• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Mikel the master really. Insinuating there's always a place for Özil, we want him in the team he just isn't doing his part by meeting the standards of this club.

This is the side of managment that Emery just couldn't deal with. The man management, using the media, communicating with fans.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mikel the master really. Insinuating there's always a place for Özil, we want him in the team he just isn't doing his part by meeting the standards of this club.

This is the side of managment that Emery just couldn't deal with. The man management, using the media, communicating with fans.
It’s funny, because even with his limited English, I thought Emery more or less got exactly the same message across. He even gave him game time...

lomekian

Essays are my thing
One thing I was wondering couldn't the club take away his number and let him play in a number he doesn't want? Would hurt his M10 thing. Might make him pissed. Somehow we need to start thinking about how to move him on before end of next season.

Does anyone know what the club can do to make his life miserable? Force him to accept something or refuse outright playing in which way we could stop paying wages based on breach of contract.

I'd be very surprised if shirt number wasn't stipulated in his contract. His team are no fools

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I watched every game that season but I don't quite get the hype. He had some great performances but too inconsistent. Cazorla was better overall.

I too watched every game I think, and until the whole team fell apart in February, Özil was very good. Cazorla when fully fit may have been better overall, but Özil's highs were higher. At that point he could still dominate a game if things clicked. Of course, Özil and Cazorla at CM contributed a lot to each other's success.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I don't get it. His fans always bring up the 15/16 season as the best if his career due to the 19 assists. But they failed to mentioned that 17 of those assists were in the first half of the season. He was piss poor in the second half. Besides half if those assists were set piece ffs. That's Sigurdsson's territory

He was not our best player that season. As soon as Santi, Alexis and Coq got injured, the team unravelled and we never recovered. Özil was so inconsistent. Imagine performing for half a season in what is supposedly the best season of your career
And that ‘off switch’ is why he’s sitting on the bench, under an umbrella, for an 8th place team instead of still playing for Madrid.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsène and Emery definitely didn’t use Özil in a 3-4-3, not even many times...

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I don't get it. His fans always bring up the 15/16 season as the best if his career due to the 19 assists. But they failed to mention that 17 of those assists were in the first half of the season. He was piss poor in the second half. Besides half of those assists were set piece ffs. That's Sigurdsson's territory

He was not our best player that season. As soon as Santi, Alexis and Coq got injured, the team unravelled and we never recovered. Özil was so inconsistent. Imagine performing for half a season in what is supposedly the best season of your career
KDB is yet to reach Özil (15/16) numbers in chances created, big chances created and assists in his best ever season (this season) in a billion pound team that won the league with 98 points without him. You’re talking out of your ass as usual

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
KDB is yet to reach Özil (15/16) numbers in chances created, big chances created and assists in his best ever season (this season) in a billion pound team that won the league with 98 points without him. You’re talking out of your ass as usual
KDB has 11 goals and 17 assist in the PL this season already and 13 goals and 20 assists in all comp.

That's better than anything Özil has ever shown.

Özil stans clutching at straws as usual:lol:

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So... Arsène used him in a 343?

Yes...I was being sarcastic to the reporter that asked Arteta if Özil could play in that formation.

Think we had a mix up :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Emery did this same thing and everyone killed him for it.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How did you manage to go from my example to force a change to his jersey number to "they could kidnap his family too"?
Well, you don't force out a player who wants to play. Hence the over reaction.

I doubt that is possible, but e.g. forcing a change of jersey number could be a start. It would probably hurt his wallet and pride, but of which are bulging and I would assume very important to him.
As long as he trains and attends the games, you cannot assume he doesn't want to play.

This is opposite to the Cesc and Kos situation when the guys just stopped training.

As far as getting him motivated, i think we need to get into more important competitions and everyone would get motivated (him included). He has partially downed tools because of his fights with the board, and I think once he we start playing regularly everyone should forget these events slowly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm always dumbfounded when people bring up that mugging. Kola was even more in harms way during the mugging, but most people were more sympathetic towards Özil who was safe in his car and escaped with the women.
:lol: Protected the women at 60mph with tbe doors on his Mercedes Brabus tank locked, while Kola danced with death.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Well, you don't force out a player who wants to play. Hence the over reaction.

As long as he trains and attends the games, you cannot assume he doesn't want to play.

This is opposite to the Cesc and Kos situation when the guys just stopped training.

As far as getting him motivated, i think we need to get into more important competitions and everyone would get motivated (him included). He has partially downed tools because of his fights with the board, and I think once he we start playing regularly everyone should forget these events slowly.

@krackpot @GDeep™ @Fewtch
Maybe you three could do something for Özil to keep him motivated.

Because clearly no one else can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom