• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The media said same last 2 season and we ended up spending 200m and only made few sales. Yes this summer could be bit different because the crisis but that affect all clubs

I posted a video of giantgooner breaking down the finances. We don't have 100 million to spend. Transfers are paid in installments, we still owe Lille money and St Etienne also. It's a 35 -45 million budget even with the Europa league.
Clauses need to be paid in full or two installments. That's still most of our budget.

The only way we get Partey is if we do a swap or sell players, but with so many positions how do we do this?

Saleable assets are Guendouzi and Lacazette. We are trying to keep Auba.

So with that cash if we sell Laca we need a replacement and if we buy that replacement, we still need a cb and midfielder. Where is the money for Partey?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I meant tackles by Xhaka and Kola as individuals not their combined amount. Also I don't think we would buy Partey to hold. Your spot on with the Willock development. Partey is a world class 8. He is not a world class DM. In fact we have someone who could develop into a world class dm if we use him properly.

Saka--------Partey
------Torreira

Is an incredibly balanced midfield. I'm not against the transfer, just think Partey is a bit misunderstood and we could probably find a cheaper version. However you are right that we need to raise the age profile of our squad.

How would we afford him? Release clauses must be paid in full and our budget is roughly 35 million.
Every year they say we have no money and every year they’re wrong. Pundits still explaining away how we got Saliba, Tierney, Pepe, David Luiz, Martinelli and Ceballos in the same window with “they are paying in installments” like we’re the first one to do that.

The rumour that we have no money is probably spread by big **** Raul to drive the price down. We can buy players like Partey.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I posted a video of giantgooner breaking down the finances. We don't have 100 million to spend. Transfers are paid in installments, we still owe Lille money and St Etienne also. It's a 35 -45 million budget even with the Europa league.
Clauses need to be paid in full or two installments. That's still most of our budget.

The only way we get Partey is if we do a swap or sell players, but with so many positions how do we do this?

So with that cash if we sell Laca we need a replacement and if we buy that replacement, we still need a cb and midfielder. Where is the money for Partey?
So why we would interested to sign Partey if we can't afford him? Specially he got release clause.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well wages and transfer fees should both be considered
so us moving on squad players like Mustafi or Holding on might not generate a huge amount in transfer fees but it does free up a significant amount of money in wages
Our priority rn is
- Getting Aubameyang to re-sign, to be able to afford his wage demands + sign on bonus we are likely going to use 200k freed up Mkhitaryan leaving (11m in total).

If Auba stays we are likely going to use player sales to finance Partey deal and then depending on who we can move on decide how much we can spend on a CB.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I meant tackles by Xhaka and Kola as individuals not their combined amount. Also I don't think we would buy Partey to hold. Your spot on with the Willock development. Partey is a world class 8. He is not a world class DM. In fact we have someone who could develop into a world class dm if we use him properly.

Saka--------Partey
------Torreira

Is an incredibly balanced midfield. I'm not against the transfer, just think Partey is a bit misunderstood and we could probably find a cheaper version. However you are right that we need to raise the age profile of our squad.

How would we afford him? Release clauses must be paid in full and our budget is roughly 35 million.

He didn't though. As many as Xhaka, and one more than Kolasinac.

That's not an incredibly balanced midfield, far from actually. Saka is just a kid, so I won't dwell further on that. Partey at that point would be far too high up the pitch. Torreira is simply way too average with his passing, and a midget weakling for the PL.

I don't know how we can afford him, but given we're interested I'm sure we have a plan ready.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
well we are also operating on a loss arent we this season, 3 seasons of spending with no CL football is bound to take a toll on our finances. Plus with the loss of revenue due to COVID and I feel this year rebuildng will rely on us selling to buy

The good thing is that we need to have a clearout and that will free up significant amount of wages and cash.
Mustafi, Holding, Sokratis are going to be sold and that will allow us to get a CB.
In midfield we can sell Guendouzi for 25-35m and use that to go get Partey.
Upfront if we keep Auba then Laca might be moved on to free up funds for a signing.
In my opinion it's all depends on kroenke he said he'll inject money to the club because of this crisis it'll definitely help us out. We'll definitely make some sales already freed 8m from Mkhi mustafi Sokratis Guendouzi Lacazette all will be up for sale.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope you are right about that, I do expect us to free up enough funds to get Partey and a CB but anything after that feels unlikely rn.
Maybe someone like Depay would be possible too if Laca leaves since Depay is on the last year of his contract.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like Partey, but I don't think he is the be all and end all. Zakaria would cost the same amount, is younger and has also played his entire international career alongside Xhaka.

Partey is a lot better than Zakaria. The guy has world class performances against Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona. If you can get a player of this calibre, and he wants to join, you do everything you can to get him.

He is also at the perfect age for a DM. He has at least 5 more top class years left in him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

You realise that with the installments going out we have installments coming in? Even then the “budget” isn’t how much cash we have available but how much we can add to the balance sheet. What we still have to pay in installements is irrelevant. Those fees have already been amortised on the balance sheet.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Torreira is terrible. His level is mid-table in Italy.

No pace, no physicality, no technique, no hope.

Its his first game back from injury mate come on. :lol:

Hardly his biggest fan but give the hobbit a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom