• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What are these jokers calling xhaka the best passer. Here watch this Ziyech video.. to see some real passing. Just from last two seasons too, no need to go 7 years back like in Xhaka’s video. And I don’t even think Ziyech is the best passer or anything.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What are these jokers calling xhaka the best passer. Here watch this Ziyech video.. to see some real passing. Just from last two seasons too, no need to go 7 years back like in Xhaka’s video. And I don’t even think Ziyech is the best passer or anything.

My God. Long passing from deep as a DLP is totally different skills to passing up front as an AM.

One progress the ball up the pitch. Distribution the ball to different players to dictate the attacking tempo. And switch the ball to spaced area for attacking players.

Another is to tear up defence and create goal scoring chances in the final third.

You have just made a joke exposing on your football knowledge.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So which pass in there didn't make you think it's an amazing pass?

He is a good passer, but if he gets a YouTube video titled "The art of passing"...then someone like Santi Cazorla should have all his videos age restricted, considering how orgasmic they are!

How can you think Xhaka is a great passer, but not someone like Frank Lampard?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He is a good passer, but if he gets a YouTube video titled "The art of passing"...then someone like Santi Cazorla should have all his videos age restricted, considering how orgasmic they are!

How can you think Xhaka is a great passer, but not someone like Frank Lampard?
Same here applies to you:
My God. Long passing from deep as a DLP is totally different skills to passing up front as an AM.

One progress the ball up the pitch. Distribution the ball to different players to dictate the attacking tempo. And switch the ball to spaced area for attacking players.

Another is to tear up defence and create goal scoring chances in the final third.

You have just made a joke exposing on your football knowledge.

You are just saying something equivalent to: iniesta can't do xavi long pass so he is ****, or xavi can't do iniesta through pass so he is ****.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Lol Ziyech does it up front, from deep, from the side, from everywhere. Shut up and watch the video before you pass judgement.
Of course Ziyech is amazingly great. I'm not denying that. But xhaka is a DLP, a different type of player at a different position. It's like Huddlestone or Carrick, they don't have to have that skillset to do those through passes up front. Plus xhaka is not totally incapable of that.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
It's not xhakas fault but when you go from Vieira, fabregas, cazorla etc there's an obvious drop in quality when looking at the player that's responsible for bringing everything together and making the team tick. He's currently the best of a bad bunch but that doesn't make the situation acceptable. Hopefully the club will begin to address that this summer and start to move forward again. Whether that includes xhaka as one of the main players remains to be seen.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Who else in our team can dictate the tempo and make a Scholes/Alonso-ish pass?

I'm not against selling him, but at least we should have a replacement before doing so, a replacement like Tonali, who can serve the same tactical purpose.

Do you understand why managers (pre-arsenal, arsenal and international) all like to use Xhaka? He has a quality that serves a tactical purpose that only few players can replicate. Tactical details is the most important aspect of the game in a manger’s or in a sophisticated fan’s eyes.

Let me explain more on what is a tactical purpose. It’s like having a team with 11 Mertesacker, and you want to play counter attack football. One day Walcott joins your team. Yes, Walcott always makes mistakes, he is a **** footballer and he always loses possession. But he serves the tactical purpose of counter attack with his pace, and you would be happy to have him in your team.

What is in a manager’s mind?
Opponent set a high defensive line, I need Auba’s pace to exploit the space behind during counter attack. If Auba makes a run to exploit the space, who can make that 40 yards long pass to initiate the attack? Xhaka. Who else can? No one. If you don’t play Xhaka, your tactics is dead. As simple as this. Unless “if” guendouzi is capable of doing the same type of pass, and guendouzi make less mistakes than Xhaka, then I would always prefer to play guendouzi.

No one says Xhaka is the best, but with the midfielders we are having now, he should be the first midfielder named on the starting lineup. If you think tactically, it’s hard not to see that this is the most logical choice. And it’s not just me, every managers he previously played with was thinking the same way, that’s why they picked him to play.

If we buy prime iniesta, Xhaka would still be here. If we buy prime gattuso, Xhaka would still be here. Because they can’t replace his tactical purpose. They may be capable, but they don’t usually make a 30 yards long pass like Xhaka does, so Xhaka won’t be replaced from a tactical standpoint.

I don’t understand why most of you are so simple minded and just won’t think tactically. Unless if we get someone like Tonali or Cuisance to replace him, he will be played in almost every game. It’s fine to say he is not good enough or needed to be replaced. But at the moment, you can’t deny that he is a very important player to the team.

Added a couple of points above.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Of course Ziyech is amazingly great. I'm not denying that. But xhaka is a DLP, a different type of player at a different position. It's like Huddlestone or Carrick, they don't have to have that skillset to do those through passes up front. Plus xhaka is not totally incapable of that.

One of the best deep playmakers in Premier League history imo...England should have been built around Carrick post 2006 World Cup.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

What's with your obssesion with certain footballers? You were banging on about Özil for ages even when he was clearly finished here and then switched to wanking on Ziyech. :lol:

No one said Xhaka is the best passer, learn to read ffs.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He is a really solid player now, Arteta obviously trusts him. He is the only midfielder at the club that passes the ball with the correct pace.

I'd argue he has played much better than these last 4 games, and even prior to Arteta, in the past. What's your view on that, mate?

Been solid, but think he has been somewhat lacking in passing, especially in this 343 formation, where he hasn't been as much on the ball as he usually is.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I was solely talking about his passing technique not about Xhaka as a complete footballer.

You probably never played football in any capacity as otherwise you would recognise the mastery in this particular trait. It's fine I'm hete to educate you on the matter.
I'm not questioning that at all, but that doesn't remove the fact that he can do it only in special circumstances, which makes his skill mostly useless for us.
Just the fact that he can't make that pass over the defence makes his skill even less important, I honestly can't remember when did Xhaka played a defence-splitting pass or when was the last time he chipped the ball over the defence to play someone through. Even Douzi who has inferior passing skills was able to do that last season.

Would you admire an attacker who can only finish if he goes one on one with the keeper and keeper and there are no defenders around him? Didn't think so, but thanks for the education anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom