• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I disagree, I like Nelson but Def don't see him as better talent than Pepe. I think Pepe in his prime is Robben 2.0
The speed, dribbling & excellent left foot. He's already shown enough times for me this season he has the quality to be world class. Next season is where I expect he puts it together after being used to playing in Epl.

It will be interesting to see what Pepe can do but I don't share the same faith as you do in him. I think he lacks tactically and just overall football brain to succeed but maybe Arteta can work heavily with him in the next couple of months. Also there is the Africa nations cup I think next year that could take its toll but we will see!

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
It will be interesting to see what Pepe can do but I don't share the same faith as you do in him. I think he lacks tactically and just overall football brain to succeed but maybe Arteta can work heavily with him in the next couple of months. Also there is the Africa nations cup I think next year that could take its toll but we will see!
I think Footballing IQ is easier to train than physical traits & footballing ability. Pepe has physical traits and ability in spades. I agree his Football IQ is shaky but imo that's easiest out of the 3 to coach up. I see what Pep did with Sterling and how he improved his footballing IQ drastically from Liverpool to City. Arteta was there so he can take similar coaching approach with Pepe. I think Pepe has better footballing ability than Sterling and I think Sterling is World Class talent.

I believe people are going to be shocked the improvement Pepe is going to make next year as he puts his talent with IQ together while gotten used to game play of EPL.

I know fans are frustrated with Pepe as they see massive price tag and frustrated with his inconsistencies and I get that. I just believe with Arteta as coach and the talent Pepe has, it's going to be a wonderful connection!

I think Footballing IQ is easier to train than physical traits & footballing ability. Pepe has physical traits and ability in spades. I agree his Football IQ is shaky but imo that's easiest out of the 3 to coach up. I see what Pep did with Sterling and how he improved his footballing IQ drastically from Liverpool to City. Arteta was there so he can take similar coaching approach with Pepe. I think Pepe has better footballing ability than Sterling and I think Sterling is World Class talent.

I believe people are going to be shocked the improvement Pepe is going to make next year as he puts his talent with IQ together while gotten used to game play of EPL.

I know fans are frustrated with Pepe as they see massive price tag and frustrated with his inconsistencies and I get that. I just believe with Arteta as coach and the talent Pepe has, it's going to be a wonderful connection!

Let's hope so! We deserve some of the good things too!

GDeep™

League is very weak
All this Nelson slander pains me, can't wait till he starts showing his true potential, so the doubters can finally shut the **** up...
What slander and which doubters? I’m not slandering or doubting anybody if you mean me. My angle for a few years has been towards hiring a young manager and developing a young team.

That said, it’s only natural to think a guy like Nelson will question his position if the club are spending 20M on Kluivert.

Mraven

I’m worried about Nelson. Has he even improved since Wenger left?
For all the hype before the season started, he has still not shown anything but glimpses of his talent

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I’m worried about Nelson. Has he even improved since Wenger left?
For all the hype before the season started, he has still not shown anything but glimpses of his talent

He's not kicked on physically as we may have hoped, and not really discovered the Arsenal first team confidence he needs yet, but his tactical intelligence and control in possession are both underrated. This year has been difficult as he got injured when there was space in the team for him, but its next year that is important.

He's had precious little game time, and has been really good in two or three games. I question what his final role will be, but there is definitely a decent EPL player there.

Impact

Established Member
Was turning the corner prior to the lockdown. Hope Arteta gives him a chance soon - maybe at home to Norwich next week.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Have no doubts about the ability of Nelson, he has some fantastic technical attributes. My concern is that he doesn't seem to have that fearlessness of a Rashford, Sancho, Mbappe, Havertz, Foden, Saka or even a Guendouzi, Greenwood or McTomminay. When you are a youngster breaking through into a big team, you need to almost have no respect for it and grab any opportunities that you have with both hands.

Take out Mbappe, Havertz and Sancho, I don't feel like any of the other names mentioned are more able than Nelson. Yet, I can't see Nelson as a starter here.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Not sure I agree with Pepe’s physical traits. He’s certainly skilful but lacks aggression. Would like to see him make more of an impact off the ball.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Worried about lack of game time since restart if we not going to use him so should sell and get good fee for him he'll be 21 next season

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He’s 20 years of age and barely had a chance. One good season and he’ll be worth £30m+. Let’s not make the same mistake we did with Serge.
Yes but if you remember Serge barely got chance here and has to go on loan to show what he worth. Arteta should sit discuss with him in summer a loan to PL club should be discussed

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Feel like his tenure in Germany was massively overhyped by some. He started well there, but fizzled out. According to some on here, he was the answer to all our problems last season.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
If he doesn't play any minute against Norwich, probably he will leave from Arsenal. I don't like this guy, for me it's not enough good for us, he deserves to play in one team like Bournemouth or West ham before than Arsenal.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I love all these negative comments about him from people that saw him playing for about 150 minutes combined and half of that was probably wing back role.
You guys should be scouts for Barcelona and Real Madrid, because with your ability to see what some player can do based on 2 games he has had with us, those clubs would definitely be interested in your expertise.

The other option is to wait a bit until he can get something like 10 games in a row either starting or being a sub, but with some playing consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom