• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Hinderz

My wishlist has changed a fair bit in a lot of ways. 3-3.5 season timeframe for signings.

Ins:
  • Central defenders: Skriniar (right footed) or Romagnoli (left footed), Saliba (coming), and Lascelles (proven in the league)
  • Central midfield: Tonali (looks like Pirlo), Puig (looks like Iniesta), Ruben Neves (proven), Foden (proven to a point)
  • Goalkeeper: Lafont (backup to Leno and has some talent
Id love to see us go all in for Skrinar and Tonali, but I doubt we’d be able to pry them away from Italy

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Id love to see us go all in for Skrinar and Tonali, but I doubt we’d be able to pry them away from Italy

No point even bothering to wishlist Italian players really. Out of 39 players currently or recently picked for the Italy team, only 6 play outside of Italy, and only 1 of the current under-21 squad plays outside Italy. Whereas you look at the France under-21 squad and 12 of them play outside France.

Malky

Established Member
If Leno injury is as bad as expected I'd like us to sign Ramsdale.
Ramsdale isn't a bad shout. He's been excellent this season, think he's been up there with Henderson. People on here have also mentioned signing Pope but Ramsdale has had the far more impressive season.

Hinderz

If Leno injury is as bad as expected I'd like us to sign Ramsdale.
Kike Marin has suggested that Claudio Bravo at 37 on a free might be a short term deal that might make sense to Arteta. Which is probably an educated guess but sounds like something that could happen if needed.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We used to play one-touch football, especially in midfield, and now we don't really. We take way too many touches, I think we need coaching on the training pitches but also players capable of playing one-touch.

Watching Foden there yesterday, he looks the perfect long-term player for City's midfield. We can't get Foden, but we can get someone like him. Take Adil Aouchiche on a free from PSG. He's ready to step up, and his style is perfect for one of the attacking midfield roles in a 4-3-3.

We need players who fit a style. Aouchiche and Malang Sarr for example, both available on a free, both fit the right stylistic profile. What's stopping the club from making moves like that?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We used to play one-touch football, especially in midfield, and now we don't really. We take way too many touches, I think we need coaching on the training pitches but also players capable of playing one-touch.

Watching Foden there yesterday, he looks the perfect long-term player for City's midfield. We can't get Foden, but we can get someone like him. Take Adil Aouchiche on a free from PSG. He's ready to step up, and his style is perfect for one of the attacking midfield roles in a 4-3-3.

We need players who fit a style. Aouchiche and Malang Sarr for example, both available on a free, both fit the right stylistic profile. What's stopping the club from making moves like that?
Yeah, our midfield is the core of our problems. Our play is slow and sideways, don't have players who can play quick one-touch football or progress the ball forward.

Sarr makes sense. First I figured we'd go for Mari as back-up so we need a first choice LCB, but with Mari's injury (and pricetag) it makes more sense to go for Sarr + first choice LCB (Gabriel / Aké).

Aouchiche I don't know very well. Still hoping ESR will become good enough as a creative CM for us, but at 17 it doesn't hurt to get a player like him, increase competition.

Dutch D

Ramsdale isn't a bad shout. He's been excellent this season, think he's been up there with Henderson. People on here have also mentioned signing Pope but Ramsdale has had the far more impressive season.
Who has the better distribution of these three?

Need a serious GK purchase now.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Who has the better distribution of these three?

Need a serious GK purchase now.

Even if Leno is out for most of next season I just can't see how you justify spending significant money on that position. Honestly I'd just take Pavlenka from Bremen. Could loan with option to buy or just 5m would be enough to buy probably. Or Fraser Forster, I've heard good things about him.

Dutch D

Even if Leno is out for most of next season I just can't see how you justify spending significant money on that position. Honestly I'd just take Pavlenka from Bremen. Could loan with option to buy or just 5m would be enough to buy probably. Or Fraser Forster, I've heard good things about him.
Not saying buy a €50/60m GK, but with serious I mean in terms of ability to compete with Leno. Think in the GK market you can often find a relatively cheap option. I'm sure that for €10m you can get an experienced GK as a stopgap 1st GK and then 2nd GK for 2 or 3 years.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Would take bravo over the other options such as Hart and Forster

Jack Butland might be available cheap with his contract going into its last year and I'm sure Stoke could do with the money looking at their current situation

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

tl;dr - everybody resign, new players in!

This season’s definitely over and we’re not going to play in Europe next year so I’d go for a rebuild. Only scenario you keep Auba is if we can surround him with enough quality to have a good chance at top 4. Currently I don’t see it and would rather shift him. This is what I’d go for given current rumours.

Out:
Auba 35m
Lacazette 25m
Torreira 25m
Sokratis 5m
AMN 15m
Mkhi 10m
Elneny 5m
Holding 10m
Ceballos
Luiz

In:
Partey 40m
Szoboszlai/Bruno Guimaraes/Buendia 20-30m
Ake/Gabriel 30m
Edouard 30m
Benrahma 30m
Cedric/Ngakia
Mari
Kluivert 15
GK

GK
Bellerin, Mustafi, Ake/Gabriel, Tierney
Szoboszlai, Partey, Saka
Pepe, Edouard, Benrahma

Emi
Cedric, Saliba, Mari, Kolasinac
Dozi, Xhaka
Kluivert, Özil, Martinelli
Nketiah

Send on loan to Championship/BL for consistent first team football:
Willock
Nelson
ESR
Mavropanos

Edit: Prices might be very off but tried to be conservative

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

tl;dr - everybody resign, new players in!

This season’s definitely over and we’re not going to play in Europe next year so I’d go for a rebuild. Only scenario you keep Auba is if we can surround him with enough quality to have a good chance at top 4. Currently I don’t see it and would rather shift him. This is what I’d go for given current rumours.

Out
Auba 35m
Lacazette 25m
Torreira 25m
Sokratis 5m
AMN 15m
Mkhi 10m
Elneny 5m
Holding 10m
Ceballos
Luiz

In
Partey 40m
Szoboszlai/Bruno Guimaraes/Buendia 20-30m
Ake/Gabriel 30m
Edouard 30m
Benrahma 30m
Cedric/Ngakia
Mari
Kluivert 15
GK

GK
Bellerin, Mustafi, Ake/Gabriel, Tierney
Szoboszlai, Partey, Saka
Pepe, Edouard, Benrahma

Emi
Cedric, Saliba, Mari, Kolasinac
Dozi, Xhaka
Kluivert, Özil, Martinelli
Nketiah

Edit: Prices might be very off but tried to be conservative
Adds some young exciting players while keeping a core of experienced players to ease the transition. Would give the armband to Bellerin tbh, he’s played with Arteta and for Arsène and even though I wouldn’t mind upgrading him football wise I think he’d be a good character and voice to have around. Mustafi could just as well be Luiz and Xhaka be Torreira.

Not quite decided on the CM position between the three. Not much between them, all good passers with technical ability. Szobo is young and very talented, closest to a Havertz we’d get. Guimaraes adds more athleticidm and felt really excited about the links before he went to Lyon. Buendia is physical despite his size, aggressive and pl proven. All three adds assist potential.

Build without too much pressure and aim to qualify for EL next year

Last edited:

Dutch D

Last wishlist before the end of the season

Defense

Out: Bellerin (€30m, £110k), Sokratis (€5m, £90k), Luiz (free, £120k), Holding (€15m, £25k), Mustafi (€15m, £90k), Mavropanos (€7m, £25k), Osei-Tutu (€3m) Kolasinac (€10m, £100k)
= €85m, £560k/week saved

In: Silva (free, 2y/£250k) Soares (free) Bogle (€10m) Aké* (€40m) Marí (€7m) Lewis (€15m)
= €73m

I would not sign Soares and Mari, but I fear the deals are already done, so I’ve adjusted to that. Luiz has also signed an extension, but I'd still let him go this summer. Can’t sell Chambers because he’s injured until December. Silva because he’s free and I read he’s willing to take a wage cut to play PL (currently earning €300k/week apparently). Also need some experience with all those outgoings. He might be declining, but top defender in my opinion.

Outlook for next year: probably get rid of Soares and buy a new RB, sell Chambers and Marí and get another CB in.

*Alternatives are Gabriel, Elvedi, Matviyenko at probably ~€30m

Midfield

Out: Elneny (€10m, £50k) Ceballos (free) Xhaka (€30m, £100k) Guendouzi (€30m, £40k) Özil (free, £350k)
= €70m, £540k/week saved

In: Partey (€50m)
= €50m

I’ve thought about it and I really quite like Saka as LCM. I can’t think of a realistic creative CM target I’d rather have in that position. Only one I can think of is Aouar (unattainable) or Foden (if City gets Aouar), but both are highly unrealistic.

Outlook next year: get a creative CM if we’re back in the CL. Monitor Torreira’s situation.

Attack

Out: Mkhitaryan (€5m, £180k), Lacazette (€30m, £180k) Aubameyang (€40m, £200k)
= €75m, £560k/week saved

In: Jota (€50m?) Benrahma (€30m)
= €80m

I want Aubameyang to stay, but I don’t expect he’s willing to stay given the shambles we’re in. I’m not really convinced of the young strikers we’re linked to, so my suggestion would be Jota. Perhaps I’m underestimating what his price would be, though. Moving Saka to LCM does mean we’d need to buy a LW. It would be great to have a great dribbler on the wings. Hence Benrahma. Change with Foden if he magically becomes available and shift Saka back to LW. This set of attackers would give us quite some flexibility, as Jota could also play out wide.

Outlook: see how our young attackers develop. Shift if they disappoint.

Total net spend: -€5m

Leno (Martinez)

Bogle (Cedric) – Silva (Saliba) – Aké (Marí) – Tierney (Lewis)

Torreira (Maitland-Niles / Chambers)

Partey (Willock) – Saka (Smith-Rowe)

Pepe (Nelson) – Jota (Nketiah) – Benrahma (Martinelli)
If we can afford it (tried to keep it budget neutral due to COVID) we could upgrade on Benrahma by signing a marquee creative CM, or add some extra cash and upgrade on Aké.

Last edited:

ArsenalFever

Dominik Livaković
Goalkeeper
Club: Dinamo Zagreb
Cost: 10m - 14m

Could be recognised as world class at the right club.

Florinel Coman
Nation: Romania
Club: Steaua Bucharest
Position: Left Wing
Cost: £8m - £14m

League Season Stats:
Games: 23
Goals: 11
Assists: 9

TornadoTed

Established Member
Thoughts on Tyrone Mings and Nathan Aké?

Big no to Mings, 27 and 18 months ago Bournemouth shipped him off to the Championship on loan because he was so far away from starting there. A smaller no for Ake, I think he is pretty decent but not great. If he was as good as some make out Chelsea would have exercised that buy back clause because their central defensive options aren't exactly brilliant.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Wesley Fofana. Gone a bit under the radar since Saliba steals the spotlight when he plays, but this kid is also a huge talent. Would be fun to have two young CB that already has the experience of playing together, and high ceilings.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Big no to Mings, 27 and 18 months ago Bournemouth shipped him off to the Championship on loan because he was so far away from starting there. A smaller no for Ake, I think he is pretty decent but not great. If he was as good as some make out Chelsea would have exercised that buy back clause because their central defensive options aren't exactly brilliant.

Yeah dont get the Mings hype either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom