• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He’s overrated by Arsenal fans, you would think we have a generational talent by the comments here.

Almost all the better clubs have better young wingers than him in their squad.

As a left back though, I see high potential. But only if he fully embraces the role. He should look up to Alphonso Davies, Jordi Alba and other average wingers who made a fantastic careers as fullbacks.

Agree with this assessment. Think his stature is more suited to a fullback role.

sdotzdot

Established Member
At 18, this lad is showing these frauds what it is to be a man. He’s the only one in this entire squad bar Tierney who actually does the basics of football correctly, just the simple stuff. He is so calm. I absolutely love this guy, he’s going to be a future star that is for sure. Just really hope that it is here with us.

progman07

Established Member
Think most of those assists came while he was playing as a fullback.
I get you, because generally you have more space as a fullback, but does it matter at the end of the day? He basically played as a winger because Auba usually played more centrally. Xhaka covered for him at left back. Also, when was the last time a fullback from Arsenal reached 10+ G/A?

E.g. when he glided past two defenders, what difference his original position made? He has dynamism, pace, technique and decision-making as well, it would be a waste to play him as a defender.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I get you, because generally you have more space as a fullback, but does it matter at the end of the day? He basically played as a winger because Auba usually played more centrally. Xhaka covered for him at left back. Also, when was the last time a fullback from Arsenal reached 10+ G/A?

E.g. when he glided past two defenders, what difference his original position made? He has dynamism, pace, technique and decision-making as well, it would be a waste to play him as a defender.

Well nobody is questioning the talent though. It is there for everyone to see. For me he doesn't come in the top 10 young wingers atm around the world but he would definitely be a Top 3 fullback.

arsmile

Established Member
At least the board don't have the excuse of these BS contract extensions from Luis/Mari/Cedric/Ceballos to distract them from what their priority should have been for the last 12 months.

If it was anywhere close to being done- I would expect it to be announced soon after that batch were.

They know that fans will be angry at the Luiz extension and underwhelmed by the others.

I hope the timing of them all together like that will be so that they can bury the dismay at all that with the saka announcement

Wishful thinking probably.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Do you know how bad it is if the club decide to let go of Saka to fund wages for crap like Luiz/Cedric/Mari/Cellabos. How embarrassing would that be? So all this time that bum Raul was making money for his mate than prioritising our future?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Big issue is, what is keeping him here? Everyone at the club is new and finding their feet, Edu, Arteta, coaches etc. All the senior guys are bums, not like he’s playing with Henry or Pires. Not like someone the stature of Wenger has his arm around you.

Staying here or going to a new club, there isn’t much difference.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He’s overrated by Arsenal fans, you would think we have a generational talent by the comments here.

I totally agree. The way our fans are going on about him, it sounds like he’s another Cesc Fabregas when he broke through here.

There’s no doubting he’s a good player and he’ll shine if we have a good setup but he’s not on the same level as the likes of Jadon Sancho, Vinicius, Fati, Alphonso Davies etc they’re players that can change a game single handedly.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's clearly integral to the side now, even at such a young age he's almost a guaranteed starter. I think Arteta does see him as one of his advanced 8's going forward assuming we're making a permanent switch to 4-3-3.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No. Hopefully i didn't jinx

So why are you saying I told you so?

Think you will find too my argument was he would be better moving to another club to develop. I still think that's true although I do hope he signs.

Why do you think it's taking so long if its such an easy decision? Arteta sounds stupid saying they have been speaking for months and nothing done yet. Didnt take months sorted out Soares 4 year deal.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah much like Maitland Niles he should throw his all into becoming a fullback

His ceiling is way higher than AMN though

Glad he's signing new deal

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah much like Maitland Niles he should throw his all into becoming a fullback

His ceiling is way higher than AMN though

Glad he's signing new deal

He hasnt signed anything yet. Until the ink is on the paper all this talk is just bull. Artets trying to keep fans onboard and media something to report. The fact it has taken so long up until now is a cause for worry.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He hasnt signed anything yet. Until the ink is on the paper all this talk is just bull. Artets trying to keep fans onboard and media something to report. The fact it has taken so long up until now is a cause for worry.

Why would Arteta set himself up to look an idiot if he wasn't going to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom