• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Laca has never really been our main outlet for goals, it's pretty much always been Auba first (a brief six month run with Sanchez aside) Laca is our secondary goal threat...compare him to other secondary goal threats in our previous teams.

For example in 03/04 Henry got 39 goals and Pires 19 goals, primary and secondary top scorers respectively...in 18/19 Auba got 31 goals and Laca 19, so the numbers kinda match up...obviously they are different player playing different positions, but teams don't always play the same way...Firmino never outscores Salah or Mane despite being the actual centre forward, cause Liverpool are set up that way (not saying Laca is as good as Roberto, don't want to start that again!)

And the team has been poor away from home from around Jan 2017, for a variety of reasons...yes I would like more away goals, but few our our players really perform away from home the last few years...and until we sort out our defence and midfield, Laca will always struggle...as his style of play is doing the grunt work for others, and until we can start dominating away from home again, he will be ploughing away without much reward.

I was happy with Laca for the previous 2 seasons, as I felt his all round play was good...while I have been unhappy this year, as I feel he has been poor in general play, nevermind the goals.

Laca isn't a top striker, but I will defend him on here as I feel he does get a hard time.

Lacazette got POTY for an average Giroud season, shows you how much of a popularity contest this is. Justifying his lack of goals because he's not a scoring outlet is a pathetic excuse, he's a £55 million striker we didn't buy him to twerk on defenders did we?

You need to stop comparing Lacazette to guys like Henry and Firmino because they actually have pace, Lacazette runs like DT off AFTV.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
@MikelHadADream with elite level posting in here, saying everything I was saying a year ago. Unfortunately the Lacazette fanboys like @RacingPhoton won't ever give up on him.

Even that one dumbass I can't even say his name comparing Lacazette to Henry, pathetic posting.
Lol. A dude claims our striker is reason for our poor defense and you are sucking upto him. My view has been clear. He has degraded a lot this season and we are better off selling him even if he has a good rest of the season. I don't have to fight for him or against him with agenda driven arguments.

BigPoppaPump

Lol. A dude claims our striker is reason for our poor defense and you are sucking upto him. My view has been clear. He has degraded a lot this season and we are better off selling him even if he has a good rest of the season. I don't have to fight for him or against him with agenda driven arguments.

You only liked him for his haircuts, now he's bald you turn on him smh.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You need to stop comparing Lacazette to guys like Henry and Firmino because they actually have pace, Lacazette runs like DT off AFTV.

My cousin showed me the match between AFTV and the Man United fan channel, a little while go...state of big DT in that game :rofl:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Our away form had been crap ever since we bought Mustafi and Xhaka.

What a loser @RacingPhoton is. Blaming two players for our away form. If you want to go that route, here are some numbers:

Away points prior to signing Xhaka/Mustafi: 31

After signing them: 30

Away points prior to signing Lacazette: 30

After signing him: 16(!!!)

:rofl: You're such an L magnet, man.

BigPoppaPump

My cousin showed me the match between AFTV and the Man United fan channel, a little while go...state of big DT in that game :rofl:

Still can't believe he tried to fight that Goldbridge doofus over the tackle, the guy is like 40 btw with a 18 yr old son way more mature than him :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Laca has been pathetic and we should see. He's so bad that we'll probably not be able to shift him except we take a massive hit financially. I could even see his situation as being worse than Özil because he still has two years on his contract and could just decide to sit it out.

But unlike Özil, I do believe his decline is physical, whereas Özil's decline is mental.

But let's not pretend he wasn't decent last season.

He gave us plenty of great performance last season. I used to think that this season's bad form was due to the I jury he sustained in preseason but I believe now that it has nothing to do with injury. I Believe we are witnessing an early decline.

Anyone comparing Laca to Oli should know that our midfield during most of Oli's time here was verging on world class

He had prime Özil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta and Alexis feeding and he was missing so much sitter.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You're putting words in my mouth, I said he was/is one of the reasons for our poor away form, and I explained to you clearly why. You obviously either struggle understanding simple English, or don't understand the game of Football.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our away form had been crap ever since we bought Mustafi and Xhaka. Laca though not worth the money was still an upgrade to Giroud. If you look at goals and assists per minute played in the first two seasons, Laca was ahead of Giroud.
Every position in a football is equally important in a game. Are you saying that the central striker position is so important that even the opponent's shots an target are Laca's fault? Seriously, how? Playerd are pressing our defenders and midfielders because Laca is weak? What's kind of logic is that?

They both have contributed as well. What I am saying is that if your centre forward is static, cannot make runs in behind or in the channels, or effectively hold the ball, your team has no outball when under pressure. This encourages teams to push forward.

This is not rocket science, if you have ever played football this is fundamental stuff.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Not really a flop, you can kind of foresee this before he joins based on judging his ability. He was not very bright other than finishing. You can analysis the goals he scored in France. And think if he can replicate them in the PL with less space available/more press....

Flop based on transfer fee.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Props to him, it was a fine goal for someone who's so out of form. Hopefully he picks it back up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looked motivated today, some good man management from Arteta - I would like to see Laca show that same composure in the area again next time he plays. The touch was perfect.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A well taken goal and he was sharp in his movements. I still want him sold but if he can keep scoring, he will be worth more and help us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom