• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What he did in an under 21 tournament in one of the strongest teams vs Poland is irrelevant.

He is weak in the air, weak on the ball, weak in the tackle, slow all over the pitch. He dwells on the ball and isn't progressive enough. He will never be good enough. Everything that he did yesterday is basic ffs. We have been stuck with sideways passes with zero skill since we had Cazorla that whenever someone comes on and plays a bread and butter pass inside a fullback who has terrible positioning it appears like he has split the defence open with incredible vision. It is so basic. We just have players who don't do it. For his ludicrous fee we could find a much better player. Someone who can actually run ffs.
what he done that day jsnt irrelevant as it made me excited about signing him. He done everything in that game just like he done yesterday.

The fact is we took a young man and placed him in a broken team. He has shown glimpses of why I was excited to sign him. He responded to Artetas challenge to work hard and got back in the team. two games this season he has been Motm.

He has all the ingredients to be a successful player and as mentioned he responded to what Arteta wanted. I hope we sign him. I really do. He is about to enter his prime years with a years more experience under his belt in a new league in a new country.

I'd sign him for the right price.. Ceballos Xhaka Partley is a very balanced midfield trio.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m not a fan but for the right price I’d take him. I respect that he’s tried whilst he was here, hard to do when on loan in a broken team.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Amazing how quickly this place can turn for and against a player :lol:

He is a good player, and would be very good coming in to an Arsenal team that could hide his weaknesses and highlight his strengths, but I don't think that's us right now.

If Xhaka is to be a starter next season, we need a mobile midfielder next too him...Dani would be a good squad player, but I think he would cost too much for that.

As good as the midfield was in the first half, that 15 minute spell at the start of the second half shouldn't be ignored...how many times have we seen that over the past year or 2?

Against most teams in the league Xhaka and Dani will get run all over, as we have previously seen, and I am tired of seeing it...think it would still best just to let Dani go back to Spain next season, as we need a different type of player in our team atm.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on him perfectly actually.
He’s not bad, I dunno if he is what we want atm though.

say yes

forum master baiter
He hasn’t shown enough to be worth an expensive transfer, but he’s clearly a talented player who I’d be very open to keeping if we could find a reasonable agreement with Real (e.g. another 1y loan with 100% of wages and optional fee).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If he keeps up the level of performance he had yesterday until the end of the season I’d keep him no problem.

From his time at Betis he’s always had talent but hasn’t grown out of dwelling on the ball and falling back on safe decisions.

Parts of the Sheffield Utd game and yesterday were examples of what he can do if he’s a bit more direct. He’s still young tbf and if Arteta has coached the indecisiveness out of his game he could be quality for us next year.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Amazing how quickly this place can turn for and against a player :lol:

He is a good player, and would be very good coming in to an Arsenal team that could hide his weaknesses and highlight his strengths, but I don't think that's us right now.

If Xhaka is to be a starter next season, we need a mobile midfielder next too him....

Basically we either get a unit that hides Xhaka's flaws and brings the best out of him or one that does so with Ceballos.

It's a tall order asking someone like Partey to do it for both with they are our midfield three.

No one's saying Ceballos is a ****-tier player, just that he isn't bringing in enough to the team to warrant his signing for what Madrid would likely ask.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
What he did in an under 21 tournament in one of the strongest teams vs Poland is irrelevant.

He is weak in the air, weak on the ball, weak in the tackle, slow all over the pitch. He dwells on the ball and isn't progressive enough. He will never be good enough. Everything that he did yesterday is basic ffs. We have been stuck with sideways passes with zero skill since we had Cazorla that whenever someone comes on and plays a bread and butter pass inside a fullback who has terrible positioning it appears like he has split the defence open with incredible vision. It is so basic. We just have players who don't do it. For his ludicrous fee we could find a much better player. Someone who can actually run ffs.

The only basic thing here is your post. :lol:

Cebba was magnificent yesterday.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Not sure Madrid would agree to it but the best way forward for us would be if we managed to get him on another one year loan with an option to buy clause. That way it would be minimal risk for us, the player would get another year to get used to the league and develop.

Can't see Madrid agreeing to that though, there is not much incentive for them to take that deal.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Not sure Madrid would agree to it but the best way forward for us would be if we managed to get him on another one year loan with an option to buy clause. That way it would be minimal risk for us, the player would get another year to get used to the league and develop.

Can't see Madrid agreeing to that though, there is not much incentive for them to take that deal.

Financial incentive is certainly there, I'd imagine the loan fee would be massive.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Hasn't done enough so far for me. Just rewatched the first half and he was good admittedly. Still only a handful of good games against poor opposition, though.

He's showing what he can bring when he's on point. He needs to keep this up during the tough run in for me to even consider him.

Still worried about his lingering on the ball and sluggish pace.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Finally showing the level we in Spain expected of him and have seen from him with Madrid, the national team at various levels, and Betis.

Been a mystery to me why he hasn't performed this way consistently until now but if he continues playing like he has yesterday I am convinced we should sign him. Pair him with a more robust midfielder than Xhaka, potentially Thomas, and we will finally have a pivot worthy of this club.

Yesterday was the first time he really played like the player I recognise since the Burnley match.

Guess we should probably hope to see it against decent teams first, he'll have an opportunity to prove himself totally in these next matches.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
what he done that day jsnt irrelevant as it made me excited about signing him. He done everything in that game just like he done yesterday.

The fact is we took a young man and placed him in a broken team. He has shown glimpses of why I was excited to sign him. He responded to Artetas challenge to work hard and got back in the team. two games this season he has been Motm.

He has all the ingredients to be a successful player and as mentioned he responded to what Arteta wanted. I hope we sign him. I really do. He is about to enter his prime years with a years more experience under his belt in a new league in a new country.

I'd sign him for the right price.. Ceballos Xhaka Partley is a very balanced midfield trio.
Not a single one of those in that midfield has a final pass. So where does the creativity come from?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
People are going way too overboard with this Cellabos love. Since, the restart we've played City A, Brighton A, Southampton A, Sheffield A, and Norwich H. Cellabos was poor against City but so was everyone so I'll allow that but he was bad against Brighton with Bellerin. As the link between Pepe and Bellerin on the right, he failed and many were crying out for Willock or AMN to play instead. He struggled against Southampton too. He came off the bench at the 91st minute to score the winner against Sheffield, apart from that he barely featured. He had an excellent game against the worst team in the Premier League by a margin. So since the restart, he's had 1 great game, 1 decent cameo and 3 poor games by a player of his standard. And I'm not even counting the numerous sub-standard performances he gave us before Covid hit.

Reasons why I'm so harsh towards Cellabos is because he is not our player. I don't like developing other players when we know he has no aspirations to be here for the long term. He hasn't got 'time' to bed himself in the league like Pepe does, no, he has to hit the ground running and he has barely crawled. Plus, I dislike the fact he's already similar to what we already have at Arsenal. Decent player but let's not get too attached to him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That midfield is as flat as a pancake with no offensive threat whatsoever. No one there scores goals or can provide the final pass.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Steer clear from this guy, he's a nothing player. One good performance against the worst team in the league doesn't warrant the club spending anymore money on this guy, especially when things are tight financially.

We never learn do we :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That midfield is as flat as a pancake with no offensive threat whatsoever. No one there scores goals or can provide the final pass.
must have dreamt Xhaka scoring yesterday.

And Ceballos scoring the winning goal to put us into the FA cup semi final.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
must have dreamt Xhaka scoring yesterday.

And Ceballos scoring the winning goal to put us into the FA cup semi final.

Xhaka has 1 goal this season, Ceballos has 2. Are you seriously trying to claim over a season these two pose a threat to goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom