• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Laca, Guendouzi, Mustafi, Torreira (Like him, but he does not seem like the English game is for him), Chambers, Bellerin, Özil and Kola all need to leave this offseason. Just no use for these players in the squad. Hopefully we can get a good price for Laca, Torreira and Guendouzi.

dbig

Not sure if he's regressed with us. Thought he was good when he first came.

However, if he thinks he's too good to be coached, it's time to go.

scytheavatar

Established Member
To throw Matteo a bit of bail, is it a bad thing that he wants assurances over playing time if this is indeed the nature of his disputes with Arteta?

Hungry young players are exactly what you want as a club. Maybe it is something more than this though as Saka is younger and is starting more than Guendouzi under Arteta. Ditto for Nketiah.

It is when there is no way Arteta can give Guendouzi assurances over playing time. Would you feel comfortable with the idea of Guendouzi starting more games for us? Guendouzi right now is nothing more than a worse version of Flamini at the same age, he needs to focus on working hard in training to improve. If he doesn't then he can only dream of having as successful a career as Flamini.

JCB

We play so much better when Guendouzi is not on the pitch I hope the club will do the right thing and move him on in the summer

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His passing was so much more progressive and crisp in his first 6 months here. All of a sudden he became a Denilson-esque sideways merchant. He’s also become very petulant. I think there’s still a role for him if he adjusts his mindset and gets back on the right path.

The senior players need to set him straight.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don’t turn on him now boys, he’s only just turned 21. Imagine how you would feel on that pitch with no good partner to learn from, no leadership, nobody standing up to the ref, nobody protecting their teammates. Frustrated.

Guendouzi is so young and has played so many games at such a young age in the premier league. Don’t forget how special that is.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Can't really commit to him as a long-term piece for the team. He's incredibly undisciplined in terms of positioning and it hurts the team. If a good offer comes in, sell high.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean you do act out when you are young but unless he learns from this and shows Arteta that hes ready to put his head down and get on with it, I say sell him now and use that money to get Partey.

I dont question his talent, I think he can be an incredible player with the right attitude but hes clearly not showing it rn.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we're just talking about his ability on the pitch then i'm a fan of Guendouzi. I'd bet good money that he could be an elite deep-lying midfielder for a very good team.

But footballers aren't robots. History is littered with very talented footballers who didn't have the success they should have had because of problems off the pitch, and because of attitude issues.

Time will tell if Arteta is a great coach, but it's reasonable to say he has a good attitude and a good judge of character. He knows what it takes to be a professional footballer. So if Guendouzi comes back into the team, I'll trust that it's because Arteta judged Guendouzi to have made up for his mistake and shown readiness to apply himself.

Likewise if Guendouzi doesn't come back and we sell him, I'll trust that it's because Arteta has judged him to be a player he can't work with. And that's fine, although it would be a shame of course.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hard to believe the contract issue not playing a part in all of this as well. There was a rumored 70k / 5 year deal last summer then nothing.

How the **** do you negotiate a renewal if player & manager fallen out + player not in match day squads. Now with less than 24 months on deal the clock is ticking. If a good chance he is off this summer why risk injury?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Don’t turn on him now boys, he’s only just turned 21. Imagine how you would feel on that pitch with no good partner to learn from, no leadership, nobody standing up to the ref, nobody protecting their teammates. Frustrated.

Guendouzi is so young and has played so many games at such a young age in the premier league. Don’t forget how special that is.
Unless it's to fund a move for a ready made player like Partey (and we can't sacrifice any lesser assets), I don't think we should give up on him.

I think Arteta has enough charisma and intellect to persuade this guy into an eager to learn mentality. Quality and technique is there. This is a player that needs to grow into a midfield role and his coach is expert on that field.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Situation is looking really peak for him at the moment. Team is looking more secure in his absence, he's fallen out with the coaches and it appears he is being petulant about it all.

I have faith that Arteta can potentially keep him onside and I still think he can be an asset to the team but I also think he's a lot more expendable than some people think.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really doesn't matter what his talent is.

It's a team game where a manager decides what's best for the team. If you cant do what the manager expects then you aren't being a team player

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I had high hopes for him and think Arteta can mould him, if Guendouzi will cooperate. I fear well have to sell but let's insert a buy back clause.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Holy moley. We agree with each other. :Celebration:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
wish his chances had gone to AMN and Willock. He plays the Emery way not Arsenal way. We have seen 21 yr old CMs and there needs to be something special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom