• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

well played mate ... fans are fans...true fans are rare... you stuck to your guns ... fair play.

Respect, mate.

People on here have been accusing me that I support Xhaka mainly for things that are not football, but I do honestly think that he is the best in PL at his position.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I wish he could turn, that would already be a huge improvement. Always has to play it back to the defenders if he’s facing them.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Checking over his shoulder just before receiving the pass isn't something he's able to do. That is why he can't turn - he has no clue what's around him.

Poverty stuff.
Ceballos can, that makes it work but if you have Xhaka with another midfielder that can’t turn when played in you are pretty much crippled as a team.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Respect, mate.

People on here have been accusing me that I support Xhaka mainly for things that are not football, but I do honestly think that he is the best in PL at his position.

Same here man... I just love watching Özil in flow... It's football maan

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/granit-xhaka-arsenal-captain-arteta-18543770

Much of the first half passed as though Arteta was auditioning for the leading role in a Spanish remake of I’m Alan Partridge. “Dani! Dani! Dani! Dani! Dani!” was the cry from the visiting dugout.

When Ceballos evaded his attention the youngsters would get an earful, Bukayo Saka and Eddie Nketiah getting their position adjusted to the nth degree, or Sead Kolasinac would need a talking to. Even Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang required the odd adjustment.

The only player free of a verbal rollicking from Arteta? Xhaka.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He has been our captain and the CM with most appearances in the period since he signed. He has put in many mediocre performances, some good and some bad. With a combination of other CM he has not been part of a team capable of getting into top 4 while being the dictator of play in those teams.

You make it super easy for me here - you say he has been the only one consistently playing in midfield during his time here - ergo he hasn't had a single midfield partner playing with him on a consistent basis

Cazorla - got injured early and was never seen again

Coquelin - crap, dropped and sent to Valencia asap

Wilshere - had some decent performances together especially against Chelsea in January 2018 in the cup and league, but wasn't ideal, and is now at West Ham mostly injured

Ramsey - possibly his best partner, but way too inconsistent so wasn't trusted fully by his managers - despite being fit he had only 13, 21, 14 starts in the league during his last 3 seasons for us.

Torreira - some good periods with him, but was dropped by Emery pretty often - and at times the partnership was broken with Emery's ridiculous approaches of 3 DM's, and changing things every game

Guendouzi - at times good with him, but probably too similar in style to make it work

Ceballos - still way too early to tell, but looking ok together right now in a 343

To absolve him of all responsibility for team performance or to lump it all on him would both be unreasonable. Like I said in a prior post, he's not bad he's just not good enough and the evidence is there for all to see in our league positions.

What a ridiculous thing to say - you don't want to lump all responsibility on him yet you do exactly that in the bolded part? Lmfao.

How is one player responsible for the mismanagement of a whole freaking club? We've had so many issues and changes over the last couple of years I don't even know where to start.

Like I also said. Perhaps you can fit him in a CL capable team but it feels like it would be easier to just replace him

Yeah, sure. Who wouldn't love to replace him with a world class midfielder? Reality is different though, he's the first name on the team-sheet for Arteta, and we have loads of glaring holes in the squad that are yet to be addressed.

If Arteta can get a system running then we can build our squad around that, where we can take players in and out as we please without it being detrimental to the shape/form/style. That would be my preference.

Last edited:

Tom349

This does not surprise me at all. Cellabos is always out of position and occupying the wrong spaces. Xhaka role is actually pretty easy as he is basically a fulcrum in the middle of the pitch meaning if he teams press him then he passes back and the likes of Luiz pass over the top of the press but if they don't press then he has time to spray passes down the wings. Where Xhaka can be damaging playing this role is if he makes an advanced run as it won't be tracked much like his goal against Sheffield.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
He's one of the best passers I've ever watched on a regular basis in terms of technique and how he strikes the ball. If you're watching the games without the added noise you can hear the sound when he executes the pass or shots. It's poetry in motion, clean and sublime, similar to Özil's who is one of the best passers that has ever played in the PL.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's one of the best passers I've ever watched on a regular basis in terms of technique and how he strikes the ball. If you're watching the games without the added noise you can hear the sound when he executes the pass or shots. It's poetry in motion, clean and sublime, similar to Özil's who is one of the best passers that has ever played in the PL.
It's poetry in slow motion, and it's poetry only when he is allowed space to do it, which doesn't happen against top teams, otherwise, it's backward passing poetry or he just hides and waits for others to do his job, like Ceballos yesterday.

One thing that I've noticed with Leno, and it's happening with Martinez now... They avoid passing to Xhaka unless he has miles of space, even then they think twice about it. Both of our keepers are happy to pass the ball to Ceballos and Douzi even if they are under some pressure. That tells you enough about the lack of confidence when it comes to him, and unlike you, these keepers actually play with him every day so they probably have a better idea about that "poetry"

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It's poetry in slow motion, and it's poetry only when he is allowed space to do it, which doesn't happen against top teams, otherwise, it's backward passing poetry or he just hides and waits for others to do his job, like Ceballos yesterday.

One thing that I've noticed with Leno, and it's happening with Martinez now... They avoid passing to Xhaka unless he has miles of space, even then they think twice about it. Both of our keepers are happy to pass the ball to Ceballos and Douzi even if they are under some pressure. That tells you enough about the lack of confidence when it comes to him, and unlike you, these keepers actually play with him every day so they probably have a better idea about that "poetry"

I was solely talking about his passing technique not about Xhaka as a complete footballer.

You probably never played football in any capacity as otherwise you would recognise the mastery in this particular trait. It's fine I'm hete to educate you on the matter.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I was solely talking about his passing technique not about Xhaka as a complete footballer.

You probably never played football in any capacity as otherwise you would recognise the mastery in this particular trait. It's fine I'm hete to educate you on the matter.
He strokes the ball like Van Persie, which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom