• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
First season for him with new adaption to the competition and also with this squad, we could say that he could be a really good player for us in the future and he is doing a good season

Goonger

If he's willing to do buy into what Arteta wants him to do, I'm sure Arteta will see him as a good weapon and strive to shape the team to get the best out of him. We need to get him in that inside channel as much as possible where he is most dangerous.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I was happy with him today, he did a LOT of off the ball work and his high involvement in the game was much welcomed - helped no doubt by the willingness of AMN and Willock to receive and pass the ball in much better areas, enabling Pepe to receive the ball more often.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
He is pretty decent in the air - mostly Emi targeting him with his kicks. Should use this to our advantage more. His shot saved by Henderson, right after his goal came from him heading down to Laca from our goal kick.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Didn't catch the whole game but thought this little clip was very encouraging.

This is the kind of threatening off-the-ball movement I hope to see more of, he takes up a great position for a first-time shot and just miskicks it. Feels far more effective than when he is hugging the sideline all game.
God I love KT, I really do.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our only player that might get in any squad. With the right players around him and in the right frame of mind he could be a goal machine.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Our only player that might get in any squad. With the right players around him and in the right frame of mind he could be a goal machine.
If we can sign a quality and I mean quality CM then we’ll really have some dependable if not quality players to build something around. A young core of Pepe, Tierney, Saka, Saliba and a top CM is a start.

I’d even accept us using our entire budget on just two players: a CM and an Auba/Laca replacement.

Quality over quantity.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If we can sign a quality and I mean quality CM then we’ll really have some dependable if not quality players to build something around. A young core of Pepe, Tierney, Saka, Saliba and a top CM is a start.

I’d even accept us using our entire budget on just two players: a CM and an Auba/Laca replacement.

Quality over quantity.

I'd do CM + CB, sell Lacazette and keep Auba.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Quality over quantity.
Exactly. Doesn't bode well so far bro. Luiz, Mari, Soares. £7m down and counting.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta on Pepe
“I don’t know him from before, but he is very willing and he is a player with incredible potential. However, he needs to take care of moments in the game when he disconnects himself a little bit. He cannot do that, and I will be very persistent with him to try to change that.

“He also needs to be decisive in every game because if he is at his best he is a player who can make the difference.

“There are things to work on and improve but he is heading in the right direction. He is doing things very well too, like realising what he needs to do for the team when we don’t have the ball. I am very pleased with him.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ta-sheffield-united-fa-cup-goal-a9591091.html

Reading this makes me hopefully about Pepe coming alive next season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ta-sheffield-united-fa-cup-goal-a9591091.html

Reading this makes me hopefully about Pepe coming alive next season.

I love that Arteta is openly honest in the media. Obviously he will have told the player that anyway but its still good for us fans to hear it too. I've said all along that part of Pepe's problem is Bellerin. Pepe should not be the one taking the ball down to the corner flag, his strength is cutting in onto his left foot. If he had scored when he cut in onto Tierneys cross we would have been talking about it for years. I think Pepe is a big reason for giving Soares a contract, Arteta knows that RB is key to getting the best out of Pepe.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Reminds me of Mahrez. If he can start impacting games like Mahrez done regularly for Leicester and even in the odd appearance he now makes for City he will be an excellent addition.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I know he didnt have time to really make an impact on the game, but Pepe being deployed as a right sided striker looked like he was in a much better starting position.

He didnt need to drop back to the halfway line to collect the ball, he was in that right sided role on the edge of their box instead. Thats where you want Pepe collecting the ball, not in your own half ffs.

Pepe needs an overlapping player, its quite clear to be honest. He's not a cute link up player, he's a dangerous forward and should be treated that way.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I love that Arteta is openly honest in the media. Obviously he will have told the player that anyway but its still good for us fans to hear it too. I've said all along that part of Pepe's problem is Bellerin. Pepe should not be the one taking the ball down to the corner flag, his strength is cutting in onto his left foot. If he had scored when he cut in onto Tierneys cross we would have been talking about it for years. I think Pepe is a big reason for giving Soares a contract, Arteta knows that RB is key to getting the best out of Pepe.

Pepe is also a big part of the switch to 5-2-3. Wing backs allow our two wide forwards to get into the box more, as they push further forward

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, if you watch his goals and assists for Lille he's dancing into the box, quick one twos and dribbles. He's not crossing from out wide.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was watching highlights of his performance against Liverpool earlier this year and I still think it was his best game. Obviously he should have scored one or two but his dribbling looked so good.

We need to find a way of getting him in space, build on the left and switch it quick over to his side. 1v1 he’s unstoppable. The Lille Pepe is in there, we just need to give him the platform.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I was watching highlights of his performance against Liverpool earlier this year and I still think it was his best game. Obviously he should have scored one or two but his dribbling looked so good.

We need to find a way of getting him in space, build on the left and switch it quick over to his side. 1v1 he’s unstoppable. The Lille Pepe is in there, we just need to give him the platform.
Tierney disguised cutback, Pepe late run into the box, goaaaaaal. Will see that a lot next year. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom