• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Me entering a transfer thread with 3 unread pages but first post being @GDeep™ saying he was right about something he said in the past.

zGHQb4O.gif

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
He's not coming here. Dude has played multiple years of CL Football and now wants to join rebuild project, because he wants to live in England? LMAO

He's going to Chelsea if Kante leaves or staying at Atletico if they pay more money.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Let's look at who Atletico is looking to replace him with and sign them too.

Follow it to its logical conclusion I say, go down the chain, buy the 12 year old Malian boy who's just made his first ever slide tackle.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I actually believes he wants to play in the EPL.

Most footballers from British west African typically want to play in the PL, unlike their french west African counterpart that favours France

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wierd club. signing Cedric Luiz Then go spending 45M on Partey. If they plan like how they were planning signing Partey and chasing him since January we will be in decent much better position

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
This signing becomes absolutely vital now, I think we might have had plans for the summer that didnt involve Soares and Luiz but no income from Europe has put that to bed, so if we do sign Partey then it becomes a clear indication that he was our no.1 priority and rightly so. I think this team could get CL football once they pull together:

Marti/New Winger-----Nketiah----Pepe
-----------Saka
----------------------------------Partey
---------------------Xhaka
Tierney-------Saliba----Chambers--Bellerin

Partey fills the hole left by Ramsey and helps Xhaka control the midfield with good tackling, passing and mobility. Saka being allowed licence to really press the attack from midfield or drift wide, same as against Brighton. Same idea as against Brighton with Pepe, - isolate the full back Partey involved means we'll be playing him in, in more dangerous areas. As Bellerin gets fitter and more game time he'll improve and with Partey offering more solidity in midfield he can bomb forward and support Pepe more. Tierney speaks for himself I think.

With Saliba and Chambers we'd be strong in the air and with the ball at their feet, with Partey and Xhaka looking for ball to their feet they'll have options to either give it to them, and they can make a quck pass out to wing or to one of the wingers. Alternatively we can go long and make sure teams can't push up with Nketiah up front with pace and being a fox in the box we can play to control or hit on the counter attack.

The whole thing comes down to having that player in midfield that can take a ball under pressure, make a pass and make a tackle. Remember the difference Ramsey made last year when he came on or against Chelsea in matches where he was fit. Partey fits the role perfectly and without him we're reduced to going long or sideaways passing if the other team drops deep. So much depends on getting him IMO.

FinnGooner

Established Member
This signing becomes absolutely vital now, I think we might have had plans for the summer that didnt involve Soares and Luiz but no income from Europe has put that to bed, so if we do sign Partey then it becomes a clear indication that he was our no.1 priority and rightly so. I think this team could get CL football once they pull together:

Marti/New Winger-----Nketiah----Pepe
-----------Saka
----------------------------------Partey
---------------------Xhaka
Tierney-------Saliba----Chambers--Bellerin

Partey fills the hole left by Ramsey and helps Xhaka control the midfield with good tackling, passing and mobility. Saka being allowed licence to really press the attack from midfield or drift wide, same as against Brighton. Same idea as against Brighton with Pepe, - isolate the full back Partey involved means we'll be playing him in, in more dangerous areas. As Bellerin gets fitter and more game time he'll improve and with Partey offering more solidity in midfield he can bomb forward and support Pepe more. Tierney speaks for himself I think.

With Saliba and Chambers we'd be strong in the air and with the ball at their feet, with Partey and Xhaka looking for ball to their feet they'll have options to either give it to them, and they can make a quck pass out to wing or to one of the wingers. Alternatively we can go long and make sure teams can't push up with Nketiah up front with pace and being a fox in the box we can play to control or hit on the counter attack.

The whole thing comes down to having that player in midfield that can take a ball under pressure, make a pass and make a tackle. Remember the difference Ramsey made last year when he came on or against Chelsea in matches where he was fit. Partey fits the role perfectly and without him we're reduced to going long or sideaways passing if the other team drops deep. So much depends on getting him IMO.

:lol:

CL football with Nketiah as our no. 1 striker. So we're just happy to go in to next season hoping that a guy who scored 3 goals in 17 championship games and 1 goal in 7 PL games becomes, not only a legit PL level striker, but actually a guy that replaces the goals from both Auba and Laca.

I mean, I have nothing against Eddie but c'mon.

I do agree with you on Partey though!

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
:lol:

CL football with Nketiah as our no. 1 striker. So we're just happy to go in to next season hoping that a guy who scored 3 goals in 17 championship games and 1 goal in 7 PL games becomes, not only a legit PL level striker, but actually a guy that replaces the goals from both Auba and Laca.

I mean, I have nothing against Eddie but c'mon.

I do agree with you on Partey though!

Yeah it is a bit of a leap, but I could see him getting 10-15 goals next season if he starts, seems to know where and when to be and seems like he can improve a lot, I'd expect around the same from our wingers and a small amount from midfield especially if Saka is there. Martinelli might also step up but now that hes injured it might be a bit longer.

We're never gonna replace Auba with goals anyway, we do it by controlling games and pinning teams back a lot more which leads to less mistakes. Nketiah's pace alone makes it more difficult for teams to try and press us. We would struggle to win games due to lack of goals but we're already struggling. I think within 3 seasons we could deliver champions league with that team assuming half the team aren't injured regularly. I'm not happy with the situation at all, I'd prefer Auba to be up front but looking at team selections and the rumours around Partey thats close to what they're trying to build, maybe switch out Chambers for a new centreback.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What a signing this would be, he is top 3 DM's in the world in my opinion. Great defensively but also underrated on the ball, his passes the ball really fluidly with a lot of pace. He'd improve us defensively but would also help us get the ball out to Pepe faster.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Partey agents going to London soon to discuss with Arsenal. Don't know if they have to be quarantined 14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom