• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Arsenal | Saturday 4th July | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers win

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I'd go with
Emi
Mustafi-Luiz-Tierney
AMN-Ceballos-Xhaka-Saka
Pepe-Nketiah-Auba

Tierney did well vs Adama in the reverse fixture, don't want him bombing forward like he is currently doing at LWB. I'm more worried about Raul Jimenez than Adama tbh. Raul perfect player to bully our CBs.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
If we are playing 4 at the back, please no Luiz-Mustafi together. Sokratis can play IMO with one of them.

ArsenalFever

I'd go with the same team that started yesterday barring Pepe for Nelson, Saka with a cameo from the bench.
Maybe Sokratis depending on match sharpness.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
I think it’ll be:

Martinez
AMN Mustafi Luiz Tierney
Xhaka Ceballos
—— Saka
Pepe Nketiah Auba

But I’d rather a 3-4-3. In which case Tierney would have to be dropped in favour of Saka. Can’t see him playing at CB. Kola can.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We'll try and match wolves formation and it's seem working well with us defensively it'll limit the danger of Jimenez and Traore the problem we'll face mostly in midfield because Neves moutinho are more solid than xhaka Ceballos or Torreira

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Lacazette isn’t going to score at home against Norwich I’d be shocked to see it happen at Molineux.

Only problem with Auba-Nketiah-Pepe is that’s a front three that can’t really create and is most effective close to the goal.

Need Saka in there for me somewhere, probably at the expense of Nketiah but Arteta doesn’t seem to like Auba through the middle.

Emi
Mustafi - Luiz - Kolasinac
Cedric - Xhaka - Ceballos - Tierney
Pepe - Aubameyang - Saka

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

We'll try and match wolves formation and it's seem working well with us defensively it'll limit the danger of Jimenez and Traore the problem we'll face mostly in midfield because Neves moutinho are more solid than xhaka Ceballos or Torreira

I actually think Guendouzi would be better suited for this one over Ceballos; a big away game where we'll need players who are willing to compete

Martinez
Holding Mustafi Kolasinac
Cedric Guendouzi Xhaka Saka
Willock
Pepe Aubamayang

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I actually think Guendouzi would be better suited for this one over Ceballos; a big away game where we'll need players who are willing to compete

Martinez
Holding Mustafi Kolasinac
Cedric Guendouzi Xhaka Saka
Willock
Pepe Aubamayang
Guendouzi gives the ball away every 2 minutes. That's the absolute last thing we need against a team that plays on the counter as well as Wolves. I'd be tempted to put AMN in place of Guendouzi. It's critical to have players in midfield with recovery pace when you know you'll be countered at every opportunity.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Martinez
Mustafi, Luiz, Tierney
Bellerin, Ceballos, Xhaka, Saka
Pepe, Nketiah, Auba

I'm actually feeling pretty confident going into this match.

Wolves have won three in a row, but they've played West Ham, Bournemouth, and Villa and none of the wins have been convincing. They beat West Ham 2-0 and won the other two 1-0. They've had a really favorable schedule.

Tierney will need to have a big match because Traore will be coming at him. They will constantly be a threat on the counter, but Pepe, Nketiah, and Auba will give their defense a lot of problems. The midfield battle will be huge, so Xhaka and Ceballos need to dominate possession.

I think we can win this.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Lacazette isn’t going to score at home against Norwich I’d be shocked to happen at Molineux.

Only problem with Auba-Nketiah-Pepe is that’s a front three that can’t really create and is most effective close to the goal.
So true! Laca is perhaps the best out of our FWs for bringing others into play.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Martinez
Mustafi, Luiz, Tierney
Bellerin, Ceballos, Xhaka, Saka
Pepe, Nketiah, Auba

I'm actually feeling pretty confident going into this match.

Wolves have won three in a row, but they've played West Ham, Bournemouth, and Villa and none of the wins have been convincing. They beat West Ham 2-0 and won the other two 1-0. They've had a really favorable schedule.

Tierney will need to have a big match because Traore will be coming at him. They will constantly be a threat on the counter, but Pepe, Nketiah, and Auba will give their defense a lot of problems. The midfield battle will be huge, so Xhaka and Ceballos need to dominate possession.

I think we can win this.

My preferred lineup aswell.
Not worried about Traore tbh as Tierney always seems up for it and gives 110% each time out.

Biggest issue is the potential for Arsenal’s CBs to gift chances to the opposition, but at the same time hopefully the run of opposing keepers gifting Arsenal’s strikers actual goals in the league keeps up too.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I'd go with
Emi
Mustafi-Luiz-Tierney
AMN-Ceballos-Xhaka-Saka
Pepe-Nketiah-Auba

Tierney did well vs Adama in the reverse fixture, don't want him bombing forward like he is currently doing at LWB. I'm more worried about Raul Jimenez than Adama tbh. Raul perfect player to bully our CBs.
Don't think Nuno will make the mistake again of playing Adama twice on the right against us. First time he tried it this season, KT rendered him impotent the entire time he was in the pitch.

Think he'll play on the left opposite AMN or Bellerin or Cedric.

You forget that KT is one of the best tackling LB in Europe

Kysus

Should let them have the ball.
If we go for the 343 I want Xhaka and Saka in the middle and Auba/Nketiah /Pepe up top.

Kill them on the counter.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Lacazette isn’t going to score at home against Norwich I’d be shocked to happen at Molineux.

Need Saka in there for me somewhere, probably at the expense of Nketiah but Arteta doesn’t seem to like Auba through the middle.

Emi
Mustafi - Luiz - Kolasinac
Cedric - Xhaka - Ceballos - Tierney
Pepe - Aubameyang - Saka

Pepe, Auba, Saka is our strongest attacking line up by a distance. Arteta’s refusal to even consider Auba over Laca or Eddie through the middle blows my mind. I get that he likes a fixed CF rather than a roaming one but that should never come at the expense of a guy who’s just an outright better, more clinical centre forward.

He’s a central defender’s worst nightmare.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Pepe, Auba, Saka is our strongest attacking line up by a distance. Arteta’s refusal to even consider Auba over Laca or Eddie through the middle blows my mind. I get that he likes a fixed CF rather than a roaming one but that should never come at the expense of a guy who’s just an outright better, more clinical centre forward.

He’s a central defender’s worst nightmare.
Aren't Lacazette and Eddie more "roaming" types than Auba though?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Norwich was a good result and a decent performance, but this is a real test. Wolves aren't gonna hand us two goals on a plate like Norwich did.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A hard fought win against Wolves from a Double winning season, the 1998 team is arguably our most complete team ever...

...love Overmars at 3:55, goes past 3 players so easily and should have had a pen (though I think Big Dave ((who seemed to have a bit of a nightmare in this game)) should have given one away too) Vieira was just the best!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
This looks like a serious tough and testing match. Should tell a lot about the the individual and collective state of the players as well as Arteta's management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom