• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

sdotzdot

Established Member
Arteta got himself into this situation, he literally knew what was coming. The injuries and suspensions are unfortunate but they’re part of the game. You can’t feel sorry for a man who willingly got involved, he clearly thought he had it in him to do it and I still hope he can, but the decisions he’s made so far are highly questionable.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
On the road to self improvement eh?

Saka won't leave yet, for sure.
Yep. Finally winning and my brain is kind of back to a state of less effort but great output which is great but the moment something is over I go back to feeling pretty weird unable to chill for a bit.

I really hope so but Saka or not Arsenal just seem to force me back to disorientation.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Aren’t the PSG owners buying Leeds if they get promoted?

I wouldn't mind if Leeds and Newcastle became mega rich, makes no difference to Arsenal, at this stage we are too busy destroying ourselves to worry about a new challenger emerging near the top of the league.

If Sp**s ever get mega money though...

8omnbr8dcqy7VObvuNNh0OtfRFgtJiDsH--AY3XH-gs.jpg

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Any sympathy for Kroenke? I mean he hired Raul, an ex Barcelona man, with good intentions. He thought he was making a big move.

Not his fault that Raul has turned out to be a big fat sweaty clown who had aligned himself with a CRIMINAL and CONMAN in Kia Joorabchian. Edu is part if this murky mess too, Kia played a part in him coming to Arsenal.
He let Wenger, Ivan, Sven, Raul etc money to spend and do their job but the output isn't much. With how things are going and his other stuff he is probably going to not allow much spending.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He let Wenger, Ivan, Sven, Raul etc money to spend and do their job but the output isn't much. With how things are going and his other stuff he is probably going to not allow much spending.

Wenger and Ivan spent what the club made. Nothing was given to Wenger, if anything, for the bulk of the Emirates era he was actually selling players to balance books.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta got himself into this situation, he literally knew what was coming. The injuries and suspensions are unfortunate but they’re part of the game. You can’t feel sorry for a man who willingly got involved, he clearly thought he had it in him to do it and I still hope he can, but the decisions he’s made so far are highly questionable.
He didn’t see Covid and the reported tightening of purse strings though, rumour is there is no money for him. Even Kluivert is a swap, mainly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nobody is going to have a pity party for Arteta, managers live and die by their results. Looking at our squad, I’ll be shocked if he’s not sacked next season, I don’t see how you get results with these guys.

We then employ a very very experienced mid level boring manager, maybe Ancelotti or similar. We know we can’t attract the A list guys.

Wenger got booted out once he could not deliver CL money. Managers live and die by results.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wouldn't mind if Leeds and Newcastle became mega rich, makes no difference to Arsenal, at this stage we are too busy destroying ourselves to worry about a new challenger emerging near the top of the league.

If Sp**s ever get mega money though...

8omnbr8dcqy7VObvuNNh0OtfRFgtJiDsH--AY3XH-gs.jpg
If Newcastle get taken over by the Saudis, it'll be like Chelsea in 2004. Rocket up the league regardless of different managers they'll have, as they take on City, Chelsea, United and Liverpool. Sp**s and us will be jockeying for 6th.

We're Everton now Wenger's gone, and people are just going to have to get used to it. Arteta will have to be like Moyes in the heady days when they over performed and reached 5th three times in 11 years and 4th once.

sdotzdot

Established Member
He didn’t see Covid and the reported tightening of purse strings though, rumour is there is no money for him. Even Kluivert is a swap, mainly.

Good point, he deserves to be given benefit of doubt. Regardless, the decisions are questionable but will give it next season. I’ll be willing to wait seasons upon seasons as long as I see some sort of identity and ruthlessness. He’s talking the talk and he’s given the pass for now, but he needs to follow up on these words next season or he’s just the managerial version of Xhaka.

There many less rich clubs than us trying to get better that include like of Leicester wolves they done that by getting smart in market and improve the squad that fit into manager systems. We doing neither it has nothing to do with kroenke because we spent 300m since we been in europa we didn't sit down and watch but we invest badly to improve the squad we only like spend big to improve the attack but we not trying to improve the defense or even midfield we just buying average players hoping they'll be good
Exactly.

Brett

If this is approved by Arteta I am with him. After all Klopp signed players like wijnaldum, Klavan, Karius etc. Few of them clicked some of them did not. As long as the Manager and the board have a common vision I don't mind. Can't stand the negativity around this place. And by the way our midfield needs way more attention over the summer than defense. So I guess the existing defense is enough for a team trying to get into top 6.Our midfield 's inability to hold possession and lethargic pressing is making our defenders look like clowns.

FFS even Leicester have gone through signings like slimani.
So let's wait and allow this team to develop. Let's see what our club does over the summer and next season performance on the pitch. I remember all of us agreeing that Arteta needs atleast 2 complete seasons before passing the verdict.

Cedric on a free and Mari on a small fee is not a problem. Our problem as many of u have pointed out is signing players and giving them high wages. Elneny Guendouzi Mhikitaryan Özil. Auba contract trying to sell Laca etc should have more priority. This season should be completely for rebuilding. Let's reassess the season after next. Patience is required. I know it has been 16 years but it is what it is.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
If this is approved by Arteta I am with him. After all Klopp signed players like wijnaldum, Klavan, Karius etc. Few of them clicked some of them did not
Klopp very rarely suggests players outright, they're pretty much all "committee" signings. For example; he didn't want Salah, the board did. Instead he wanted Brandt. Liverpool have a somewhat competent that are signing players based on footballing reasons, not based on who their agents are.

Another difference is that Liverpool cut their losses fairly quickly when a player isn't working out. I wish we did that. Instead a player like Mustafi is still here 4 years later and the situation has become so utterly dire he's now considered our best CB.

As long as the Manager and the board have a common vision I don't mind.
The common vision seems to be "I'm mates with this guys agent, let sign him!". I very much have a problem with that vision. They seem to be more obsessed with the easy and structure of the deals rather than the quality of the player involved IN the deal. It's beyond bizarre.

Can't stand the negativity around this place.
It's not "this place" that's negative, it's the club. If you hadn't noticed mate there's not a lot, if anything, to be positive about. Conjuring up positivity when their is none is called being delusional.

And by the way our midfield needs way more attention over the summer than defense. So I guess the existing defense is enough for a team trying to get into top 6.Our midfield 's inability to hold possession and lethargic pressing is making our defenders look like clowns.
I've been arguing against this mentality on here, on other forums and IRL for years. It confounds me that it still gets brought up when this is the EXACT tactic the club have be pursing for years and it's done nothing but ensuring out continued decline. Ignore parts of the team that desperate need of enforcement because you think another area is a bigger priority only leads to disaster down the line. By the time we sort out one area another area has done to ****. And we just keep playing wack-a-mole and trying to put on fires with band-aids and never have a complete competent side, we'll always have some area of deficiency.

FFS even Leicester have gone through signings like slimani.
So let's wait and allow this team to develop. Let's see what our club does over the summer and next season performance on the pitch. I remember all of us agreeing that Arteta needs atleast 2 complete seasons before passing the verdict.
You're acting like this is something happening for the 1st time at Arsenal and we're being spoiled and impatient for criticising. This has been happening for YEARS, I'd say people are sick of it but that'd be an understatement. We've gone through the likes of Slimani and worse.
Cedric on a free and Mari on a small fee is not a problem.
Yes it is a problem because they're sub-par players that are occupying resources and team spots that could be going to better players that would actual improve us.

Brett

How to do you conclude that Cedric and Mari are sub par I mean what is your basis for this conclusion?
Cedric has not even played for us. And he is back up RB behind Bellerin.

We are not top 4 club anymore so please stop expecting very good players in all positions. We need other areas of the team to be addressed so these stop gaps will have to do.

I keep emphasizing this point. why would one of the best RB's of the world join us, we have to be smart in the transfer market. Cedric has premier league experience and Mari is a left footed CB who is 6' 4" a different profile to the CB's we have. We are not going to sign the best left footed CB or best left footed upcoming CB.

I don't even mind dealing with agents all years under Wenger and co we kept them out, but we were slowly declining. Maybe it is time to test the waters with the likes of Raiola and Kia. Maybe it will work may be not. But let's wait and see.

I don't blame anyone for negativity why direct it at players who have not even kicked the ball for us competitively.

And as far as happening for years, this is a new team I will gauge them after next summer not even this summer.

As far as patience is concerned I know it is very hard to ask Arsenal fans to be patient as they have been the most patient over the years but again new coach new recruitment team. They have had only 1 summer so am not ready to pass any verdicts.

GunnerShy

In isolation these deals suck.
How to do you conclude that Cedric and Mari are sub par I mean what is your basis for this conclusion?
Cedric has not even played for us. And he is back up RB behind Bellerin.

We are not top 4 club anymore so please stop expecting very good players in all positions. We need other areas of the team to be addressed so these stop gaps will have to do.

I keep emphasizing this point. why would one of the best RB's of the world join us, we have to be smart in the transfer market. Cedric has premier league experience and Mari is a left footed CB who is 6' 4" a different profile to the CB's we have. We are not going to sign the best left footed CB or best left footed upcoming CB.

I don't even mind dealing with agents all years under Wenger and co we kept them out, but we were slowly declining. Maybe it is time to test the waters with the likes of Raiola and Kia. Maybe it will work may be not. But let's wait and see.

I don't blame anyone for negativity why direct it at players who have not even kicked the ball for us competitively.

And as far as happening for years, this is a new team I will gauge them after next summer not even this summer.

As far as patience is concerned I know it is very hard to ask Arsenal fans to be patient as they have been the most patient over the years but again new coach new recruitment team. They have had only 1 summer so am not ready to pass any verdicts.

You are right of course. Everything's a bit emotional at the moment because of the injuries. But if we'd have won as we should have on the weekend we'd be fighting for 5th.

Arteta can and should get more from this squad but they will need to shift some senior players so he can have a larger impact on the club.

I understand these signings, they're essentially free. Depending on sales we will have limited funds. I trust Arteta to know where they're best spent.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I wrote a long essay in this thread about players not taking the club seriously. When you extend Luiz's contract for a year after that abomination of a performance, who would take the club seriously anymore? They see a player who pulls off one of the worst ever performance by an Arsenal defender in a decade and we award him a new contract within a week. Players now know that the club can be bullied. No wonder most of them walk around during the match like they never cared.

Top Bottom