• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’ll keep saying it, you don’t give up on a player with Joe’s attributes. He’s the type of player who’ll kick on in his early twenties. He still looks gangly and unsure of his ability working in the prem, all these good contributions will push him on.

We chose him over Josh Da Silva who’s now one of the best midfielders in the championship, this lad just needs time. I feel the same about Guendouzi but his attitude seems awful, his attitude problems at Lorient seem to still be there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’ll keep saying it, you don’t give up on a player with Joe’s attributes. He’s the type of player who’ll kick on in his early twenties. He still looks gangly and unsure of his ability working in the prem, all these good contributions will push him on.

We chose him over Josh Da Silva who’s now one of the best midfielders in the championship, this lad just needs time. I feel the same about Guendouzi but his attitude seems awful, his attitude problems at Lorient seem to still be there.
So many don't see the upside though, but I see it. The competitive edge, the ability to shrug off opponents and take them out the game - really crucial components to work with. I think he's a better passer than given credit, but his choice of pass and when to pass needs a bit of fine tuning.

Man, I'd be tempted to bring back Josh DaSilva aswell though. He's putting up great numbers for Brentford. Great size and ability.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Man, I'd be tempted to bring back Josh DaSilva aswell though. He's putting up great numbers for Brentford. Great size and ability.
Hope we have a buyback. Never understood his departure. Everyone was raving about him all the time.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hope we have a buyback. Never understood his departure. Everyone was raving about him all the time.
He left on a free - didn't sign a contract. No buyback unfortunately!

I like the player a lot though, has everything to be a complete CM. That said, we're not hurting for CM options coming up so there's that.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
How is his big bro Chris doing?
On loan at Huddersfield from Benfica so not great imo. The other brother Matthew is at Gillingham. I thought we'd missed out with Chris but maybe Joe will be the best of the bunch. He'll also be persuasive if the other two become decent and we want to sign them.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Oi, nothing wrong playing for Town! Granted he has been nowhere near as good as ESR.
The Herbert Chapman link gives me a very small soft spot for Huddersfield but he was tipped early doors as having the brightest future of the three brothers. ESR was loved by Huddersfield and Chris Willock just looks like losing his way slightly.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think we should send him out on loan next season. I think somewhere where he gets games but with a manager who can mould him in a central deep midfield role with an emphasis on playing a controlled static style in deep positioning. I think his future is where Xhaka plays now.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we should send him out on loan next season. I think somewhere where he gets games but with a manager who can mould him in a central deep midfield role with an emphasis on playing a controlled static style in deep positioning. I think his future is where Xhaka plays now.

I’m confused about why we aren’t playing 433 and having him slot in alongside Ceballos and Xhaka to increase our progression capabilities. 1creator, 1 holder, 1 box to box.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I’m confused about why we aren’t playing 433 and having him slot in alongside Ceballos and Xhaka to increase our progression capabilities. 1creator, 1 holder, 1 box to box.
cause we dont dont to switch back to 4 man d.
or 2 out and out strikers with extra midfielder in

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
cause we dont dont to switch back to 4 man d.
or 2 out and out strikers with extra midfielder in

The problem with our back 4 was having only 2 at the base of midfield. With 3, We can have Xhaka can drop in to make a LCB in a back 3 (better than Kola) when playing out from the back, push Tierney forward and lessen the dependency on our limited CBs to advance the ball.

It’s literally what Rodri, Fabinho and Busquets do for City, Pool and Barca respectively. I suspect it’s also why we’re hotly pursuing Partey.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
The problem with our back 4 was having only 2 at the base of midfield. With 3, We can have Xhaka can drop in to make a LCB in a back 3 (better than Kola) when playing out from the back, push Tierney forward and lessen the dependency on our limited CBs to advance the ball.

It’s literally what Rodri, Fabinho and Busquets do for City, Pool and Barca respectively. I suspect it’s also why we’re hotly pursuing Partey.

agreed, it's what I would want also

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

You just know loanee Dani will take his place for the rest of the season. Waste of time

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Trying to figure him out. Such a weird player.

He never seems to get a proper go in possession anymore. Just the odd random touch and poor dribble.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Always panics when he positions himself for a possible goalscoring chance, be it finishing or making the decisive pass. Has to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom