• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Based on what? Your eternal wish of AMN playing CM is my guess.

We clearly want him - we've been interested since 2017 I read somewhere recently, can't remember where. Orny recently reported it as well.

I don't think Orny is the Oracle he used to be. It's not based on AMN at all, just hunch. We could have long standing interest, but Arteta wasn't here then. He knows what he wants and maybe he doesn't want Partey.

Also AMN made more tackles than Xhaka and Kolasinac in the entire match in his short cameo. That's basically all Ndidi does for Leicester and isn't that what we would primarily be buying Partey for? I'd keep AMN as the physical destructive presence and instead of spending 50 million on Partey, drop that 50 million on a gifted, press resistant, two way goal scoring midfielder. Even if we don't give AMN that job, we can find a cheaper version of Partey.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’ve never been more sure of a signing than this tbh. We could be paying his clause, agreeing a Torreira type deal to pay more in instalments or swapping a player - but I think it’s 100% happening. :drool:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't think Orny is the Oracle he used to be. It's not based on AMN at all, just hunch. We could have long standing interest, but Arteta wasn't here then. He knows what he wants and maybe he doesn't want Partey.

Also AMN made more tackles than Xhaka and Kolasinac in the entire match in his short cameo. That's basically all Ndidi does for Leicester and isn't that what we would primarily be buying Partey for? I'd keep AMN as the physical destructive presence and instead of spending 50 million on Partey, drop that 50 million on a gifted, press resistant, two way goal scoring midfielder. Even if we don't give AMN that job, we can find a cheaper version of Partey.

Who?

Also I disagree with a lot of this tbh.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Also AMN made more tackles than Xhaka and Kolasinac in the entire match in his short cameo..

Let's start with this. Simply fake news - 3/4 tackles for Xhaka, 2/4 for Kolasinac and 5 interceptions. AMN 3/4 tackles and 1 interception.

You're speculating at best. Emery mentioned last year that we wanted Partey as well, so we've probably been in contact with him already, and if the board has a world class player in the pipeline for Arteta, why would he say no?

No, Partey is way more complete the Ndidi. He's that press resistant player you're talking about. As for finding a cheaper Partey, we tried with Torreira, and he hasn't been good enough. Let's just go with the sure thing if we have a chance of getting him.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I like Partey, but I don't think he is the be all and end all. Zakaria would cost the same amount, is younger and has also played his entire international career alongside Xhaka.

Literally what Furious just said. There's similar players out there for cheaper and younger, but Partey is an established top top talent and if we can get him we absolutely should.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I like Partey, but I don't think he is the be all and end all. Zakaria would cost the same amount, is younger and has also played his entire international career alongside Xhaka.

Good suggestion. I am starting to like Zakaria but a) he's not as good as Partey and b) I can see Willock turning into a similar level player, so I'd take the world class Partey, who's a bit older, and give Willock the chance to develop in the mean time.

say yes

forum master baiter
Based on what? Your eternal wish of AMN playing CM is my guess.

We clearly want him - we've been interested since 2017 I read somewhere recently, can't remember where. Orny recently reported it as well.
Yeah, Orny said we were very close to signing him last summer and that Partey was ‘desperate’ to join us. Partey and Zaha were Emery’s two big targets but we couldn’t make the finance work for either.

It’s clear as day Partey is our club’s big target. The issue is exactly the same as last year: finance.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean the reason I want Partey is because he brings that experience and steel that we are sorely lacking in midfield.
Partey's ability to bring the ball out from the back and run himself into the ground is sorely needed in our midfield.
Xhaka - Partey will give us a much more balanced base defensively and offensively in midfiel imo.
We have Willock, ESR, Azeez possibly Saka coming thru in midfield, lets add experience around it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’d love him here. Love me some good african steel in the middle. If we can’t get him we should hit up Barcelona for Frenkie, them seem to be doing more and more stupid deals lately (Pjanic for Arthur). Give them Guendouzi + 40M maybe they’ll take it. Would be a dream.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's a quality midfielder above all else, so far ahead of anything else we have in that area of the potential. Can retain possession when pressed, is an excellent ball carrier, great technical qualities in terms of his passing and has a great engine as well as being quite physical. He improves our midfield so much. Just having him in there gives us so much of what we lack.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Let's start with this. Simply fake news - 3/4 tackles for Xhaka, 2/4 for Kolasinac and 5 interceptions. AMN 3/4 tackles and 1 interception.

You're speculating at best. Emery mentioned last year that we wanted Partey as well, so we've probably been in contact with him already, and if the board has a world class player in the pipeline for Arteta, why would he say no?

No, Partey is way more complete the Ndidi. He's that press resistant player you're talking about. As for finding a cheaper Partey, we tried with Torreira, and he hasn't been good enough. Let's just go with sure thing if have a chance of getting him.

I meant tackles by Xhaka and Kola as individuals not their combined amount. Also I don't think we would buy Partey to hold. Your spot on with the Willock development. Partey is a world class 8. He is not a world class DM. In fact we have someone who could develop into a world class dm if we use him properly.

Saka--------Partey
------Torreira

Is an incredibly balanced midfield. I'm not against the transfer, just think Partey is a bit misunderstood and we could probably find a cheaper version. However you are right that we need to raise the age profile of our squad.

How would we afford him? Release clauses must be paid in full and our budget is roughly 35 million.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I meant tackles by Xhaka and Kola as individuals not their combined amount. Also I don't think we would buy Partey to hold. Your spot on with the Willock development. Partey is a world class 8. He is not a world class DM. In fact we have someone who could develop into a world class dm if we use him properly.

Saka--------Partey
------Torreira

Is an incredibly balanced midfield. I'm not against the transfer, just think Partey is a bit misunderstood and we could probably find a cheaper version. However you are right that we need to raise the age profile of our squad.

How would we afford him? Release clauses must be paid in full and our budget is roughly 35 million.

Dependant on european football/sales and maybe a swap for Guendouzi. Hence why we haven't moved yet.

You'll see a lot of movement when we know where we are finishing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As it said before we have good advantage because Partey open to leave if we can't pay 50m then i think we can pay it in 2 installments A.Madrid will need money specially after the crisis.

Also don't believe everything it said about budget and we need to sell before buy all owners will inject money into club kroenke too and we'll be spending 100m again this summer and we'll be making few sales

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
after reading that times sport article where they first talked about Martinelli signing a new deal makes me think we need to sell to buy this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
after reading that times sport article where they first talked about Martinelli signing a new deal makes me think we need to sell to buy this summer.
The media said same last 2 season and we ended up spending 200m and only made few sales. Yes this summer could be bit different because the crisis but that affect all clubs

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The media said same last 2 season and we ended up spending 200m and only made few sales. Yes this summer could be bit different because the crisis but that affect all clubs
well we are also operating on a loss arent we this season, 3 seasons of spending with no CL football is bound to take a toll on our finances. Plus with the loss of revenue due to COVID and I feel this year rebuildng will rely on us selling to buy

The good thing is that we need to have a clearout and that will free up significant amount of wages and cash.
Mustafi, Holding, Sokratis are going to be sold and that will allow us to get a CB.
In midfield we can sell Guendouzi for 25-35m and use that to go get Partey.
Upfront if we keep Auba then Laca might be moved on to free up funds for a signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom