• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

say yes

forum master baiter
He's crap.
46yddp.jpg

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Does Inter signing Hakimi for 36m give hope that Ødegaard could also be bought from Madrid?

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Any of the following will do great:
Max Aarons
Dayot Upamecano
Ozan Kabak
Thomas Partey
Houssem Aouar
Kai Havertz
Phillipe Coutinho
Adama Traore
Angel Correa
Willian Borges
Memphis Depay
Odsonne Edouard
Diogo Jota
Allan Saint-Maximin

Harry Hunter

Tried to fit all our best players, young players + 2 new signings Koulibaly and Partey into 1 team.

Personally I think Upamecano is slightly overrated by Arsenal fans and would prefer someone with more experience but actually good unlike David Luiz. Koulibaly is unrealistic but is all I could think of. And yes I know he makes mistakes but it’s his presence that can elevate this team to the next level ala Van Dijk at Liverpool.

Martinelli Auba Pepe
Saka Xhaka Partey
Tierney Koulibaly Saliba AMN
Leno

Could also look like this:
Martinelli Auba Pepe
Saka Xhaka Partey AMN
Tierney Koulibaly Saliba
Leno

That gives us a strong spine with 1 world class player in each area of the pitch. Defense (Koulibaly), midfield(Partey) and attack(Auba) and a good mix of talented young players and experienced players. Could probably get top 4.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tried to fit all our best players, young players + 2 new signings Koulibaly and Partey into 1 team.

Personally I think Upamecano is slightly overrated by Arsenal fans and would prefer someone with more experience but actually good unlike David Luiz. Koulibaly is unrealistic but is all I could think of. And yes I know he makes mistakes but it’s his presence that can elevate this team to the next level ala Van Dijk at Liverpool.

Martinelli Auba Pepe
Saka Xhaka Partey
Tierney Koulibaly Saliba AMN
Leno

Could also look like this:
Martinelli Auba Pepe
Saka Xhaka Partey AMN
Tierney Koulibaly Saliba
Leno

That gives us a strong spine with 1 world class player in each area of the pitch. Defense (Koulibaly), midfield(Partey) and attack(Auba) and a good mix of talented young players and experienced players. Could probably get top 4.

That's a proper team, although personally would like to see an attacking midfielder come in, maybe Willian on a free to add to that. That team gets top 4 imo and has the potential to challenge for the title in the next few years. Koulibaly/Saliba would be scary.

Agree re Upamecano, but there's no smoke without fire and I do think he is probably the clubs top target at centre half. I really like the flexibility that KT and Saka offer us on the left, it allows us to change between a 343/433 in game, which is invaluable imo. Also like Ainsley at right back, offers something different to Tierney as he is more agile and would be more comfortable coming infield.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The club need to take advantage of financially stricken clubs in Europe, especially France. Hopefully Raul and Edu's alleged relationship with certain agents will help the club ship out the dross to fund new players.

I'm personally quietly optimistic about the summer, I know its the trend to bash Raul at the moment, but Pepe/Martinelli/Saliba/KT was a good window. I know it's been a bit of a stop start season for all of them, but you can see that they all have immense talent, which tells me the club is now going for the right profiles.

-------------------Leno-----------------
AMN---Upamecano--Mari-------KT
----------Partey-----Xhaka-----------
Pepe-----------Aouar----------Saka-
-----------------Auba----------------

I see no reason why the club cannot have a team like this next season, provided they can shift Lacazette/Bellerin/Guendouzi/Sokratis/Holding/Elneny.

I'd prefer Gabriel to Upamecano, but it seems the club is united in wanting the guy. Saliba (who I think is a lot better than Upamecano) isn't there because I cant see the club partnering two inexperienced centre halves.

Sane to Bayern has set the price for players in the last year of their contract, so I really cant see Upamecano going for more than 30m ish. By all accounts, Lyon are asking for 40m ish for Aouar, which is an absolute steal. The guy is technically amazing and can play everywhere in midfield. I remember when Lyon played city last season, reports after the game stated Pep/Arteta were blown away by him, so I think it's one to keep an eye on.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
On reflection I'd honestly focus the summer on three things: clearing deadwood and reducing the wage bill (Özil, Lacazette etc), tying Auba to a new contract, and pushing for a deal for Kai Havertz.

I'm just starting to doubt the efficacy of this supposedly dream summer of Partey and Upamecano (which I'd still be pleased with obviously).

I agree we need a long-term partner for Saliba. But Saliba will be settling in next year with teething issues most likely. It's highly likely that Luiz will be his partner next year. A long-term partner can wait a year imo.

I also agree that Partey would improve our midfield. We'd compete for the ball better and retain the ball better. He has attributes that Torreira doesn't have.

But even if you have Upamecano in defence and Partey in midfield, you still have a HUGE creative deficit in the centre of the pitch in front of the 18 yard box. For the last two years basically all our attacks have gone down the flanks because Özil declined and we don't have a creator through the middle. Our attacking patterns are not good enough for a big club, they are too predictable.

Joe Willock is showing promise but he's not that guy to open up a defence. ESR looks more like that guy but he's not even broken into the first team yet. It's kind of ridiculous to project his development into the future and say he's the solution to the hole left by Özil.

This is the summer to buy Havertz. I know it's unlikely, but stranger things have happened. We've made huge bids before for Mbappe and Lemar. Havertz is more than worthy of going all out for. He's a generational talent. He can do everything, he can pass, create and score. He's the player you build around.

Free up as much funds as possible, try to make a bid that Leverkusen would consider, offer him good terms, sell him Arteta's project, that he'd be at the centre of a PL team fighting to compete and get back to the top.

A midfield of Xhaka and Torreira isn't perfect, nor is a defensive pairing of Saliba and Luiz. But they can be functional and potentially very good in a good system. I'd be happy to have that if it meant we could finally reboot our attack into a genuinely threatening force. Because right now the notion that Arsenal's attack is good is merely a figment of people's memories.

And at the end of the day if you really want a player like Partey or Upamecano, you can find much cheaper versions of them. You can find a player like Ibrahima Diallo for 10m for example. But you can't find a player like Havertz, and this is the only time you're ever in with a shot of getting him. So why not try?

I swear to f*ck if he goes to Chelsea I'll be sick.

Aevi

Hale End FC
On reflection I'd honestly focus the summer on three things: clearing deadwood and reducing the wage bill (Özil, Lacazette etc), tying Auba to a new contract, and pushing for a deal for Kai Havertz.

I'm just starting to doubt the efficacy of this supposedly dream summer of Partey and Upamecano (which I'd still be pleased with obviously).

I agree we need a long-term partner for Saliba. But Saliba will be settling in next year with teething issues most likely. It's highly likely that Luiz will be his partner next year. A long-term partner can wait a year imo.

I also agree that Partey would improve our midfield. We'd compete for the ball better and retain the ball better. He has attributes that Torreira doesn't have.

But even if you have Upamecano in defence and Partey in midfield, you still have a HUGE creative deficit in the centre of the pitch in front of the 18 yard box. For the last two years basically all our attacks have gone down the flanks because Özil declined and we don't have a creator through the middle. Our attacking patterns are not good enough for a big club, they are too predictable.

Joe Willock is showing promise but he's not that guy to open up a defence. ESR looks more like that guy but he's not even broken into the first team yet. It's kind of ridiculous to project his development into the future and say he's the solution to the hole left by Özil.

This is the summer to buy Havertz. I know it's unlikely, but stranger things have happened. We've made huge bids before for Mbappe and Lemar. Havertz is more than worthy of going all out for. He's a generational talent. He can do everything, he can pass, create and score. He's the player you build around.

Free up as much funds as possible, try to make a bid that Leverkusen would consider, offer him good terms, sell him Arteta's project, that he'd be at the centre of a PL team fighting to compete and get back to the top.

A midfield of Xhaka and Torreira isn't perfect, nor is a defensive pairing of Saliba and Luiz. But they can be functional and potentially very good in a good system. I'd be happy to have that if it meant we could finally reboot our attack into a genuinely threatening force. Because right now the notion that Arsenal's attack is good is merely a figment of people's memories.

And at the end of the day if you really want a player like Partey or Upamecano, you can find much cheaper versions of them. You can find a player like Ibrahima Diallo for 10m for example. But you can't find a player like Havertz, and this is the only time you're ever in with a shot of getting him. So why not try?

I get the sense Upamecano was a target before corona and the poor season we had, but that we've dropped the interest since due to the financial constraints.

MiiTek

Sell:
Mustafi CB
(15M - 90k/per week)
Holding/Chambers (15-20M - 25k/50k per week)
Sokratis CB (5-8M - 92k/per week)
Kolašinac LB (15-20M - 100k/per week)
ElNeny CM (5-10M)
Douzy CM (35-45M - 40k/per week)
Torreira CDM (20-25M - 75k/per week)
Ceballos CM (back to Real - 50k per week)
Laca ST ( 30-40M - 180k/per week)

Total: 160M - salary around 700k per week

Buy:
New CB
(30-40M - 100k/per week)
Ngakia LB (free - 40-60k per week)
Partey CM (50M - 150k per week)
Koopmeiners CM/CDM (20-25M - 50-70k per week)
Szoboszlai/M. Roca CM (25-30M - 60-80k per week)
M. Longstaff CM (free - 40-50k per week)
Angel Gomes CM (free - 20-40k per week)
Depay ST (30M - 150k per week)

Total: 175M - salary around 700k per week

Team:
GK:
Leno, Martinez
CB: Luiz, Mari, Saliba, Holding/Chambers, New CB
RB:
Bellerin, Cedric
LB: Tierney, Ngakia
CAM/CM/CDM:
Özil, Xhaka, Willock, AMN, Partey, Koopmeiners, Szoboszlai, M. Longstaff, A. Gomes
RW:
Pepe, Nelson
LW: Saka, Martinelli
ST: Auba, Nketiah, Depay

ArsenalFever

Viktor Tsygankov is a player which fits the type of financial philosophy the board are looking for imo, could be a major positive investment.

He's a left footed winger who plays on either wing and has an all round game.

A player such as Tsygankov could be good for Saka to elevate his game.

LW is a major position for Arsenal to improve on along with a central creative player. If Arsenal are trying to build something positive and constructive, then I think the necessary quality additions are needed.

Everton Soares is another option and my preference, but I'd like Arsenal to sign both to show they're serious.

Buying quality players...
Arsenal were a club that was renowned for identifying talent wherever in the world they be, important for the club to carry on that trend imo.

Impact

Established Member
I get the sense Upamecano was a target before corona and the poor season we had, but that we've dropped the interest since due to the financial constraints.

I actually think we will do this and that COVID-19 will play in our favour.

Leipzig's CEO is on record as saying Upamecano will either sign a new contract or be sold but in any event will not be allowed to leave on a free. With his contract expiring in 2021 and with the pandemic depressing finances worldwide, I expect that we will pick him up for around £35m.

I also don't buy the rumours around our financial position. It strengthens our negotiating hand if everyone thinks we have no financial muscle. Arteta's words would not be as bullish if he did not have firm assurances.

benjamin86

Established Member

Havertz will be going to a champions league club, honestly surprised there's been no rumours of Bayern, Barca, Real or even City being interested, he would fit all those teams really well.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No start again for Tommy Lemar. His value must be down at around 30m now. 24 years old and ridiculously talented. With Özil bring a non-factor now, Lemar would be the best technician we have.

---------Partey---------Xhaka------------
--Pepe-----------Lemar---------Saka--
----------------------Auba

Would be the team we've had from a technical perspective since the Hleb, Cesc and Rosicky days.

Pepe and Saka would need to.improve their goal contribution though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom