• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A steely eyed performance and when fouled and not given it, he got up and let Wolves know he was there. He got to the corner and was faced by two players so many times and made a real nuisance of himself. He had focus, speed, physicality and intelligence and lime Saka and Willock, he looks like he can play anywhere.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'm biased a bit but he's impressed me every single time he's played under Arteta.

For me another player we must keep and I'd probably start him at RB till Bellerin/Cedric can prove better.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Made those comments then Mikel stuck him in at LWB to make sure he's real away at a club unbeaten in 8 and he played like that. ****ing love it.
Yeah, he wasn't ****ing around. There was a real element of responsibility and leadership in that cameo. I would really like him to build on that. Forget all the CM talk, it's perform or lose IMO regardless of position. I'm glad he is responding to Arteta - he could be an extremely valuable asset to the team going forward.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Fantastic today. That left side was starting to look like Wolves were making chances but we completely **** down that wing when Ainsley came on.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Good stuff. This is how you do it. Guy is so talented he can play anywhere, he shouldn't be caring which position he plays at all at the moment, most people would kill for an opportunity to play for Arsenal. Show your worth like this, then you'll eventually get your chance in CM.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I love this lad, doesn’t give a **** about who he plays, has the arrogance to do his job. Bummed Traore out of the game.

Telling you, when he gets a place in midfield we won’t look back.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I love this lad, doesn’t give a **** about who he plays, has the arrogance to do his job. Bummed Traore out of the game.

Telling you, when he gets a place in midfield we won’t look back.

Ffs. :lol::lol:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Under Arteta, AMN's versatility is finally looking like an asset, and not a hindrance.

Before playing RB or LB meant that he wasn't playing in his preferred position, but due to Arteta having a greater focus on tactics he's using AMN's versatility very well.

Right now he looks like a player who can play nearly every position except CB or CF and make an impact. Great type of player to have in the squad.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Liked that he gave back what he received. We have too few of those players. Showed some character today which was nice to see. Hope he can build on this.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Great performance after coming in today, very sharp. His utility man potential is very obvious. Have also really warmed up to the idea of him being used as an inverted RB regularly.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wolves are very well drilled, their weapons are Jota, Jiminez and Neves from long range, but it all stems from Traore. Our entire midfield could not tackle. Also doesn't help that Kolasinac fouls and Tierney was exhausted.

No idea what Arteta said to AMN but his actions basically told us. The team took the cue from him. When you see Traore dribbling through your team the whole game and one player comes on and pockets him, it literally shifts the mentality of the team.

Such a good player, just needs to believe it. He pockets the best wingers in the league with stand up tackling.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Wolves are very well drilled, their weapons are Jota, Jiminez and Neves from long range, but it all stems from Traore. Our entire midfield could not tackle. Also doesn't help that Kolasinac fouls and Tierney was exhausted.

No idea what Arteta said to AMN but his actions basically told us. The team took the cue from him. When you see Traore dribbling through your team the whole game and one player comes on and pockets him, it literally shifts the mentality of the team.

Such a good player, just needs to believe it. He pockets the best wingers in the league with stand up tackling.
You'll find a lot of arguments that we should sell him for 20m or something, but I highly doubt we could find a player like him for that money. It's the first time that I saw one of our managers giving him a specific task in the game, and he did really well. Until now, it was always about throwing him somewhere because we didn't have another player to do it.
I hope this will build confidence around him and the manager will trust him more than usual.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I enjoyed how he defended Traore, leaning forward on his toes, showing Traore to his weaker left foot. Traore always powers around you when he goes right but AMN literally stood in his path and lead him inside where he was boxed in. Great tactical change from Arteta, and well done by ainsley.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Hopefully we tie him down to a long contract. One of those players every club competing for the top needs. Out of everyone I’d be most delighted for him getting an England call up.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's such an interesting player, capable of putting in some really excellent performances. I guess you have to keep someone like that around really?

When did you last see Bellerin and think he made an excellent cameo or full game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom