• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We'll need to subsidize his wages if we're to move him on, and honestly, think its something we should strongly consider. He's eating up so much of our resources and his presence is contributing to the negative environment at the club. It's worth taking a bath of his wages and accepting a small transfer fee in order to minimize and mitigate the wage hit and negativity that surrounds him.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
We'll need to subsidize his wages if we're to move him on, and honestly, think its something we should strongly consider. He's eating up so much of our resources and his presence is contributing to the negative environment at the club. It's worth taking a bath of his wages and accepting a small transfer fee in order to minimize and mitigate the wage hit and negativity that surrounds him.
Wonder if an Italian team would be willing to rehabilitate him (w/ subsidy, of course). Slower pace of life, on field and off, might suit him. Seems to be working for Mkhi and Alexis.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Why does he have so many fans and followers? Besides the 2014 world cup, what’s he done of note?

He may not be particularly effective any more, but between 22 and 27 he was one of the best in the world in his position. The season we ballsed up the league so Leicester could have their fairy tail, he was exceptional. Sadly too many of his teammates were pony.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One thing I was wondering couldn't the club take away his number and let him play in a number he doesn't want? Would hurt his M10 thing. Might make him pissed. Somehow we need to start thinking about how to move him on before end of next season.

Does anyone know what the club can do to make his life miserable? Force him to accept something or refuse outright playing in which way we could stop paying wages based on breach of contract.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
He may not be particularly effective any more, but between 22 and 27 he was one of the best in the world in his position. The season we ballsed up the league so Leicester could have their fairy tail, he was exceptional. Sadly too many of his teammates were pony.
On his day, he was on a level that, since RVP, no Arsenal player has touched (bar Alexis, whose ‘16-‘17 was one of the finest in our shirt) since.

That era’s long, long passed though, and frankly it’s embarrassing how quickly Özil has fallen off given he was never reliant on pace, physicality, etc.

Manberg

Predator

I watched every game that season but I don't quite get the hype. He had some great performances but too inconsistent. Cazorla was better overall.

scytheavatar

Established Member

One of the best in the world in a position that every other club is trying to move away from........ it's not that Özil has regressed. It's that modern football is pushing away players of his type.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One thing I was wondering couldn't the club take away his number and let him play in a number he doesn't want? Would hurt his M10 thing. Might make him pissed. Somehow we need to start thinking about how to move him on before end of next season.

Does anyone know what the club can do to make his life miserable? Force him to accept something or refuse outright playing in which way we could stop paying wages based on breach of contract.
they could kidnap his family too.:confused:

dude, you're aq good poster. Don't let the hate cloud you.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Yeah let’s start acting like petty teenagers that will do it.

gamechannel

Time to move him on. Buy out his contract, swallow the financial hit and get it over with. Even though, he himself, has kept quiet through this saga, its clear the club's obvious attempts to get rid of him and his refusal to do so is just a distraction. Pay the guy, send him packing.

gamechannel

Let me guess, you must have been disappointed when he survived the mugging last year.. right?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
On his day, he was on a level that, since RVP, no Arsenal player has touched (bar Alexis, whose ‘16-‘17 was one of the finest in our shirt) since.

That era’s long, long passed though, and frankly it’s embarrassing how quickly Özil has fallen off given he was never reliant on pace, physicality, etc.
I don't get it. His fans always bring up the 15/16 season as the best if his career due to the 19 assists. But they failed to mention that 17 of those assists were in the first half of the season. He was piss poor in the second half. Besides half of those assists were set piece ffs. That's Sigurdsson's territory

He was not our best player that season. As soon as Santi, Alexis and Coq got injured, the team unravelled and we never recovered. Özil was so inconsistent. Imagine performing for half a season in what is supposedly the best season of your career

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let me guess, you must have been disappointed when he survived the mugging last year.. right?
I'm always dumbfounded when people bring up that mugging. Kola was even more in harms way during the mugging, but most people were more sympathetic towards Özil who was safe in his car and escaped with the women.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi

We could send some thieves to his house? A warning shot while he is on the street? The possibilites are endless.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
This guy is such a distraction just by being at the club. FFP is suspended and it's probably 17m to pay up his contract possibly less with the weird way we do things. It's worth contacting his agent and putting an end to this. Just take the hit if Arteta doesn't want him.

Agreed. I'm sick of this circus now and want a resolution. Every time he's dropped it's headline news. Can't be good for squad harmony.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

they could kidnap his family too.:confused:

dude, you're aq good poster. Don't let the hate cloud you.
How did you manage to go from my example to force a change to his jersey number to "they could kidnap his family too"?

We could send some thieves to his house? A warning shot while he is on the street? The possibilites are endless.
Same as above.

And another one: Same as above.

At least you are consistent in your way of debating...

One observation: Many Özil apologists (of which you may or may not be ones) remind me of the Trump supporting snowflakes we have here in the US. Any negativity against their "man" and we are in full histrionics territory at once.

I want to debate how he can be managed out in a perfectly normal way (both in debating and in being managed out). He clearly has downed tools and we have a legally binding contract with him to pay his wages. That doesn't mean that the club simply has to sit idly by while he plays Fortnite and jogs around in training. There must be a way the club can force him to either breach his contractual terms or make him feel that the grief of staying with the club isn't outweighed by the 350k per week.

I doubt that is possible, but e.g. forcing a change of jersey number could be a start. It would probably hurt his wallet and pride, but of which are bulging and I would assume very important to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom