50 something

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Right... Were gonna be more than 10 points off 2013. I would say 10 points is a large margin. The league winner this year is going to be well over 100 pts.. that's also a large margin from 50 something
My Maths was way off, we can max get 24 point so we can only get to 64, so we're finishing 9 points behind even if we win everything which is unlikely

I think 15-20 is a more likely thing and around 45-50 points behind Pool

GoonerJay24

Right. Which of our players would get into United and Chelsea's teams? I'll give you Spuds because I can't wait to see Jose sacked either

What do you mean? Many of our current players would start at those teams. If we were 15-20 points behind I'd agree with you but the gap isn't that great

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
What do you mean? Many of our current players would start at those teams. If we were 15-20 points behind I'd agree with you but the gap isn't that great
Let's do a side by side comparison then for United and Chelsea. For Chelsea, remember that Ziyech, Werner are coming in next season too.

I'll do United, you can take Chelsea
Goalkeeper, I'd take Leno over De Gea
I'd take AWB over Bellerin
I'd take Lindelof and Maguire over any of ours
I'd take Tierney over Shaw, if he's fit. But that's a huge if.
I'd take their entire midfield over ours
I'd take Auba over Martial/Rashford/Ighalo at striker.
I'd take Saka over Rashford who they play LW, but I can't say hand over heart that he's better right now
I'd take Pepe over their RW options.

So 4 players of ours that might get into a team that they'll strengthen on exactly those positions next season.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We're declining but I think people are being a bit overly dramatic.

I do honestly think we have a good manager that wants to build the right culture and that takes time. He's come in at a dreadful time but let's not forget that this squad reached 70 pts last season and most of the bones are here this season.

Things can change quickly in football and so can our outlook so let's wait for a bit of time before making declarations of doom.

That said I am very worried about the higher ups, specifically Raul and Edu, and this whole deal with agents, but I doubt that their heads will roll soon and I suppose let's see how they deal with this summer, Saka and Auba.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I do honestly think we have a good manager that wants to build the right culture and that takes time. He's come in at a dreadful time but let's not forget that this squad reached 70 pts last season and most of the bones are here this season.
The issue is that even last season wasn't that great. We were insanely lucky for large stretches of that season

In the game that mattered, we were outclassed 4-1.

We're declining but I think people are being a bit overly dramatic.

Things can change quickly in football and so can our outlook so let's wait for a bit of time before making declarations of doom.

That said I am very worried about the higher ups, specifically Raul and Edu, and this whole deal with agents, but I doubt that their heads will roll soon and I suppose let's see how they deal with this summer, Saka and Auba.
The thing is we have a manager who is completely unproven. We have a squad that from watching can't really create or defend. Unless we can spend a lot this summer, I think we're in for 9th place next year.

NZgunner

the fact that there are people on this board who will argue that Granit Xhaka is our best midfielder just shows you how the decline is worryingly close to free-fall

there is so much work to do on the squad that it will take at least 3 years before we could even think about being genuinely competitive with the top 4 - and that's assuming wise long term investment with a real vision, which there is absolutely no evidence that Arteta has, or that Kroenke would support

the only thing we've got going for us right now is that we're still a famous name with a good stadium

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
the fact that there are people on this board who will argue that Granit Xhaka is our best midfielder just shows you how the decline is worryingly close to free-fall
The sad fact is that this is probably true. Of all our midfielders, Xhaka is the least limited, and that is a frightening thought.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The issue is that even last season wasn't that great. We were insanely lucky for large stretches of that season

In the game that mattered, we were outclassed 4-1.

Touche, you're right that a lot of luck covered up for the end of last season so we have declined more than the assertions in my post.

I'd still say that there was optimism coming into this season with most thinking CL was an increasing certainty given our transfer window.

Our team is pretty average but I still think we have enough good players (if we get Saka signed up) that our decline won't be so steep and again I've still got a lot of faith in Arteta to rebuild.

In terms of that final, jesus, the less said the better lol.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Everything the club do seems to be making things worse? All the ‘good’ players we sign end up flopping or wanting to leave, we change nearly everything at board level & it makes things worse, go for youth that flops now trying experience with youth & it’s even worse... I don’t think I can be excited for another false dawn again.
Even though we’re being ‘pessimistic’, I reckon it’s actually 100x worse than what we’re saying in this thread. I think we’re properly ****ed.

Arsenal going out sad

GoonerJay24

Let's do a side by side comparison then for United and Chelsea. For Chelsea, remember that Ziyech, Werner are coming in next season too.

I'll do United, you can take Chelsea
Goalkeeper, I'd take Leno over De Gea
I'd take AWB over Bellerin
I'd take Lindelof and Maguire over any of ours
I'd take Tierney over Shaw, if he's fit. But that's a huge if.
I'd take their entire midfield over ours
I'd take Auba over Martial/Rashford/Ighalo at striker.
I'd take Saka over Rashford who they play LW, but I can't say hand over heart that he's better right now
I'd take Pepe over their RW options.

So 4 players of ours that might get into a team that they'll strengthen on exactly those positions next season.

A combined Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United XI if all players were fully fit.

Leno
AWB Rudiger Maguire Tierney
Kante Pogba
Pepe Fernandez Aubamayang
Lacazette

That's five arsenal players; I think Torreria would get into United's midfield as would Xhaka over Mctominey and Matic.

We have a very capable squad but the manager needs to find the right system to get a string of runs going.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The Sanllehi experiment has spectacularly failed but it’s not over yet. The Kroenke’s should step up and fire him, and then try appoint someone who knows something about football... perhaps even Wenger himself if he’s up for it.

The longer Sanllehi is here, the harder it is going to be for who comes next, he has filled the squad with rubbish players because of his connections with crooked agents. This has to end now, we can’t allow him one more transfer window to mess things up even more.

Top Bottom