• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Pretty much all keepers have made mistakes, we can find clips of ones from Leno too. Not sure it means much. I can accept that he was ready 4-5 years ago but I really do believe he's been solid for several season now. Great backup at minimum.
But say yes said he's always been a decent keeper which I disagreed with. And I don't view him as comparable to Leno because the latter has won his team points with his saves, can't remember Emi doing similar in his admittedly limited game-time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Emi'll get a good run now.

He'll be Neuer until he makes a mistake, and then he'll Loris Karius.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Those Reading ones were 7 years ago, and the Stoke one about 5 or 6 years ago. I'm not sure they are relevant.
I was just responding to the idea that he's always been a solid keeper. He's definitely had a howler in him especially early on in his career.

9jagooner

Let's not get carried away. Emi is a good goalkeeper but anyone who followed him on loan at Reading will do well to be patient before going overboard. For a no. 1 at Arsenal, Emi isn't there yet. But so far, so good

9jagooner

That said, I like his confidence and how is has been improving over time. I remember when he joined us age 17/18 after the U-17 tournament where he was best GK (or even best player, can't remember), I was excited because at that time, we also had Szczesny coming up and the future looked bright for Arsenal goalkeeper-wise after the years with Almunia.

It's taken a while for him to get here but he has stuck on and stayed with us.
This was his quote some years ago when he was on loan:

‘Obviously I love Arsenal, but it’s time for me to make it there, or go somewhere else. I promised my dad I was going to make it and I will make it’

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But say yes said he's always been a decent keeper which I disagreed with. And I don't view him as comparable to Leno because the latter has won his team points with his saves, can't remember Emi doing similar in his admittedly limited game-time.

You’ve been hurt in the past mate, I know. It’s ok to admit it. I know when you look at Emi you see the ghosts of Almunia and our banter years keepers.

Our Emi isn’t like them mate, he’ll treat you right I promise. He’s a good lad.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Not sure why people thought he was a joke. Has always been a decent keeper.
Exactly. Can`t really remember two bad games from him, the one against Reading when he was just a kid and Liverpool away this season. Apart from that he has done well for us and had some excellent loan spells. I like him a lot, excellent with his feet, commands his area very well and doesn`t give away many rebounds.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How many years left on his deal? After Leno returns I think he'll want to move on if he continues playing like this. We could make some decent money off of him.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He's had two good games and it puts him in the shop window. Can't see him displacing Leno so it might be a good time for him to move and be number 1 elsewhere and we can make some money selling him

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Good performance in a tough away game.

dTcAHZc_d.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom