• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One thing I’ve noticed in the last three games is the amount of runs our players are making in behind, be in the full backs or forwards. We look a lot deadlier now and the likes of Xhaka and Ceballos have the quality to pick these players out.

Encouraging signs.

They had the quality vs a Norwich side that gave us two goals.

Let's not forget how many times Ceballos and Xhaka got the ball to the forwards in previous games.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Santi can probably do more with a tennis ball than anyone in the squad can do with a football...
Özil can probably rival him on his left foot but unlike Santi he has no heart or gumption.

GunnerShy

Team looked really different yesterday. With the wing backs bombing down the flanks and putting the ball in & more through balls we just had a lot more avenues to goal and the attack looked more diverse and threatening. Whilst lucky with the opener (as per Southampton, it's the sort of luck you make for yourself and which we'd never have made under Emery) we really should have scored by that point anyway. Lacazette continues his profligacy.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Nice touch, but will it make a noticeable difference? Assistant coaches are overrated imo.

Haha dude, we literally just hired an assistant coach to be our head coach. Now's probably not a good time to be saying assistant coaches are overrated.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont know how much of our dominance last game is due to Norwich being really poor but I will like to see us continue this system. It looks like it covers up our frailties and gives us more attacking options.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont know how much of our dominance last game is due to Norwich being really poor but I will like to see us continue this system. It looks like it covers up our frailties and gives us more attacking options.

Yep, three at the back has best suited our players since Wenger switched to it in 16/17. Every decent run we've gone on since then has been when we played 3 at the back.

It best masks the massive flaws in our squad: the lack of competent centre halves that can play 1v1, the lack of dynamic midfield players and the lack of elite 1v1 wide men. I think it's here to stay until we get new players.

I do think Arteta's plan is 433 eventually, so imo the likes of KT, Saliba and Pepe will be crucial moving forward.

Preacher

Always Crying
Eb6cAuSXgAANrH4

Arsenal clearly have a problem. Almost half of the goals they’ve conceded this season have been from corners, set-pieces, penalties etc - only 56% from open-play.

No wonder that we are dreading during every corner or set-piece closer to our goal.

Goonger

Eb6cAuSXgAANrH4

Arsenal clearly have a problem. Almost half of the goals they’ve conceded this season have been from corners, set-pieces, penalties etc - only 56% from open-play.

No wonder that we are dreading during every corner or set-piece closer to our goal.

Our team is quite small in stature, was thinking about that the other day. When we played 4231 when Arteta came in, you had 2 centre backs in Mustafi & Luiz that are hardly giants in terms of centre backs, 2 very small full backs in Saka & Bellerin. Midfield was Xhaka & 1 other, then the likes of Auba, Özil, Laca, Pepe, Nketiah and Nelson aren't going to win you much in the air either. It's something that defo needs looked at going forward.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Eb6cAuSXgAANrH4

It's funny because we actually went a long time being pretty good at this after benign horrible during the Almunia years

Going in circles

Latest posts+

Top Bottom